PDA

View Full Version : The Black kit

essexhibee
28-01-2010, 07:54 PM
What are everyones thoughts on the black kit we wore last night, do you like it or do you prefer the white away strip? Im guessing we wore the black won as a marketing thing, seen as it is the goalkeeper kit cant think of any other reason not to just wear the white kit?

So, Black kit or white kit, which do you prefer?

I myself prefer the black kit as opposed to the white, im new on here and dont know how to set up a poll so i thought i would find out what us hibees think this way :wink::notworthy:

.Sean.
28-01-2010, 07:55 PM
we're usually pish in it. Quit whilst we're ahead eh :wink:

forthhibby
28-01-2010, 07:56 PM
last time we wore it was against hamilton when we lost i think, i was hoping i'd seen the last of it, but it's sort of growing on me again

Diclonius
I think all of our kits are top notch this season.

Simple yet effective.

CallumHibs07
Prefer the black kit but we never win in it (except at darkheid):greengrin

scoopyboy
28-01-2010, 07:57 PM
What are everyones thoughts on the black kit we wore last night, do you like it or do you prefer the white away strip? Im guessing we wore the black won as a marketing thing, seen as it is the goalkeeper kit cant think of any other reason not to just wear the white kit?

I myself prefer the black kit as opposed to the white, im new on here and dont know how to set up a poll so i thought i would find out what us hibees think this way :wink::notworthy:

We wore the black kit because it was deemed that our two other strips clash with Celtic's home strip.

Similarly we wore it at Hamilton.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2010, 07:58 PM

Prefer the white away kit but it's totally impractical as it clashes with ra sellick more than green. Thats why we had to wear the black kit last night.

Personally i'd like a sensible shade of yellow or a decent purple number as the away kit. Alternatively have a white away kit and then release a 3rd strip for sellick like this season, however to my mind this is ripping the fans off.

CB_NO3
28-01-2010, 08:00 PM
Did we not beat Motherwell away this season in the black strip, or am I triping

Saorsa
28-01-2010, 08:00 PM

I myself prefer the black kit as opposed to the white, im new on here and dont know how to set up a poll so i thought i would find out what us hibees think this way :wink::notworthy:White has always been my favourite but I dinnae mind the black TBH, I also liked the dark green.

I dislike yellae :bitchy: and hate purple :grr:

Ryan91
28-01-2010, 08:01 PM
Prefer the white away kit but it's totally impractical as it clashes with ra sellick more than green. Thats why we had to wear the black kit last night.

Personally i'd like a sensible shade of yellow or a decent purple number as the away kit. Alternatively have a white away kit and then release a 3rd strip for sellick like this season, however to my mind this is ripping the fans off.

are you off you're rocker? Purple? I will admit that i like both white and black, and i feel that we should always have a 3rd strip thats black and the away kit white.

scoopyboy
28-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Did we not beat Motherwell away this season in the black strip, or am I triping

white in that game.

Perspective
28-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Slightly off-topic, but the club shop stock is terrible.

Tried to get a home or away top (strictly for fives duty only to all the fashionistas) for months now but no sign of new supplies in the shop or website,

Alfred E Newman
28-01-2010, 08:09 PM
We should wear the traditional green with white sleeves in all games! Never used to clash with any other strips in the Auld days.

MountcastleHibs
28-01-2010, 08:10 PM
I like all the strips this season. The white one wins it for me though because it just looks smart.

I like the black one, but I'm always scared when we wear it after Hamilton at the start of the season. And the home top is just what you would expect! :thumbsup:

Hibs have got the strips spot on this season :agree:

zlatan
28-01-2010, 08:12 PM
I'd gladly buy any of our kits from this season, what a pity we're doing absolutely heehaw about buying more stock in.

Would still like to see purple back as the away colour though.

Irish_Steve
28-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Check out the official site - cracking pic at the start

The_Todd
28-01-2010, 08:15 PM
are you off you're rocker? Purple? I will admit that i like both white and black, and i feel that we should always have a 3rd strip thats black and the away kit white.

I quite liked our purple away kit...

seanraff07
28-01-2010, 08:21 PM
Prefer the black kit but we never win in it (except at darkheid):greengrin

we've only wore it twice! lost once and won once :rolleyes:
does anyone know why we actually played in the black kit against hamilton?
dont understand why we didnt just wear the home kit :confused:

essexhibee
28-01-2010, 08:27 PM
£42.99 :grr: for the black shirt! My paper round money isnt going to cover that! Football shirts are getting very expensive these days, that price is a joke!

seanraff07
28-01-2010, 08:39 PM
£42.99 :grr: for the black shirt! My paper round money isnt going to cover that! Football shirts are getting very expensive these days, that price is a joke!

its on sale?!
wasnt aware of this, same for me too,
i'll need to get a fair few weeks of wages to be able to go to all the away games and get that top :rolleyes:

weecounty hibby
28-01-2010, 08:39 PM
I think the black kit is the worst strip we have ever had. Just don't see where it came from. Green with white sleeves should be worn in every game. If we need a second strip then white for me. If we must have one to wear against Celtic then make it all dark green. Green and white are our colours and that is what we should stick with.

essexhibee
28-01-2010, 08:43 PM
its on sale?!
wasnt aware of this, same for me too,
i'll need to get a fair few weeks of wages to be able to go to all the away games and get that top :rolleyes:

Unfortuanly its not on sale :bitchy: you can get the whole kids kit for £40 but at 6foot 1 I may be struggling!

