Great captains performance today...

Westie1875
30-01-2010, 05:38 PM

:agree: Hoggy was great today.

lyonhibs
30-01-2010, 05:38 PM
:agree: :agree:

He's been solid as a rock the past couple of games, post the Derby and his 45 minute nightmare.

Once Bamba's head come out of the clouds after about 20 minutes, we looked pretty solid at the back.

Lessons to be learned from today's game.

Wotherspoon is a great player, but never a RB.

Being a pack of time wasting, hit-and-hope wannabe weedgie fuds will - usually - get you your just desserts - i.e. sweet ***** all.

Ian Murray's left boot is extraordinarily cultured :greengrin

hibee_girl
30-01-2010, 05:40 PM
:agree:

Hogg was rock solid today and thank God he was because Bamba didn't have a clue where he was for the first 30 minutes of the game

down-the-slope
30-01-2010, 05:42 PM
Hogg was immense - won headers and challenges, put in blocks and unlike Bamba was not trying to get un-winnable balls and giving away free kicks

Hibby Bairn
30-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Just a pity he cannae pass the ball. His forward distribution is shocking.

MussyHibby
30-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Hogg was immense - won headers and challenges, put in blocks and unlike Bamba was not trying to get un-winnable balls and giving away free kicks

Hogg was good today and yes Bamba didn't have his best first 20 minutes, but thereafter he was immense.................again!

Not sure whose fault it was, ( did Smith shout? ) but right now, frankly don't care as we won and Hogg/Bamba were a great contributor to that.

madabouthibs
30-01-2010, 06:04 PM
Not at the game today, but has anyone else noticed that Hoggy is pushing forward to support the forwards a lot more? Has the Yogster telt him to try and get on the scoresheet now and then or what? Had a few forays into the box against Hamilton and a volley that nearly went out for a throw against Smeltic..... :agree:

Gus
30-01-2010, 06:06 PM
Mon the hogg

Chuckie
30-01-2010, 06:13 PM
I think it's about time Ian Murray handed him the captains armband...

Woody70x2
30-01-2010, 06:17 PM

Thought his was distribution was murder... a six at most in the ratings.

GreenPJ
30-01-2010, 06:23 PM

If you give Hogg a six what would you give Deek?

Cropley10
30-01-2010, 06:50 PM
Thought Rankin covered every blade of grass again today, always available for a pass. Unlucky with that shot when he was one on one too:thumbsup:

Woody70x2
30-01-2010, 06:53 PM
If you give Hogg a six what would you give Deek?

I was probably being over generous with a 6... 5 for both. In Riodan's defence he got fed nothing, but he was off the boil.

Chuckie
30-01-2010, 07:10 PM

I thought his was Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo too..
Dude..

Row H
30-01-2010, 07:12 PM

Nice try Chris!

shamo9
30-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Hooooof! But yeah, he played well (which was necessary for the first 20 minutes as Bamba looked like his head was still in Africa).

bigwheel
30-01-2010, 07:17 PM

Not for me....I thought the first 30 mins he (and Bamba) were dominated by the two Saints forwards. I did think he came on to a decent game, second 45 mins was much better...

Liam89
30-01-2010, 07:33 PM
Thought Rankin covered every blade of grass again today, always available for a pass. Unlucky with that shot when he was one on one too:thumbsup:

No way was Rankin good today, everytime he gets the ball, he sh*ts himself and just passes it backwards or to the side. Angers me so much when we are trying to quickly counter attack and he's dilley dalleying crapping himself.
:bitchy::bitchy:

Judas Iscariot
30-01-2010, 07:36 PM
No way was Rankin good today, everytime he gets the ball, he sh*ts himself and just passes it backwards or to the side. Angers me so much when we are trying to quickly counter attack and he's dilley dalleying crapping himself.

Rankin sticks oot like a sore thumb as he has very limited ability and that's putting it kindly!

Hogg was better today, ok for his standars but his distrubution is so bad it's scay!

Bishop Hibee
30-01-2010, 07:37 PM
Hogg was excellent today. Between him and McBride for MoM in my opinion.

allmodcons
30-01-2010, 07:46 PM
No way was Rankin good today, everytime he gets the ball, he sh*ts himself and just passes it backwards or to the side. Angers me so much when we are trying to quickly counter attack and he's dilley dalleying crapping himself. Poo

You mean like Wednesday night at Celtic when he cleared the ball ran box to box and laid on the winner for Galbraith ?

Yeah you're right, he's poor when we're trying to mount a counter attack!

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-01-2010, 07:55 PM
I think that yogi picked bamba today so that we had somebody to line up against Mehmet. I thought Hogg was ok. No nonsense defending. You can't te the difference between clearances and passes upfield though. As for the og...I didn't hear a shout from the keeper.

GreenPJ
30-01-2010, 08:04 PM

Quickly counter-attack. Take it you don't mean Riordan in that context.

Riordans Boots
30-01-2010, 08:05 PM

Hogg was rock solid today and thank God he was because Bamba didn't have a clue where he was for the first 30 minutes of the game

Totally agree :agree:

Love the Green
30-01-2010, 08:45 PM

Unlucky !!!!!!!!! more like pathetic"

"keep the faith

joejoefaemexico
30-01-2010, 09:05 PM
Just a pity he cannae pass the ball. His forward distribution is shocking.
for me his shocking distribution and being desperate to launch the ball to no1 outweighed the positives for me.

borstalboy
30-01-2010, 10:39 PM
IMO the goaly did shout on it and Bamaba was at fault (but thats gettiing off the subject)

Didnt think Hogg had his best of games (although i rate him), think he got bullied by the 6 ft + strikers of St Mirren today. Although some of his passing wasn't great, i dont think the pitch was helpful in anyway!!!!!!!

Expecting Rain
30-01-2010, 11:31 PM
St Mirren could have been two up early doors in a defence which includes Hogg, thought he did ok today which means doing what he should be doing, which for some epitomises greatness, not the worst today in a quagmire of a pitch which offers the captain, Rankin and Nish an excuse to be consistently poor.