PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Nicholas

Golden Bear
29-01-2010, 10:09 AM
He really disnae like the mighty hawrts does he?!

Here are a couple of quotes from his column in today's Express:-

"I was floored when I heard Darren Barr had signed a pre-contract with Hearts. He could have gone to a progressive club like Hibs and really kicked on his career. Alternatively he could have gone to Aberdeen who are starting to go places under Mark McGhee. The only reason I can see for Barr's decision is that hearts have offered him more cash. There is no other feasible argument."
AND

"Hughes is doing a great job and if he can keep his top players and add another couple of quality signings in the summer then there is no reason why the Easter Road side can't take the Old Firm all the way next time."

Over the last few months Charlie Farley seems to have become very sympathetic towards the Hibees!

:flag:

JE89
29-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Although he is a fud, he occasionally talks sense. I quite like the guy and he is 100% correct here and reiterating which most folk on here have said. :top marks

Tinyclothes
29-01-2010, 10:24 AM
Narley Chicolas has turned Hibs. He'll be wearing a Hibsbollah top on soccer Saturday tomorrow.

Mikey
29-01-2010, 10:39 AM
Presumably the yams aren't taking his comments so well? :greengrin

matty_f
29-01-2010, 10:53 AM

Don't be daft, Mikey. The Yams are a reasonable bunch and will have taken Nicholas' comments with an objective view, and will appreciate that he's entitled to voice his logical opinion on the matter.

There's no way that they'll be calling him all the names under the sun, while calling for people to boycott the Express, at the same time as having a collective **** at having something to get indignant over.

bingo70
29-01-2010, 10:57 AM
Don't be daft, Mikey. The Yams are a reasonable bunch and will have taken Nicholas' comments with an objective view, and will appreciate that he's entitled to voice his logical opinion on the matter.

There's no way that they'll be calling him all the names under the sun, while calling for people to boycott the Express, at the same time as having a collective **** at having something to get indignant over.

They should all send faxes to the express to use up there ink :agree:

matty_f
29-01-2010, 10:58 AM
They should all send faxes to the express to use up there ink :agree:

:top marks So long as they mind and use black paper.

O'Rourke3
29-01-2010, 10:59 AM
Whether he's talking us up or not he's full of p*sh. Mark McGoo and Yogi have been team mates(think in his second spell at 'Tic), he played at Aberdeen(pretty sure Millar tried to get him for us as well but he went north).

Having a poke at Hearts however is permitted and redeems him a tiny wee bit.

Pretty sure Charlie still wears white socks under his suit.

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-01-2010, 11:06 AM
Charlie Nicholas [Arsenal] or Charlie Nicholas [Arseh*le]. Both are appropriate. I think he is a self-important ex-Celtic phanny, cast in the same mould as Dave Provo or the loathsome Ian Bayernally. More anti-Scottish than Liverpool legend Anal Handsome. He can say that we are the best footballing side in the UK, but his still a tuppeny t*sser in my book.

Mikey
29-01-2010, 11:17 AM
:top marks So long as they mind and use black paper.

Oi, that's racist!

Or is it paperist?

Leithenhibby
29-01-2010, 11:23 AM
Whether he's talking us up or not he's full of p*sh. Mark McGoo and Yogi have been team mates(think in his second spell at 'Tic), he played at Aberdeen(pretty sure Millar tried to get him for us as well but he went north).

And when did everyone stop this!..:greengrin a real blast from the past...

lapsedhibee
29-01-2010, 11:24 AM

They don't seem that bothered. They're more focussed on what the best design for their new New Stand will be. A total current capacity of 17,000 is holding them back but the full monty with hotel and car park at £51m is inappropriate in current conditions, so a modified two-tier design with no hotel etc would be best, at just £15m. No start date fixed yet.

JackRegan
29-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Charlie Nicholas [Arsenal] or Charlie Nicholas [Arseh*le]. Both are appropriate. I think he is a self-important ex-Celtic phanny, cast in the same mould as Dave Provo or the loathsome Ian Bayernally. More anti-Scottish than Liverpool legend Anal Handsome. He can say that we are the best footballing side in the UK, but his still a tuppeny t*sser in my book.

You've got Chick Nick's number there alright.

Oh aye, and never ever get invloved in a business deal with him. :wink:

JackRegan
29-01-2010, 12:59 PM

charlie never wore socks with a suit. :greengrin

O'Rourke3
29-01-2010, 01:04 PM
charlie never wore socks with a suit. :greengrin

In which case he still doesn't - and I'll bet he rolled the sleeves up a la Crocked and Tubby from Maimi Vice. :rolleyes:

JackRegan
29-01-2010, 01:33 PM
In which case he still doesn't - and I'll bet he rolled the sleeves up a la Crocked and Tubby from Maimi Vice. :rolleyes:

the bold Chick woudl always be decked out in clobber from famous Glesga gallus palace outfitters like Lesley G and Gilmores.

Thankfully these places went tits up in the mid 90's, which means thee bold Charlie has to wear much more sobre attire.

Baader
29-01-2010, 01:36 PM
I dinnae actually mind him! Compared to some that work in sports media in Scotland - Twat 'Presto' Preston and Sandy Clark being two cases in point - Charlie Nic is not too bad...

No a patch on Pat Nevin tho!

Mikey
29-01-2010, 01:49 PM
...... New Stand at just £15m.

I saw that. That's just a figure plucked out of the air by Campbell Ogilvie to make sure they know it's out of reach. The new East will come in at under £6m.

Not good enough for them though :wink:

JimBHibees
29-01-2010, 01:56 PM
You've got Chick Nick's number there alright.

Oh aye, and never ever get invloved in a business deal with him. :wink:

Heard he is friendly with not-so friendly types.

JackRegan
29-01-2010, 02:01 PM

He was at one time, especially when he had Nobodies Inn and Cafe Cini.

A truly horrible little man. Lets not forget, this is the guy who has a conviction for assaulting a woman in a chippy.

RoslinInstHibby
29-01-2010, 02:04 PM

how is Lafferty still walking then....:greengrin

KWJ
29-01-2010, 02:09 PM

A truly horrible little man. Lets not forget, this is the guy who has a conviction for assaulting a woman in a chippy.

Seriously? When was that?

SlickShoes
29-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Couldn't care what he says hes a class A fud.

JackRegan
29-01-2010, 02:16 PM
Seriously? When was that?

1983. The woman's name was Lori McLean or something like that, from East Kilbride. she was a Law student.

xyz23jc
29-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Narley Chicolas has turned Hibs. He'll be wearing a Hibsbollah top on soccer Saturday tomorrow.

:thumbsup::hilarious:hilarious:hilarious

xyz23jc
29-01-2010, 05:52 PM
the bold Chick woudl always be decked out in clobber from famous Glesga gallus palace outfitters like Lesley G and Gilmores.

Thankfully these places went tits up in the mid 90's, which means thee bold Charlie has to wear much more sobre attire.

Heard he now shops at Benny Hamish's! :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2010, 05:53 PM
1983. The woman's name was Lori McLean or something like that, from East Kilbride. she was a Law student.

And a celtic fan too. :faf::faf: Yer typical smellie.

Killiehibbie
29-01-2010, 06:06 PM

Tell us how much did you get ripped off for?