I dont know if its my mind playing tricks but i looked at that kit around midnight last night, and i thought the adult top was £34.99, and i looked this morning at its £42.99!!! That could just be me being silly though!:rolleyes:

essexhibee
28-01-2010, 08:46 PM
I think the black kit is the worst strip we have ever had. Just don't see where it came from. Green with white sleeves should be worn in every game. If we need a second strip then white for me. If we must have one to wear against Celtic then make it all dark green. Green and white are our colours and that is what we should stick with.

Its orginally the home goalkeepers kit, as on the website its modelled by our Big Maka. :greengrin We had the all black kit under Collins didnt we? Was that not during the game where David Murphy scored a screamer of the underside of the bar? What a goal that was! :top marks

the_ginger_hibee
28-01-2010, 09:03 PM
It's a total joke a club doesn't have its own home strip in their club shop. In fact it's one of the most daftest things I've ever heard. Went down to get one before yesterdays game, they dont know when or if any stocks coming in :confused:

weecounty hibby
28-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Its orginally the home goalkeepers kit, as on the website its modelled by our Big Maka. :greengrin We had the all black kit under Collins didnt we? Was that not during the game where David Murphy scored a screamer of the underside of the bar? What a goal that was! :top marks

No, you don't get what I'm saying. Why black? Green I understand, white I understand, purple I get as we did it in the 70s as a bit of a protest against censorship of our sponsors logo. But black? Don't get it and I think it is plain ugly for a strip

southfieldshibby
28-01-2010, 09:12 PM
to be fair the games now get sold on the tinternet and our white kit would have been a nightmare against theirs on tinternet resoloution.

actually who really cares??

if we won the SC in bright pink would you really GIF???

weecounty hibby
28-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Wouldn't care if we had to be "skins" as long as we could win the ****in thing!!!!!!!!!!

WestEndHibee
28-01-2010, 09:22 PM

Both the white and green kits will have contrasted equally with the hoops kit. To be honest i prefer the white kit to the other two. Although all three are smart.

renato
28-01-2010, 09:39 PM
Slightly off-topic, but the club shop stock is terrible.

Tried to get a home or away top (strictly for fives duty only to all the fashionistas) for months now but no sign of new supplies in the shop or website,

I'd gladly buy any of our kits from this season, what a pity we're doing absolutely heehaw about buying more stock in.

Would still like to see purple back as the away colour though.

It's a total joke a club doesn't have its own home strip in their club shop. In fact it's one of the most daftest things I've ever heard. Went down to get one before yesterdays game, they dont know when or if any stocks coming in :confused:

:agree:

Tried to get the home strip in Medium back in October, they were out of stock even then!! How long does it take to get a new batch in? Do they not attempt to forecast shirt sales and have contigency plans if demand exceeds supply?

Mon and git it sorted HFC! :greengrin

H18SScottW
28-01-2010, 10:18 PM

Tried to get the home strip in Medium back in October, they were out of stock even then!! How long does it take to get a new batch in? Do they not attempt to forecast shirt sales and have contigency plans if demand exceeds supply?

Mon and git it sorted HFC! :greengrin

Might be worth a wee word with McEwan Fraser?

Can't see the clubs shirt sponsor being too pleased with prospective buyers/wearers/advertisers of an item carrying their logo being deprived of the opportunity.

Is this a problem with LCS's production?

Carheenlea
28-01-2010, 10:37 PM
We were near the front last night, and having almost a "players view", and I found our black kit merged more into the crowd/background while the Celtic strip stood out brightly like a beacon. Yes, we won, but these strips put us at a disadvantage before a ball is even kicked, and makes accurate passing even more difficult at places like Celtic Park. The dark green is no better IMO.

White for 2nd strip and Purple for 3rd.

(bottom line is, the green and white hoops was our strip once as well before they imaginatively opted for green and white hoops. Tell them to bolt next time and find something themselves that does not clash.)

Pretty Boy
28-01-2010, 10:44 PM

Can't see the clubs shirt sponsor being too pleased with prospective buyers/wearers/advertisers of an item carrying their logo being deprived of the opportunity.

Maybe if the rumours about us switching to Adidas next season are true then LCS are phasing Hibs gear out of their production?

No solid info, just a guess.

An Leargaidh
28-01-2010, 10:50 PM
Nearly threw a fit when I heard the "purple" word but then let's not forget the 77/78 alternative kit for televised matches:
[/URL][url]http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Hibernian/hibernian.htm (http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Hibernian/hibernian.htm)
I suppose purple purple at the non-maroon end of purple would be okay, see above link. If I ever get 5 minutes I'll come up with some designs and email them to the Board... "But Mr. Petrie, honest, purple dye is 1p/litre cheaper than green..." :greengrin
Someone above said the black was only available for kids. That is true I think for an entire kit package but you can still buy the individual bits although they are bl**dy expensive. I am well past paper round age but I can't afford them either just now.
http://www.hibsshop.co.uk/list-60-prodlist-246 (http://www.hibsshop.co.uk/list-60-prodlist-246)

In answer to the original question, I much prefer the black to the white. The white is too much like something a ned would wear to his wedding day :rolleyes:

Cammy :bye:

MacBean
29-01-2010, 12:02 AM
is it not just the goalkeeper top Stack seen modelling it at Ibrox??:confused:

sadtom
29-01-2010, 12:28 AM
How about a really dark bottle green body with black sleeves (in the traditional Hibs stylee) and black collar as an away top?

TRC
29-01-2010, 12:42 AM
I do think i read about LCS going into administration, but this was a while ago and can't really remember, but thoughts on IF we split OF rodders will try to re-negotiate things with all sponsers,?? My best strip is the addidas won we won the cup in:greengrin

Golden Bear
29-01-2010, 09:22 AM
We were near the front last night, and having almost a "players view", and I found our black kit merged more into the crowd/background while the Celtic strip stood out brightly like a beacon. Yes, we won, but these strips put us at a disadvantage before a ball is even kicked, and makes accurate passing even more difficult at places like Celtic Park. The dark green is no better IMO.

White for 2nd strip and Purple for 3rd.

(bottom line is, the green and white hoops was our strip once as well before they imaginatively opted for green and white hoops. Tell them to bolt next time and find something themselves that does not clash.)

A very valid point. I thought exactly the same in the away game against Hamilton. There were times that the "wide" Hibs players seemed to merge with the stand - and that was in broad daylight.

Ditch the black I say and roll out the classy white strip at every opportunity.

renato
29-01-2010, 07:25 PM

:agree: don't think MF would be too happy, months and months out of stock (in most sizes)

Maybe if the rumours about us switching to Adidas next season are true then LCS are phasing Hibs gear out of their production?

No solid info, just a guess.

Would be surprised if this is the case, plenty money to be made selling a popular top in the meantime till the contract's up...

An Leargaidh
01-02-2010, 02:06 PM
Following on from the Celtic game where we played in black...

As someone pointed out the black strip, although I think it looks really good, was not that visible against the background of the crowds and was probably not the best for visibility for the players trying to spot each other compared to the likes of the weegie hoops.

Anyway I have a fondness for the 1977/78 alternative strip which was a very "interesting" purple nowhere near the maroon Yams end of the purple spectrum. With this in mind I have designed a proposed 2010/11 away strip.

With reference to the "poor visibility" of the black strip I have come up with my "zebra socks". You couldnae miss them in a snow storm! For the shirt I tried to hint at the traditional white arm of the Hibs shirts but without actualy using a white arm as that would be just the same as the home shirt.

See the piccy at proposed 2010/11 away strip (http://www.flickr.com/photos/corkerhill/4321790389/)

Cammy (waiting for the flack already... :shotdowni )

Hibee_Rab
01-02-2010, 02:19 PM
Following on from the Celtic game where we played in black...

As someone pointed out the black strip, although I think it looks really good, was not that visible against the background of the crowds and was probably not the best for visibility for the players trying to spot each other compared to the likes of the weegie hoops.

Anyway I have a fondness for the 1977/78 alternative strip which was a very "interesting" purple nowhere near the maroon Yams end of the purple spectrum. With this in mind I have designed a proposed 2010/11 away strip.

With reference to the "poor visibility" of the black strip I have come up with my "zebra socks". You couldnae miss them in a snow storm! For the shirt I tried to hint at the traditional white arm of the Hibs shirts but without actualy using a white arm as that would be just the same as the home shirt.

See the piccy at proposed 2010/11 away strip (http://www.flickr.com/photos/corkerhill/4321790389/)

Cammy (waiting for the flack already... :shotdowni )

It looks good apart from the socks, they should just be purple or white. If they were I'd be happy for it to be our away strip.

An Leargaidh
01-02-2010, 02:23 PM
It looks good apart from the socks, they should just be purple or white. If they were I'd be happy for it to be our away strip.

Nae bother mate, re. socks just plain white maybe or a wee vertical side bar of purple?

(heads off to drawing board...)

back in a bit :wink:

An Leargaidh
01-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Hibee_Rab, many thanks for your suggestion re. the socks.

Version 2 available below...

proposed 2010/11 away strip - version 2 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/corkerhill/4321882483/)

Cammy :wink: