PDA

View Full Version : New Signings

Tricla
29-01-2010, 01:55 PM
Window is nearly over and no news yet.

Can we assume that there will be no new faces or does the Tash have an ace up his sleeve?

Speedway
29-01-2010, 02:00 PM

Can we assume that there will be no new faces or does the Tash have an ace up his sleeve?

The Tash doesn't have an ace up his sleeve, only another 'tash.

If this is like most of the transfer windows we've experienced in the last three years, targeted players are sat tight with whatever offers they've got, waiting to see what happens and will only decide to move, if at all, on deadline day.

I think we'll see Hibs activity on Monday in and out of the club, based on what Hughes has been saying this week, if the deals we put to our transfer targets aren't beaten elsewhere.

I do believe there will be a new RB.

We'll see.

MWHIBBIES
29-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Slyvain wiltord is a free agent.

Get is sorted petrie.

Andy74
29-01-2010, 02:25 PM
I think it could go one of two ways, we either get more players, or alternatively we could get no more.

I'm guessing we won't know until it happens one way or the other.

Speedway
29-01-2010, 02:28 PM
I think it could go one of two ways, we either get more players, or alternatively we could get no more.

Now THAT's insight.

O'Rourke3
29-01-2010, 02:31 PM

Additionally we could lose players but then again we may not :agree:

Andy74
29-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Additionally we could lose players but then again we may not :agree:

Of course, but I was talking about new arrivals.

In terms of losing players my own belief is that it could go one of two ways...

HibeeB
29-01-2010, 02:37 PM
I do believe there will be a new RB

Michael Hart?

Jim44
29-01-2010, 02:46 PM
I think Hughes with the grateful and relieved backing of Petrie will adopt a 'we're doing really well and much better than expected' stance and will battle on with the squad already at his disposal. If that's the case we have to accept it and give him support but I can't help thinking that strengthening an already fairly strong team, although something few clubs do, is psychologically and physically reassuring and a message to other teams that we really mean business. Even a couple of significant contract extensions would consolidate the present Hibby feelgood factor.

IWasThere2016
29-01-2010, 02:47 PM

Do you really have such thoughts! :cool2:

Billychaotic182
29-01-2010, 03:02 PM
I think Byrne Currie and Welsh will go out for a few more months on loan.

Think we will bring in a new RB right on sunday night.... Or monday cant mind if it ends on the 31st or the 1st

My mate who is a pars fan said that Hibs are lookin at Woods and Gibson from them

cwilliamson85
29-01-2010, 04:23 PM
Maybe Yogi is waiting until after the game on Saturday to get deals finalised?

BSEJVT
29-01-2010, 04:25 PM
To be honest it could go any number of ways

Some may come, some may go, most will stay, others I am not so sure about.

Alternatively, no-one may go , but someone may come

or even

Someone may go and no-one might come.

Hope this has clarified matters a bit as I think Andy's post was a bit ambiguous.

:greengrin

GGTTH

Billychaotic182
29-01-2010, 04:29 PM
To be honest it could go any number of ways

Some may come, some may go, most will stay, others I am not so sure about.

Alternatively, no-one may go , but someone may come

or even

Someone may go and no-one might come.

Hope this has clarified matters a bit as I think Andy's post was a bit ambiguous.

:greengrin

GGTTH

:faf::faf:

Dibben
29-01-2010, 05:38 PM

Don't know if he has an ace up his sleeve, but I'm sure they are working hard to bring people in!!

BH.

RickyS
29-01-2010, 09:05 PM
Don't know if he has an ace up his sleeve, but I'm sure they are working hard to bring people in!!

BH.

I think we bid 300k for Arfield on the last day of the window in August? did we no?
Yogi said last week he had a few irons in the fire and it was down to the chairman and Chief Executive now. Rodders will have his poker hat on from now until midnight on the 31st:thumbsup:

Spike Mandela
29-01-2010, 09:07 PM
I think we bid 300k for Arfield on the last day of the window in August? did we no?
Yogi said last week he had a few irons in the fire and it was down to the chairman and Chief Executive now. Rodders will have his poker hat on from now until midnight on the 31st:thumbsup:

5PM on the 1st of Feb actually:wink:

snooky
29-01-2010, 09:11 PM
"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know."

Donald Rumsfeld (aka Andy74) :wink:

RickyS
29-01-2010, 09:12 PM

phone Rod, he might need an extra few beers:thumbsup:

Potty78
29-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Monday midnight in scotland:wink:

Badge
29-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Think it's midnight on the first.

Irish_Steve
29-01-2010, 09:41 PM

So Rodder`s aint a Lady Ga Ga fan then??

Dibben
29-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Think it's midnight on the first.

Pretty sure it's 5pm!!

BH.

iwasthere1972
29-01-2010, 09:46 PM
Pretty sure it's 5pm!!

BH.

Think so too.

May have been extended to midnight a few years ago (weekend) when Hearts brought in 34,203 new players from Eastern Europe just before the window SLAMMED shut.

McIntosh
29-01-2010, 11:57 PM
The Tash doesn't have an ace up his sleeve, only another 'tash.

If this is like most of the transfer windows we've experienced in the last three years, targeted players are sat tight with whatever offers they've got, waiting to see what happens and will only decide to move, if at all, on deadline day.

I think we'll see Hibs activity on Monday in and out of the club, based on what Hughes has been saying this week, if the deals we put to our transfer targets aren't beaten elsewhere.

I do believe there will be a new RB.

We'll see.

:top marksSpeedway as I've said before I am convinced you worked for the KGB. From a number of sources right back is now the top priority.

The club enquired about Greg Halford from Wolves but the player was unwilling to move north on loan. Source the player's girlfriend.

Ps Sheffield United were also in for him, they were also declined.

CallumLaidlaw
30-01-2010, 12:22 AM
Think so too.

May have been extended to midnight a few years ago (weekend) when Hearts brought in 34,203 new players from Eastern Europe just before the window SLAMMED shut.

http://www.paisleydailyexpress.co.uk/renfrewshire-sport/renfrewshire-football/renfrewshire-football-st-mirren/2009/12/24/extra-shopping-time-for-gus-macpherson-87085-25460762/

:thumbsup: