PDA

View Full Version : Hibs iphone App/Webapp?

CallumLaidlaw
29-01-2010, 07:07 AM
After spending the last few days playing with my new phone, I was thinking how good it would be to have an app on my phone for the Hibees. And to be honest, I would prefer an unofficial one which kept us up to date with transfer rumours, etc.
I was having a look and it seems as if a webapp is possible to be made, unfortunately, I have no ideas about HTML, etc. Does anyone know how easy this would be to do?

Cocaine&Caviar
29-01-2010, 08:01 AM
You can save HTML pages as favourites as app logos on your menu screen. So you can do this with the .net Message Board, and your within one click of all you need.

Hank Schrader
29-01-2010, 08:04 AM
You can save HTML pages as favourites as app logos on your menu screen. So you can do this with the .net Message Board, and your within one click of all you need.

How do you go about doing that Rhys? Wouldn't mind mine being set up like that.

Cocaine&Caviar
29-01-2010, 08:18 AM
If you go on your standard Safari browser, go on the page you want to create the app icon for. Then click the "+" icon, then select add to home screen. You can name it from here, and whatever you are looking on the screen at that moment in time is the image.

offshorehibby
29-01-2010, 09:08 AM
Sure there is a book on the go that shows how to build apps for the iphone. I'll check with the guy that mentioned it.

CabbageFan
29-01-2010, 10:47 AM
There is a free app called iFooty that you can set up with your team. I think it uses bbc for its input but its quite handy. Ive got mine set up with the mighty Hibs default. :thumbsup:

Andy74
29-01-2010, 10:58 AM
If you go on your standard Safari browser, go on the page you want to create the app icon for. Then click the "+" icon, then select add to home screen. You can name it from here, and whatever you are looking on the screen at that moment in time is the image.

Although that's just adding a bookmark for a web page onto your home screens as opposed to making an app!

God Petrie
29-01-2010, 11:34 AM
An iphone specific template for the forums would be nice to make them easier to browse from the phone. I'm pretty sure you can get themes that detect when the user is browsing from an iphone and serve up the appropriate theme.

Here's an example: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=171947

jpt11
29-01-2010, 11:50 AM
An iphone specific template for the forums would be nice to make them easier to browse from the phone. I'm pretty sure you can get themes that detect when the user is browsing from an iphone and serve up the appropriate theme.

Here's an example: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=171947

What you're looking for is tapatalk! I'm using it just now. Just got it last night and it's the dugs.... :-)
Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

essexhibee
29-01-2010, 11:59 AM
There is a free app called iFooty that you can set up with your team. I think it uses bbc for its input but its quite handy. Ive got mine set up with the mighty Hibs default. :thumbsup:

I use this, its a great choice! Would reccommend this to any mobile hibees. The commentary is good aswell!