PDA

View Full Version : Stokes v. Boyd v. OF

Nailrod
29-01-2010, 12:03 PM
I see there was a bit of recent chat about Stokesy's scoring record compared with Boyd's. I hope somebody mentioned that he has as many goals (4) against the OF in 8 games as Boyd has managed in 37.

Boyd managed 3 goals against Rangers in 16 games for Killie, while he's scored 1 solitary goal v. Celtic in 12 matches for Killie and 9 for Rangers.

Yep, I think we'll see Stokesy take the SPL scoring record by the time we're ready to sell him on... :agree: :wink:

krobertson12
29-01-2010, 01:11 PM
I see there was a bit of recent chat about Stokesy's scoring record compared with Boyd's. I hope somebody mentioned that he has as many goals (4) against the OF in 8 games as Boyd has managed in 37.

Boyd managed 3 goals against Rangers in 16 games for Killie, while he's scored 1 solitary goal v. Celtic in 12 matches for Killie and 9 for Rangers.

Yep, I think we'll see Stokesy take the SPL scoring record by the time we're ready to sell him on... :agree: :wink:

did he score any against the OF when with falkirk?

Edinburgh Green
29-01-2010, 01:15 PM

I'm sure his record against top 6 sides was pretty poor if remember. He might not have even scored against ant top 6 side while at falkirk.

Sir David Gray
29-01-2010, 01:33 PM
I'm sure his record against top 6 sides was pretty poor if remember. He might not have even scored against ant top 6 side while at falkirk.

Whilst at Falkirk, Stokes scored against St Mirren, Inverness, Dundee Utd, Dunfermline, Celtic (in the League Cup), Kilmarnock and Motherwell.

At the time of the league matches that he scored in for Falkirk, only St Mirren and Inverness were top six sides.

Broken Gnome
29-01-2010, 01:39 PM

Scored against Celtic at Parkhead, the rest were Inverness, Dunfermline, Dundee Utd, Motherwell etc.

He's only failed to score against Dundee Utd this time round though? Can't remember the last time that Hibs have bought such a good goalscorer. Brilliantly done :agree:

NoTottiNoParty
29-01-2010, 01:57 PM
Scored against Celtic at Parkhead, the rest were Inverness, Dunfermline, Dundee Utd, Motherwell etc.

He's only failed to score against Dundee Utd this time round though? Can't remember the last time that Hibs have bought such a good goalscorer. Brilliantly done :agree:

not scored against Falkirk or St Mirren either! hopefully be one less after Saturday!

TRC
29-01-2010, 02:01 PM

Thats cause they missed your great talents when you were a youngster rocky:faf:

Jack
29-01-2010, 02:01 PM

As far as I can see in the 3 SPL games against the OF AS didn't score. One of the other common factors in these games was Falkirk Nil.

Rangers - Falkirk FC 4 : 0
Falkirk FC - Aberdeen FC 0 : 2
Hibernian FC - Falkirk FC 0 : 1
Falkirk FC - Celtic 0 : 1
Falkirk FC - St. Mirren FC 1 : 1 1
Inverness Caledonian Thistle - Falkirk FC 3 : 2 2
Falkirk FC - Dundee United 5 : 1 3
Dunfermline Athletic - Falkirk FC 0 : 3 3
Falkirk FC - Heart of Midlothian FC 1 : 1
Kilmarnock FC - Falkirk FC 2 : 1 1
Motherwell FC - Falkirk FC 4 : 2 1
Falkirk FC - Hibernian FC 2 : 1
Aberdeen FC - Falkirk FC 2 : 1
Celtic - Falkirk FC 1 : 0
St. Mirren FC - Falkirk FC 1 : 0
Falkirk FC - Inverness Caledonian Thistle 3 : 1 3

I cant find the cup games

totalfootball
29-01-2010, 05:18 PM
I'm sure stokes scored against us twice when falkirk came from 2 down and beat us 3-2 aat easter road. Deek had scored 2 beauties first half!

Si_17
29-01-2010, 05:47 PM
I'm sure stokes scored against us twice when falkirk came from 2 down and beat us 3-2 aat easter road. Deek had scored 2 beauties first half!

That was Darryl Duffy.

Nailrod
29-01-2010, 06:13 PM
His record v. OF:

09.09.06 Rangers (SPL)
01.10.06 Celtic (SPL)
07.11.06 Celtic (LC) Goal
23.12.06 Celtic (SPL)

30.08.09 Celtic (SPL)
24.10.09 Rangers (SPL) Goal
27.12.09 Rangers (SPL) Goal
27.01.10 Celtic (SPL) Goal