PDA

View Full Version : Celtic said naw to Liam Miller

.Sean.
30-01-2010, 10:13 AM
I wasn't aware of this at all...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/scotland/article7007098.ece (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/scotland/article7007098.ece)

''Mowbray was still being haunted yesterday by Wednesday night’s 2-1 home defeat to Hibernian in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League, with the game against Hamilton Academical at New Douglas Park now looming large tomorrow lunchtime for his team. It is a game Mowbray and Celtic dare not lose.''

''One irony of Wednesday’s defeat was that Celtic turned down the opportunity to re-sign Liam Miller, for many the man of the match two nights ago, when he was offered to the club five months ago.''

He turned down Mighty Miller in the summer, yet deemed steaming piles of sh*te such as Simon Broon, Zibi 'The Hibby' Malkowski, Shelton Martis and Konte good enough to wear the famous green :dizzy:

Mowbray cannae judge a player.

Their loss is most certainly our gain.

joejoefaemexico
30-01-2010, 10:19 AM
thats brilliant! mowbray really does seem to be on self destruct mode. shame for the guy, been all downhill since leaving the first to wear the green haha

hibsbollah
30-01-2010, 10:22 AM

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/scotland/article7007098.ece (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/scotland/article7007098.ece)

''One irony of Wednesday’s defeat was that Celtic turned down the opportunity to re-sign Liam Miller, for many the man of the match two nights ago, when he was offered to the club five months ago.''

Ive never seen this reported anywhere else, and theres no evidence or link, which leads me to suspect the journo might be spouting. From what ive read he seems to have slipped under the radar of the 'big' clubs all summer.

Ray_
30-01-2010, 10:25 AM

''Mowbray was still being haunted yesterday by Wednesday night’s 2-1 home defeat to Hibernian in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League, with the game against Hamilton Academical at New Douglas Park now looming large tomorrow lunchtime for his team. It is a game Mowbray and Celtic dare not lose.''

He turned down Mighty Miller in the summer, yet deemed steaming piles of sh*te such as Simon Broon, Zibi 'The Hibby' Malkowski, Shelton Martis and Konte good enough to wear the famous green :dizzy:

Mowbray cannae judge a player.

Their loss is most certainly our gain.

He also brought in some gems like Murphy and Sproule, who both also made a major impact during matches in Glasgow and who can forget the difference between his side and Blooby's, I'm still eternally grateful that he joined our club and for the memories, including playing the OF off the park both in Edinburgh and Glasgow.

Ray_
30-01-2010, 10:27 AM
thats brilliant! mowbray really does seem to be on self destruct mode. shame for the guy, been all downhill since leaving the first to wear the green haha

He took WBA to the EPL & then left to join a Celtic team that desperately needed major surgery after Strachan, I certainly wouldn't be so quick to judge.

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-01-2010, 10:37 AM
What is happening at Celtic now is just hilarious. When things are going well, minor players like professional Celtic person Peter Grant are never out of the papers with the Celtic story nonsense, and what this club means garbage, but it is a different story just now. Strachan left because despite being more successfull than St Martin of O'Neill he could never achieve the single most important criterion of having a tangible link with Ireland. For all he did with us, seeing Mowbray on the hook by his own adoring public is priceless.:greengrin

sahib
30-01-2010, 10:44 AM
He also brought in some gems like Murphy and Sproule, who both also made a major impact during matches in Glasgow and who can forget the difference between his side and Blooby's, I'm still eternally grateful that he joined our club and for the memories, including playing the OF off the park both in Edinburgh and Glasgow.

Like you Ray, I was a big Mowbray fan during his time here. However, the steadfastness that former collegues praised him for, now seems more like pig- headedness. Although, I don't think he did much of a dirty on Hibs his departure from WBA was not to his credit.
He seems to have gone downhill since Grant joined his staff and I wonder if mark Venus has been pushed aside a bit.

Diclonius
30-01-2010, 10:46 AM
Did he actually have the opportunity, or is this just the Weegie press finding it inexplicable that he'd actually come to us first, thereby making up a story so it'll feel all better?

Gus
30-01-2010, 10:53 AM
Back to the op.....maybe the "big" clubs saw signing miller as a gamble, for one reason or another since he left Celtic he not been a regular in any team and that's resulted in him being released

personally I'm glad as he is with us now

glory glory

hibsbollah
30-01-2010, 11:05 AM
Did he actually have the opportunity, or is this just the Weegie press finding it inexplicable that he'd actually come to us first, thereby making up a story so it'll feel all better?

