PDA

View Full Version : Fletch or Stokes ?

EasterRoad4Ever
30-01-2010, 05:14 AM
Now that Stokes has been with us for 6 months, what's the view ?

SRHibs
30-01-2010, 05:19 AM
They're different types of player. Stokes has more goals in his game, but I feel Fletcher is a better all round player at the moment.
Fletch along side Stokes would've been nice.:agree:

Oscar Lomax
30-01-2010, 05:24 AM
Stoke's by far. One on one with the goalie Id bet on Stokes scoring every time but Fletcher nah.....Yes he has had some decent games so far with Burnley but I still dont think he will cut it down there.

EasterRoad4Ever
30-01-2010, 05:34 AM
Stoke's by far. One on one with the goalie Id bet on Stokes scoring every time but Fletcher nah.....Yes he has had some decent games so far with Burnley but I still dont think he will cut it down there.

Tend to agree. We always worry about losing our best players, and Fletch was one of them, but we got £millions for him and replaced him with a two footed striker that's banging them in (against the OF too !). I was hopeful that Stokes would live up to his reputation, but you can't guarantee it. Now that he is, Stokes for Fletch might turn out to be be one of the best deals Hibs have done is years.

Oscar Lomax
30-01-2010, 06:11 AM
Agree mate. I dont want to go as far as saying Fletcher was over rated but, I think Stokes is a better all round player who as you say, can score with any foot and isnt to bad in the air either.....lets hope we can hold onto him in the summer !

Tend to agree. We always worry about losing our best players, and Fletch was one of them, but we got £millions for him and replaced him with a two footed striker that's banging them in (against the OF too !). I was hopeful that Stokes would live up to his reputation, but you can't guarantee it. Now that he is, Stokes for Fletch might turn out to be be one of the best deals Hibs have done is years.

Latapy1911
30-01-2010, 06:16 AM
Stokes is 1 million times better than fletcher ever was at hibs

KWJ
30-01-2010, 06:32 AM
I both disagree and agree with things said on here.

Stokes is doing a better job for us I and I'd prefer for us to have him. However I still think Fletcher is the better player and this shows at the higher level where Fletcher is coping well and Stokes wasn't up to it.

Fletcher's game wasn't as suited to the SPL and he thrives playing at a higher level. Stokes has found his level IMO.

All in all ****in braw for us Hibees!

Anyone hear Alan Preston say on sportsound that Hearts were offered him a few weeks before he signed for Hibs. HA!

Tame Tiger
30-01-2010, 08:10 AM
After the departure of Fletch, i doubt, many on here felt that our replacement would be anywhere near as good.
14 Goals for Stokes thus far is an impressive return.

Still prefer to have them both though!!

CallumLaidlaw
30-01-2010, 08:16 AM
Fletcher was given years to develop as a first team player at hibs. Stokes had 5 months at Falkirk.
Stokes is the better finisher inside the box, they both have good free kicks, and Stokes scores more.
If Fletcher could use or even tried to use his right foot, and a bit more composure when through on goal, he would get a bigger move than Burnley

Big90inOz
30-01-2010, 08:28 AM
It's simple...

Stokes is here and Fletch isn't.
Stokes has a higher scoring rate
Stokes has two feet.

Stokes it is then :greengrin:greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-01-2010, 08:46 AM
If Fletcher was two-footed then there woud be no debate. Also, he went south as a prospect only and has done well. Stokes did nothing at Arsenal and nothing at Sunderand despite the hype. Mind you, what they do or have done in another teams' jersey means zip to me. If you put all the players linked in a line, Burnley got 2.5-3 milion for Lafferty, used 2 milion to buy Fletch, we used some of that to buy Stokes. Now to me, there is only one team that got shafted in that transaction.:greengrin

Broken Gnome
30-01-2010, 09:32 AM

Not really fair as he is cutting it down there....

As someone said, the two of them together would be as good a strikeforce as Hibs would ever had. Fletch is a forward and will win countless Scotland caps because he's the best we have, but we replaced him with a proper goalscorer, worked out brilliantly.

Barney McGrew
30-01-2010, 09:39 AM
Stokes is playing in a far better team than Fletch was for the last couple of years with us.

HibbyAndy
30-01-2010, 10:10 AM
Gotta be Stokes.

cammy1969
30-01-2010, 10:39 AM
not much in it for me stokes went 2 the epl at what 18-19 and found it hard fletch was 21ish if he'd went at 18 imo he'd ave found it hard as well if anything it should show all the young players 2 stay at a club for a few years learn your trade as some 1 said stokes had 5 months at falkirk then the epl if any painter joiner spark ect only had 5 month training then tried to make it on a building site how do you think they would ave done

col02
30-01-2010, 10:43 AM
Fletchers game as forward is all about bringing others into play whereas Stokes game is about putting the ball in the back of the net. Unlike some Hibs fans I was hugely appreciative of Fletchers talent while he was at Hibs and see him going a long way in the game. Stokes is a fine player but not quite as good as Fletcher imho.

VegasHibby
30-01-2010, 11:29 AM
Now that Stokes has been with us for 6 months, what's the view ?

Good post. Stokes without a doubt. The proof is in the pudding.

Pedantic_Hibee
30-01-2010, 11:35 AM
The simplistic way I look at football is; I want my goalkeepers to keep the ball out of the net, I want my defenders to defend, I want my midfielders to defend and attack and I want my strikers to score.

On that basis, I'd take Stokes every time.

Fletcher for me is probably the better all-round player; as a finisher, Stokes every single time.

Beefster
30-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Fletcher's a better footballer, Stokes is a better goal scorer.

Spudster
30-01-2010, 11:48 AM
If you put all the players linked in a line, Burnley got 2.5-3 milion for Lafferty, used 2 milion to buy Fletch, we used some of that to buy Stokes. Now to me, there is only one team that got shafted in that transaction.:greengrin

:greengrin