PDA

View Full Version : The 2nd place dilemma?

EasterRoad4Ever
29-01-2010, 08:02 PM
Why is that Hibs always seem to get caught in the horrible middle-ground - not quite good enough to deliver success, but enough attract the vultures ??

Whether its cup finalists or wins against the OF, this always seems to spark speculation about the break up of the team or manager moving on. Just like a last minute winner against the OF, IMO any success has to be achieved unexpectedly and quickly - otherwise the chance is gone.

What's better 3rd place, and the team left relatively intact for the next season, or 2nd place and the inevitable sell off of our best players and probably our manager ????

Mikey
29-01-2010, 08:06 PM
3rd might actually get us a better run in Europe next season. If we're second we're not going to make it to the group stages of the CL!!

The group stages of the EC could be within reach though and Hibs fans would turn out in numbers for the home games.

jakedance
29-01-2010, 08:07 PM
2nd place of course. 1st would be better than that. All for goals and glory.

Houchy
29-01-2010, 08:47 PM
I don't want to jinx anything and end up looking like a tool but IF we finished 2nd, would we not still get more money than just qualifying for the EC???

We could also have the "Champions League anthem" playing after our last match of the season to ram it right up the yams.:greengrin

hibee_girl
29-01-2010, 08:49 PM
I don't want to jinx anything and end up looking like a tool but IF we finished 2nd, would we not still get more money than just qualifying for the EC???

We could also have the "Champions League anthem" playing after our last match of the season to ram it right up the yams.:greengrin

We would get more money for finishing 2nd :agree:

whiskyhibby
29-01-2010, 08:59 PM
Ask yourself the question, in my job would I rather be 1st, 2nd or 3rd placed amongst my work colleagues.................................

Why should a football player be any different:dummytit: