PDA

View Full Version : Yams Jefferies: "I just happened to be in Embra" (ed: aye, right)

Part/Time Supporter
30-01-2010, 08:31 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2831951/Jeff-Im-home.html

Laszlo was unhappy at being told NOT to play Jose Goncalves while he stalled over a new deal

:faf:

Imagine Rod telling Yogi not to play Ian Murray until he signs a new deal

:rolleyes:

EasterRoad4Ever
30-01-2010, 09:22 AM
JJ said: "I just happened to be in Edinburgh. I'd come out of the Hearts Shop at Tynecastle and into my car when the phone rang asking me if I could come for a meeting."

So the Yams were just phoning around to find the nearest sucker they could get in quickly? It a whole new concept in manager recruitment.

degenerated
30-01-2010, 09:25 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2831951/Jeff-Im-home.html (http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2831951/Jeff-Im-home.html)

Laszlo was unhappy at being told NOT to play Jose Goncalves while he stalled over a new deal

"i just happened to be in edinburgh" :fibber:

Hibbyradge
30-01-2010, 09:37 AM
Jeffries on Romanov, "I get on fine with him. I won't know until I get in there and work with him, but hopefully it won't be a problem."

Oh dear.

bingo70
30-01-2010, 09:39 AM
Jeffries on Romanov, "I get on fine with him. I won't know until I get in there and work with him, but hopefully it won't be a problem."

Oh dear.

To be fair, Vlad clearly doesn't give a **** about hearts anymore so he probably won't have any run ins with him till the next transfer window when he wants to sign a striker.

Pedantic_Hibee
30-01-2010, 10:55 AM
Just goes to show (if it's true), that Laszlo was being undermined right up until he left.

All this 100% autonomy talk is a nonsense.

By denying Csaba the services of Goncalves, Vlad-flu still runs rife through Riccarton. He's still interfering.

Wonder how CheerUp will adapt to such strong-arm tactics from his boss.......

Hainan Hibs
30-01-2010, 11:38 AM
So Lazlo is in the meeting at 3pm, the meeting was 90 minutes so he says his goodbyes at 4.30.

How the baws can the yams truly beLIEve that Jumbo Jim had no clue whatsoever?

His embarrassing "Ehhhh, I was luckily in Edinburgh and ehhhhhhhh got the call" answer was cringe worthy to say the least.

It begs the question where the hell is Jumbo Jim's tardis to defy time?

The yams as usual avoid thinking about the scenario and just bend over and take another Romanov rogering because "well eh, Jim got us the cup and eh, 107 years".

I truly hope Romanov takes that club down because it is the only thing those bampots deserve.

Biggie
30-01-2010, 11:46 AM
couldn't agree more...Jeffries has sold his soul going back there....all this pish about "managers coalition" and we stick together nonsense...baws, Jeffries was involved in talks WHILST the yams still had a manager....has he no self respect ?..... Hope they crash and burn...

Austinho
30-01-2010, 12:15 PM
A liar and a back stabber?

He's perfect for them.

jabis
30-01-2010, 12:28 PM
AND Bobby Brown was taking in the St J. game on wednesday !

coincedence.....I think not.

lyonhibs
30-01-2010, 12:41 PM

Oh dear.

I give it 6 months, max, before JJ realises - as we have all known for ages - that Romanov is a comedy genius, lying, meddlesome Hibbee Hero.

Can't believe Jeffries has been so foolish - if he though MJ at Killie was bad, then one suspects Romanov's monthly podcasts from Lithuania (or however he chooses to communicate on the rare occassion he takes a hour out of his hectic Lithuania's Got Talent schedule) will come as a nasty shock.

"I have for you, Mr Red Nose and your sidekick small baldy angryman, a new Striker for to solve all your problems. He must be played, regardless of form or tactics, and his name shall be...............................................

.................................................. ................................................

.................................................. ................................................

Oh no wait, ***** that, you'll just have to make do with Albino Boy and the Fat Student? Any questions? No, didn't think so.

Commander Romanov, over and out"

Part/Time Supporter
30-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Goncalves, who Csaba was hoping would be available today, still had Vladflu today.

:hmmm:

sauzee1966
30-01-2010, 06:14 PM
when JJ says he just happened to be in Edinburgh...he was but the night before and in a very nice Hotel, stayed overnight then hung around for ages always on his phone...was like a cat on a hot tin roof.
Hearts Director picked him up and then went to ***********...so all set up and he was there...just by chance...in a shop...what a load of tosh ..first words from his mouth was a lie. Well he will need the practice!

Just goes to show (if it's true), that Laszlo was being undermined right up until he left.

All this 100% autonomy talk is a nonsense.

By denying Csaba the services of Goncalves, Vlad-flu still runs rife through Riccarton. He's still interfering.

Wonder how CheerUp will adapt to such strong-arm tactics from his boss.......

Crab apple
30-01-2010, 07:28 PM
Perhaps the fall out with the Killie Chairman came at a convenient time. I have no doubt that Jumbo and BB have been planning for todays game and the ****bos Legaue cup semi final. A list of player comings and goings has also most probably been agreed with Mad Vlad.

greglauder
30-01-2010, 08:41 PM
Jim Jeffries Quote:
"I just happened to be in Edinburgh"

What a load of sh*t
Like you can agree a contract and all the paperwork in 1 hour

Irish_Steve
30-01-2010, 08:41 PM
To be fair, a big X in maroon crayon doesn`t take too long

I'm_cabbaged
30-01-2010, 08:44 PM
Sad jambo bassa, with a sheite fitba' team. :agree:

Ants
30-01-2010, 08:45 PM
Start as you intend to continue....
Lying Barsteward who will say what Vlad Vodka wants to hear.

iwasthere1972
30-01-2010, 08:45 PM
Jim Jeffries Quote:

What a load of sh*t

He was using Peggy and Phil Mitchell's solicitor.

Simples.

monktonharp
30-01-2010, 08:52 PM
Jim Jeffries Quote:

What a load of sh*t
Like you can agree a contract and all the paperwork in 1 hourwhat an obnoxious toad. does he think we're buttoned up the back? that was a done deal if ever there was one.......watch this space. Kyle,before the deadline

bobbyhibs1983
30-01-2010, 08:58 PM
Jim Jeffries Quote:

What a load of sh*t

who said anything about agreeing a contract?i believe that vlad said to jambo jeff heres a contract sign it take it of leave it" and as somone else said how hard is it to sign x?

poolman
30-01-2010, 09:47 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2831951/Jeff-Im-home.html

I dont know what your trying to infer here

It's a well known fact that Jumbo always goes shopping at rush hour in Embra on a Friday night wearing a suit, shirt and tie :faf:

Mikey
30-01-2010, 09:58 PM
Start as you intend to continue....
Lying Barsteward who will say what Vlad Vodka wants to hear.

That's exactly it. He's telling porkies to the Hearts fans already to cover Vlad's back.

And he follows it up by not playing a fully fit player because Vlad tells him not to.

Nothing's changed.

Jim44
30-01-2010, 10:15 PM
Jeffries is a lying, spineless, sycophantic, unprincipled, fat, inarticulate, incoherent, monotonous, devious rat........................if you can put that to the back of your mind, you might think he is the answer to the Jambos prayers........................my God, they deserve each other.

down the slope
30-01-2010, 10:46 PM
Putting my sherlock Holmes hat on here so how was Jumbo Jim photographed in daylight with his name on the shirt if it all happened so suddenly ?.

iwasthere1972
30-01-2010, 10:58 PM
Putting my sherlock Holmes hat on here so how was Jumbo Jim photographed in daylight with his name on the shirt if it all happened so suddenly ?.

The photo was taken a week ago while Shabba and the lads were training at Riccarton.

Dr Watson.

RickyS
30-01-2010, 11:30 PM
I would love it if Shabby got the Dundee Utd job and stuck it right ****in up them.

fatbloke
30-01-2010, 11:42 PM
He was using Peggy and Phil Mitchell's solicitor.

Simples.

Edgar J Loophole.:wink:

Nailrod
31-01-2010, 01:11 AM
There's something about this story that doesn't quite ring true. Why I myself was shopping in Edinburgh on Friday afternoon, and nobody phoned me up on the off-chance that I might be available to come and manage Hertz.

O'Rourke3
31-01-2010, 01:38 AM
No doubt season ticket announcement coming soon, you have to hand it to ?Vlad, he knows how to keep these suckers paying :top marks

I for one do not believe this happened inside an hour and a bit so wish all involved a dose of genital herpes (TBF I'd have wished that on them in any case :agree:)

Sprouleflyer
31-01-2010, 07:32 AM

Was Whitney there?

ronaldo7
31-01-2010, 07:50 AM
Was Whitney there?

:take that:

Kaiser1962
31-01-2010, 08:19 AM
So Lazlo is in the meeting at 3pm, the meeting was 90 minutes so he says his goodbyes at 4.30.
His embarrassing "Ehhhh, I was luckily in Edinburgh and ehhhhhhhh got the call" answer was cringe worthy to say the least.

Not only was he in Embra he was in the Hearts shop as well. No, not the one at St.James that is in rent arrears, the one at the PBS to boot. In all probability he watched Shabby leave the ground. I thought JJ had more dignity and self esteem than that to be honest. These things have a funny way of catching up with you and whilst I have always rated Jumbo Jim, as a manager and as a person, his conduct on this occasion appears to leave a bit of a sour taste.

brog
31-01-2010, 09:45 AM
when JJ says he just happened to be in Edinburgh...he was but the night before and in a very nice Hotel, stayed overnight then hung around for ages always on his phone...was like a cat on a hot tin roof.
Hearts Director picked him up and then went to ***********...so all set up and he was there...just by chance...in a shop...what a load of tosh ..first words from his mouth was a lie. Well he will need the practice!

Wouldn't be at top of High St by any chance? That's Vlad's haunt of preference. I was staying there on the day Burley was sacked & it was apparent from the Mad one's antics in & around the hotel lobby that something was afoot. As other posters have said I think most people had grudging respect for Jefferies but this behavior is shameful.

poolman
31-01-2010, 01:04 PM
There's something about this story that doesn't quite ring true. Why I myself was shopping in Edinburgh on Friday afternoon, and nobody phoned me up on the off-chance that I might be available to come and manage Hertz.

You weren't one of these people were you :wink:

"I came out of the meeting and people were stopping their cars, practically on their knees begging me to come back," he said. "There was always that feeling somewhere that I would be back, although I didn't know in what capacity."

greenlex
31-01-2010, 01:07 PM
I have always thought JJ was a Trumpet. Now it appears he is a Devious Trumpet.
That is all.

Woody1985
31-01-2010, 01:25 PM
What happened at Killie with JJ?

Could the whole falling out have been engineered to allow him out of his contract and therefore no compensation?

CL has been pissing off Romanov with the striker talk all the time so it's been planned for him to leave for some time.

JJ has also worked with next to no budget at Killie so will fit in well!

Granty Boy
31-01-2010, 01:50 PM
[QUOTE=EasterRoad4Ever;2329176]JJ said: "I just happened to be in Edinburgh. I'd come out of the Hearts Shop at Tynecastle and into my car when the phone rang asking me if I could come for a meeting."

I smell s***e :agree:

Feed McGraw
31-01-2010, 02:43 PM
Was Whitney there?

Yes she was, managing Dun.Utd. :greengrin

Hibsandaroo
31-01-2010, 03:47 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/default.stm

When you look at the actual video of the interview at about 2 mins 30 seconds, watch his eye language when he's asked "How long did it take for you to make up your mind?"

He's quick to emphasise - at 10 to 5 etc... I just went up to have a chat, he gives it a nice big tell tail look to the down right quickly followed by a wee nervous chuckle. Classic liars body and eye language

johnrebus
31-01-2010, 03:54 PM
Have just read a BBC piece on Lazlo where he states that he would be ' nobody's puppet ' when refusing to drop Concalves on the Mad Ones direct instruction.

How is JJ going to react to such a situation?

I know he must have been desperate for a job, but as someone involved in the game, he must have more knowledge of what goes on inside Tynecastle than your average punter, surely?

Or is he just just plain bloody stupid?

:confused:

joejoefaemexico
31-01-2010, 03:56 PM

It begs the question where the hell is Jumbo Jim's tardis to defy time?

The yams as usual avoid thinking about the scenario and just bend over and take another Romanov rogering because "well eh, Jim got us the cup and eh, 107 years".

I truly hope Romanov takes that club down because it is the only thing those bampots deserve.

couldn't agree more...Jeffries has sold his soul going back there....all this pish about "managers coalition" and we stick together nonsense...baws, Jeffries was involved in talks WHILST the yams still had a manager....has he no self respect ?..... Hope they crash and burn...

couldn't agree more. i was a believer that i wouldn't want hearts to go down the tubes because they are our rivals etc etc etc, but that lot are frightening. how much more of this nonsense has to take place before they say enough is enough. obviously the man utd situation is completely different but both clubs have been saddle with huge amounts of debt (in comparison with their size/turnover/earning potential) but united fans have said enough is enough and have started putting a plans together to attract alternative buyers and oust the people that are ruining the club.

forthhibby
31-01-2010, 04:25 PM
looks like vlad is going to try everything to avoid paying csaba hearts's transfer budget for the next few seasons in compensation

Laszlo loses heart

Former Hearts manager Csaba Laszlo is seeking compensation for the 18 months remaining in his contract Photograph: Stewart Attwood
Mark Donaldson

0 commentsPublished on 31 Jan 2010

Sacked former Hearts manager Csaba Laszlo is to seek legal advice having learned the club has no plans to pay him any compensation.

Laszlo’s dismissal on Friday at 4.35pm triggered an incredible, cloak-and-dagger, two-hour period behind the scenes at Tynecastle, culminating in the arrival of Jim Jefferies for talks at 5.10pm followed by his subsequent appointment at 6.35pm.

The Sunday Herald has learned that Hearts hope to avoid paying their former manager any money by claiming Laszlo was guilty of breach of contract and, therefore, insubordination.

They will cite several key areas for justifying his dismissal, including:

1. Undermining the business position of the club by talking publicly about specific transfer targets and revealing the identity of names on his wish list, including strikers Izale McLeod and Steven McLean.

2. Publicly associating – and volunteering – himself for other managerial positions at clubs such as Manchester United, Liverpool, Hannover and Celtic – one of Hearts’ biggest rivals – as well as linking himself with international posts including Scotland and South Africa.

3. Publicly undermining the current Hearts squad by continually stating he required better players; an approach in direct conflict with the Board’s aim of bringing through and developing the best young players in the country.

It is also understood that a recent argument between Laszlo and majority shareholder Vladimir Romanov concerning defender Jose Goncalves led to a virtual disintegration of the working relationship between manager and owner.

Laszlo was keen to reinstate the Portuguese internationalist to the first team earlier this month after Goncalves recovered from a muscle injury, but a source close to the manager claims there was a strict instruction from Romanov that under no circumstances was the defender to be selected until he agreed to resume talks about a new contract, which ironically took place earlier this week.

Laszlo will now enlist the help of PFA Scotland for advice on how he can get the remaining 18 months of his contract paid in full.

The independent union mainly offers footballers in Scotland support, advice and representation, but they also assisted Jefferies a fortnight ago and helped him reach a financial settlement with Kilmarnock after leaving Rugby Park.

Anyone looking for a specific reason as to why Vladimir Romanov dispensed with his longest-serving manager – a particular straw that finally broke the camel’s back – will find their search a rather long and eventually fruitless one.

Insiders at Hearts insist the sacking of Csaba Laszlo on Friday was not a knee-jerk reaction from the owner, instead a culmination of various perceived discrepancies by the manager which, they suggest, can be traced back to the start of this season.

Publicly, Romanov was concerned about the form of the team with Hearts recording just two wins from their first 12 matches in the SPL. The early Europa League exit – mainly due to the 4-0 defeat by Dinamo Zagreb in Croatia – didn’t do much to brighten his mood either.

Privately, the owner believed Laszlo was dining out on his 2008/09 Manager of the Year award for too long and, as a result, was being distracted, resulting in the performances of the team suffering.

Romanov also felt that his manager’s focus and attention was lying outside the club and not on the job in hand; he was of the opinion that Laszlo had been trying to work his ticket since last August, without success.

Laszlo’s recent public grievances about not receiving permission to sign a striker were heard loud and clear in Lithuania and didn’t help the manager’s cause either.

It remains to be seen how much patience the Hearts owner will have with the latest incumbent in the Tynecastle managerial hot-seat, although the signs look good from the off.

Fans’ favourite Jim Jefferies has been handed a two-and-a-half year contract – running until the summer of 2012 – and is adding his long-term assistant Billy Brown to the backroom staff now that Laszlo’s number two Werner Berger is effectively on gardening leave. Funds have also been made available to bring former Hearts captain Gary Locke into the coaching staff. Both Locke and Brown are at the club, but their positions will be confirmed once Berger’s situation has been resolved.

Few managers get the chance to return to their old club after 10 years, never mind reach a national cup final their second match in charge, but Tuesday’s Co-Operative Insurance Cup semi-final against St Mirren at Fir Park provides Jefferies with such an opportunity.

Hearts haven’t won the League Cup since 1962, but Jefferies ended a similar-length wait in 1998 when, with him at the helm, the Scottish Cup returned to Gorgie for the first time in 42 years.

It remains to be seen if lightning can strike twice.

TheMentalHibees
31-01-2010, 04:28 PM
Having not read a single post on this thread, I have this to say;

Jeffries is a torn-faced Hertz ****, who sorely needs to cheer up. I wish him a tremendously unpleasant 6 months at the PBS.

ArabHibee
31-01-2010, 04:46 PM
If Jumbo Jefferies loves the club as much as he says he does in his interview, then he would never have taken that job.

Money talks Jefferies and you've just sold your soul. Fingers crossed it all goes disastrously wrong for you.

Phil D. Rolls
31-01-2010, 05:17 PM
"i just happened to be in edinburgh" :fibber:

He just happened to be somewhere else the day before, he passed me on the M90 at Halbeath. Could he possibly have been in talks with another managerless team such as Dundee United? We may never know.

He's only at the PBS for a pay off. You can't blame the guy, it's free money.

As for Hearts, all this changing the manager can't be good for consistency in things such as their famous youth policy. I think we don't have to worry about anything from there for a long a time.

lapsedhibee
31-01-2010, 06:07 PM
Have just read a BBC piece on Lazlo where he states that he would be ' nobody's puppet ' when refusing to drop Concalves on the Mad Ones direct instruction.

How is JJ going to react to such a situation?

I know he must have been desperate for a job, but as someone involved in the game, he must have more knowledge of what goes on inside Tynecastle than your average punter, surely?

Or is he just just plain bloody stupid?

:confused:

He clearly is, if he thought the BBC viewing and listening public would swallow his pish about just happening to be in Edinburgh. Yams, fair enough - but he spouted it on the Beeb! :crazy:

lyonhibs
31-01-2010, 07:43 PM
Its just as well Hearts keep a spare club suit and tie, along with personalised tracksuits, on hand for just such an eventuality....................................... ..................

What a tubby lying barsteward.

Removed
31-01-2010, 07:46 PM
Its just as well Hearts keep a spare club suit and tie, along with personalised tracksuits, on hand for just such an eventuality....................................... ..................

What a tubby lying barsteward.

:agree:

And a 46L as well :greengrin

Looks like JJ could even teach Tony Blair a thing or two. Total embarrasment. So glad I'm not a yam fud.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-01-2010, 08:04 PM
It was only last week that they were falling over themselves and indulging in mutual backslapping about how "professional" and "well-run" they were following the smash and grab signing of Darren Barr.

And here we are now, watching normal service resume as they go all cloak and daggers and install CheerUp into the hotseat precisely 37 seconds after they emptied the best manager they've had since Burley.

And for the record ya phannies, it wisnae hootin-tootin' professionalism that made Darren Barr choose you over the other clubs, it was purely because you offered more money than anyone else (Vlad's no maxed the credit card oot yet). And if you want a source, look no further than your craggy-faced racist Gary MacKay for that scoop.

I'll give JJ no longer than 6 months, Vlad's already undermined him in his first game in charge by putting Goncalves into exile.

Still, JJ will only be killing the club every day that he was at Tynecastle...'cos Vlad said so.

Crash and burn ya gutless, spineless, gullible backwards shower of fuds. :bye:

matty_f
31-01-2010, 08:06 PM
looks like vlad is going to try everything to avoid paying csaba hearts's transfer budget for the next few seasons in compensation

Donaldson puts a healthy pro-Vlad/pro-Yam spin on that piece.

I'd take all of it with a huge pinch of salt, other than the bit about Plan F wanting compensation.

ArabHibee
31-01-2010, 08:25 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8488653.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8488653.stm)

Reporter: Where were you when you got the phone call?

Jumbo: I was, believe it or not, in Edinburgh. I was in a shop, in a cubicle.................... :blah:

Aye, mair like you were hiding in the toilet cubicles in Swynie as Shabba was frogmarched out the door. Nothing but a shyster!! :grr:

Caversham Green
31-01-2010, 08:26 PM
The more you think about this the clearer it becomes that the whole thing was stage-managed, the question is why.

Was it just a last vindictive swipe at Shabby? The speed of JJ's appointment gives a lot of weight to Shabby's inevitable lawsuit and must also raise questions in the minds of the Killie board. If they do sign Kyle before midnight tomorrow the whole thing becomes even more obvious. Or is something else about to happen?

This one could run and run.

HIBERNIALEITH
31-01-2010, 08:43 PM

Obviously never took any notes down then! pmsl!!!

surreyhibbie
31-01-2010, 09:03 PM
I was actually surprised, I thought Flasher had more regard for the Yams than to accept a role as Vlad's puppet and be a part in the demise of the club.

Turns out he's a two-faced to$$er after all, just like the rest of the yamfuds.

Hope they go through the floor.