Thats what I think too:agree:
Its too much for them to take in that he actually approached Hibs because he wanted to play for us...

Expecting Rain
30-01-2010, 11:12 AM
From a purely selfish point of view i hope Celtic decide Mowbray isn`t good enough, did a great job at Hibs and apart from his i don`t want to see the replay of M Geady`s dive and the infamous post match huddle he was important in our progress, especially regarding East Mains and i wish him all the best apart from just now!

Westie1875
30-01-2010, 11:16 AM
From a purely selfish point of view i hope Celtic decide Mowbray isn`t good enough, did a great job at Hibs and apart from his i don`t want to see the replay of M Geady`s dive and the infamous post match huddle he was important in our progress, especially regarding East Mains and i wish him all the best apart from just now!

I don't, they'd be after Yogi next.

Toaods
30-01-2010, 11:17 AM
Mowbray doesn't like people who are tarnished with a media reputation for being disruptive.

jdships
30-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Back to the op.....maybe the "big" clubs saw signing miller as a gamble, for one reason or another since he left Celtic he not been a regular in any team and that's resulted in him being released

personally I'm glad as he is with us now

glory glory

Think you are "right on the money" there :thumbsup:
I have heard from my young rellies at ER that LM's "take" was he could come to Hibs without the added pressure of being expected to "deliver" straight away.
It appears his confidence had taken a knock over the last year or two and was looking to rebuild his career.
This would certainly fit in with what we are seeing now :greengrin
Yogi should be applauded for giving him the chance even if there was a
" risk " involved
We must, I suppose, accept that he will probably move on again in a year or two - till then let's just enjoy!!!!!!!!

:flag:

weonlywon6-2
30-01-2010, 12:08 PM
:greengrin

i have to admit that people having a go at mowbray is blinkered.

he was great with us and left to better himself. thats football,like it or lumo it ,but he does seem in deeper than he likes at the moment but i think for us to be bitter towards him is a bit unfair.

have a we joke yes,but some of the stuff ive seen is out of order.

cant see him lasting much longer at celtic though.

just my opinion though

Hainan Hibs
30-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Think the Journo is talking Colin Nish.

On Mowbray, I'll thank him for the football we played at times and the wins against the Old Firm. However, he never tried to hide the fact that the club was a stepping stone. I wasn't against the guy wanting to move on and develop his career, but there was no need to be so ungrateful about the risk Petrie took with him.

Add in some of the most embarrassing derby results, worse than under Blobby, and his "I've got unfinished business at Hibs" and then ****s off to West Brom, plus this years huddle at Er after the match, I think he's a grade A ********.

I hope it all goes tits up at Celtic Park for him.

Pretty Boy
30-01-2010, 12:31 PM
Think the Journo is talking Colin Nish.

On Mowbray, I'll thank him for the football we played at times and the wins against the Old Firm. However, he never tried to hide the fact that the club was a stepping stone. I wasn't against the guy wanting to move on and develop his career, but there was no need to be so ungrateful about the risk Petrie took with him.

Add in some of the most embarrassing derby results, worse than under Blobby, and his "I've got unfinished business at Hibs" and then ****s off to West Brom, plus this years huddle at Er after the match, I think he's a grade A ********.

I hope it all goes tits up at Celtic Park for him.

Agree with regards to the journo.

As for Mowbray i'll likewise always be grateful for what he did for Hibs, he got me excited about the club again after total apathy during the Blobby era.

What annoys me about him is his hypocrisy, all his spouting to the press about loyalty from players and moving forward as a unit then he's upped and left 2 clubs when supposedly bigger jobs have come along. I applauded him when he came back to ER earlier in the season in recognition of what he did for Hibs. Would i do it again? Not a chance after his huddle antics and his constant bleating about what a ***** job football management is. Try doing the 9-5 most on here do and then see how lucky you are you plum.

The Green Goblin
30-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Ive never seen this reported anywhere else, and theres no evidence or link, which leads me to suspect the journo might be spouting. From what ive read he seems to have slipped under the radar of the 'big' clubs all summer.

Not all the big clubs missed him. :greengrin

GG

TRC
30-01-2010, 01:47 PM
Amazed this didn't come out on errr say wed. if it's not a player manager joining thm then its our players no being good enough, but wait we won and Miller best player on the park, they did get Ki exellent wheeling dealing:faf: