PDA

View Full Version : NHC Green and yellow Man U scarves?

Alicky Ranks
28-01-2010, 08:08 PM
I just saw the goals from last night's Carling Cup semi-final on Sky and it seemed a lot of Man U fans were wearing Norwich City scarves. Anyone know why?

PISTOL1875
28-01-2010, 08:09 PM
I just saw the goals from last night's Carling Cup semi-final on Sky and it seemed a lot of Man U fans were wearing Norwich City scarves. Anyone know why?

Those are the monkeys who are opposed to the Glaziers....

The_Todd
28-01-2010, 08:10 PM
The fans are wearing the original colours of Newton Heath (Green and Yellow) as a protest against the Glazers.

brydekirk
that was there colours when they first started:agree:

BroxburnHibee

Original colours of Newton Heath - who became Man U.

PISTOL1875
28-01-2010, 08:11 PM

They are green and yellow as I'm sure that was the Stretford Buccaners original colours when they were first formed...

HibbyAndy
Norwich city are top of the league :agree:

lEXO
They were Man Utd original colours.I,m sure they had a green and yellow change strip for their centenary year or something

Wotherspiniesta
28-01-2010, 08:12 PM
They are green and yellow as I'm sure that was the Stretford Buccaners original colours when they were first formed...

Did you show them your Hibs scarf? :greengrin

joe breezy
28-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Those are the monkeys who are opposed to the Glaziers....

Yeah those crazy monkeys they're opposed to a family that put the club in over £600million in debt crazy huh

If course they should act like Jambos and lap it all up

PISTOL1875
28-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Yeah those crazy monkeys they're opposed to a family that put the club in over £600million in debt crazy huh

If course they should act like Jambos and lap it all up

£700 million... Here's hoping they bankrupt them.....

joe breezy
28-01-2010, 08:15 PM

FC United of Manchester's crowds will go up anyway

Love the Green
28-01-2010, 08:15 PM
I just saw the goals from last night's Carling Cup semi-final on S"ky and it seemed a lot of Man U fans were wearing Norwich City scarves. Anyone know why?

Cause they are fannies like their manager and players.

"keep the faith":wink:

PISTOL1875
28-01-2010, 08:16 PM
FC United of Manchester's crowds will go up anyway

Probably will yeah.. So will the attendences of teams that play in London...

Makalambay
28-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Green and gold until the club is sold.

Expect this campaign to grow, wouldnt be surprised if by the end of the season most of the red white and black is replaced by a sea of green and gold.

joe breezy
28-01-2010, 08:23 PM

Very good

jabis
28-01-2010, 08:26 PM
Norwich city are top of the league :agree:

Obviously Shaun Lawson in disguise !

LTYF :greengrin

PISTOL1875
28-01-2010, 08:31 PM
Cause they are fannies like their manager and players.

"keep the faith":wink:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks

HibbyAndy
28-01-2010, 08:33 PM
Obviously Shaun Lawson in disguise !

LTYF :greengrin

:greengrin

Nah just got a wee soft spot for Norwich, Ruel fox, Robert Fleck (:jamboak:) etc:thumbsup:

BigKev
28-01-2010, 08:41 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks

Still hurting then :greengrin

PISTOL1875
28-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Still hurting then :greengrin

Gutted mate.. I was at the match and when Rooney scored the 3rd , my mate text me that Hibs had beat Celtic and I wasn't even that bothered about it... It was a disaster ....

Woody1985
28-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Gutted mate.. I was at the match and when Rooney scored the 3rd , my mate text me that Hibs had beat Celtic and I wasn't even that bothered about it... It was a disaster ....

It was ****in brilliant.

Watching the Hibs game and then watching Man U beat City. Just wish it was Fletcher that scored the goal just before it.

GIRUY. :greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
28-01-2010, 08:56 PM

:bitchy:

HibbyAndy
28-01-2010, 08:57 PM

Nae other team comes close to Hibernian for me, if my mate text me we had just beaten celtc at darkheid in the last minute id be going ape *****.

blackpoolhibs
28-01-2010, 08:58 PM

Or even edinburgh. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
28-01-2010, 08:59 PM

So Hibs are your 2nd team then.:confused:

--------
28-01-2010, 09:00 PM
They were Man Utd original colours.I,m sure they had a green and yellow change strip for their centenary year or something

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Manchester_United/Manchester_United-change-kits.html (http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Manchester_United/Manchester_United-change-kits.html)

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Manchester_United/images/manchester_united_1992-1994-third.gif

:agree: Away kit 1992-1994. Goes back to original colours of Newton Heath FC.

PISTOL1875
28-01-2010, 09:01 PM
So Hibs are your 2nd team then.:confused:

1st team mate ?? Why do you ask that ??? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

blackpoolhibs
28-01-2010, 09:02 PM
1st team mate ?? Why do you ask that ??? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Just your reply that you were not that bothered we had just won at parkhead.:confused:

HibbyAndy
28-01-2010, 09:03 PM

Cause you didnt give a ***** when a text came through hibs had beaten Celtc as you were to gutted at City getting beat?

--------
28-01-2010, 09:04 PM

Right. Priorities crystal clear. You're actually a Manchester City fan who posts on a Hibs board.... :bitchy:

Woody1985
28-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Right. Priorities crystal clear. You're actually a Manchester City fan who posts on a Hibs board.... :bitchy:

:agree:

PISTOL1875
28-01-2010, 09:12 PM
Cause you didnt give a ***** when a text came through hibs had beaten Celtc as you were to gutted at City getting beat?

Hardly pal.. I just seen City lose the chance to go to Wembley mate by losing to United in the last minute.....

PISTOL1875
28-01-2010, 09:12 PM

Be quiet...

LamontHFC©
28-01-2010, 09:14 PM

Hang your head in shame.

blackpoolhibs
28-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Hardly pal.. I just seen City lose the chance to go to Wembley mate by losing to United...

So what, you are a hibs fan 1st, that should be far more important than any English clubs result. When i lived in London, i'd go and see Tottenham if i was not playing, but the Hibs result was the one i needed to find out at h/t and f/t before i could even think about what i'd just watched.

HibbyAndy
28-01-2010, 09:18 PM
So what, you are a hibs fan 1st, that should be far more important than any English clubs result. When i lived in London, i'd go and see Tottenham if i was not playing, but the Hibs result was the one i needed to find out at h/t and f/t before i could even think about what i'd just watched.

Shuda made the short trip tae Islington tae watch the Red Hibs :thumbsup::thumbsup:

PISTOL1875
28-01-2010, 09:20 PM

Of course I am Gary.. I live in Edinburgh.. I was at the City game and was gutted we had lost in the way we did.. What's the big deal about not being worried about Hibs for 5 minutes ????

Removed
28-01-2010, 09:22 PM
What's the big deal about not being worried about Hibs for 5 minutes ????

I would be embarrased to have posted that. Are you not? :confused:

blackpoolhibs
28-01-2010, 09:24 PM
Of course I am Gary.. I live in Edinburgh.. I was at the City game and was gutted we had lost in the way we did.. What's the big deal about not being worried about Hibs for 5 minutes ????

Personally i just cant understand how anyone can support two teams, even if they play in different leagues. And i cant understand how after getting the text from your mate, you were not even that bothered that we'd won at parkhead. I just dont understand that?:confused:

HibbyAndy
28-01-2010, 09:24 PM

Mate there's nowt wrong with that atall, but its when you said you got a text and you didnt flinch hibs just beat Celtic at Parkhead, id be going nuts.

PISTOL1875
28-01-2010, 09:26 PM
Mate there's nowt wrong with that atall, but its when you said you got a text and you didnt flinch hibs just beat Celtic at Parkhead, id be going nuts.

Well , not everybody is like you mate .. That ok ???

HibbyAndy
28-01-2010, 09:29 PM
Well , not everybody is like you mate .. That ok ???

:aok:

No having a dig pal..but you can see what folk mean, you were sent a text hibs won at parkheid and you didnt bother as City had lost at old trafford.

Each tae there own, but its Hibs all the way for me, i love watching Arsenal, but its hibs all the way for me.

PISTOL1875
28-01-2010, 09:30 PM
:aok:

No having a dig pal..but you can see what folk mean, you were sent a text hibs won at parkheid and you didnt bother as City had lost at old trafford.

Each tae there own, but its Hibs all the way for me, i love watching Arsenal, but its hibs all the way for me.

I see exactly what they mean but for me the roof had just caved in.. Last minute defeat against United at OT.. For a minute my mind wasn't on Hibs... Bit OTT don't you think ??

Removed
28-01-2010, 09:36 PM
I see exactly what they mean but for me the roof had just caved in.. Last minute defeat against United at OT.. For a minute my mind wasn't on Hibs... Bit OTT don't you think ??

Most of us will never understand. I have one love and that's the Hibs, no team will ever, or could ever, come close. I lived in England for 10 years and I couldn't get the same feeling for any other club no matter how hard I tried. I'm sure 99% on here will feel the same.

Why Man City? Apologies if you have explained elsewhere.

HibbyAndy
28-01-2010, 09:36 PM

No really mate.

If you never got a text,,fair enough, but you did, you got a text telling you hibs had beat celtc at parkhead, we dont do that very often do we, and you couldnt celebrate cause you were gutted at man city losing.

Mate, wherever i am in the world, and i get a text telling me hibs have beat Hamilton at hame or the likes i punch the air bigtime and scream like ****, let alone beat celtc in injury time at parkhead without flinching.

blackpoolhibs
28-01-2010, 09:38 PM
No really mate.

If you never got a text,,fair enough, but you did, you got a text telling you hibs had beat celtc at parkhead, we dont do that very often do we, and you couldnt celebrate cause you were gutted at man city losing.

Mate, wherever i am in the world, and i get a text telling me hibs have beat Hamilton at hame or the likes i punch the air bigtime and scream like ****, let alone beat celtc in injury time at parkhead without flinching.

Nail hit firmly on head. :agree: :top marks

RickyS
28-01-2010, 09:40 PM
No really mate.

wot he said :agree:

Saorsa
28-01-2010, 09:49 PM
Most of us will never understand. I have one love and that's the Hibs, no team will ever, or could ever, come close. I lived in England for 10 years and I couldn't get the same feeling for any other club no matter how hard I tried. I'm sure 99% on here will feel the same.

Why Man City? Apologies if you have explained elsewhere.:agree:

Hibs, the only club :scarf:

BigKev
28-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Got a bit of explaining to do here Pete mi lad! Understand why you were gutted but the cabbage should always be your first thought.

The 1000 or so of us going banzai at celtc park when the winner went in & full time whistle sounded will stay with me for the rest of my days.

Don't win there too often and you should have been there rather than watching some ***** English mob.

You know Wednesday are top dogs...

HibbyAndy

Hibs, the only club :scarf:

Like to watch the Arsenal now and again but ken where ma breads buttered:cool2:

--------
Be quiet...

What? I should be quiet? Hibs get a result that might just kick-start our season, Yogi's first win over an OF team, confirms us in second place....

And for you the roof had caved in because MANCHESTER CITY had been beaten????

My thoughts entirely. :agree:

Saorsa
28-01-2010, 09:58 PM

Like to watch the Arsenal now and again but ken where ma breads buttered:cool2:I like tae watch decent games of fitba but I dinnae usually give a toss whae wins (unless I have a bet on them :greengrin ) and even then I'm only gutted because I never won any dosh :boo hoo:

But last nights Hibs result made my night as you may tell from post 49 on this thread :greengrin

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?p=2325210#post2325210

persevere1875
28-01-2010, 10:00 PM
No really mate.

Have to say without jumping on the bandwagon, I'm 41 i've lived in England for probably the last 23 of them (except the bits where ive screwed up and ran back home to Leith, as you do ....) Ive followed The Arsenal all the time Ive been here, but first and foremost I'm a Hibby, its in my blood, it always has been, nothing ever has or ever will compare to my love for the Hibs (kids and wife apart and even they have to compete) and no matter where I am or what I'm doing if the Hibs are playing I want to know what the score is..

HibbyAndy
28-01-2010, 10:03 PM
I like tae watch decent games of fitba but I dinnae usually give a toss whae wins (unless I have a bet on them :greengrin ) and even then I'm only gutted because I never won any dosh :boo hoo:

But last nights Hibs result made my night as you may tell from post 49 on this thread :greengrin

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?p=2325210#post2325210

:thumbsup:

Ill send you my weekend tips oan friday:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Had wee winners but nowt major :cool2:

HibbyAndy
28-01-2010, 10:05 PM
Have to say without jumping on the bandwagon, I'm 41 i've lived in England for probably the last 23 of them (except the bits where ive screwed up and ran back home to Leith, as you do ....) Ive followed The Arsenal all the time Ive been here, but first and foremost I'm a Hibby, its in my blood, it always has been, nothing ever has or ever will compare to my love for the Hibs (kids and wife apart and even they have to compete) and no matter where I am or what I'm doing if the Hibs are playing I want to know what the score is..

:top marks:agree:

ALWAYS Hibernian.

PISTOL1875
28-01-2010, 10:08 PM
What? I should be quiet? Hibs get a result that might just kick-start our season, Yogi's first win over an OF team, confirms us in second place....

And for you the roof had caved in because MANCHESTER CITY had been beaten????

My thoughts entirely. :agree:

I understand what you're saying mate...Just give me a break.. I put the point across to Kev the wrong way.. It's my mistake and I accept that fact that people have took the hump to it... I'm a Hibby as much as anyone else on here....

blackpoolhibs
28-01-2010, 10:11 PM
I understand what you're saying mate...Just give me a break.. I put the point across to Kev the wrong way.. It's my mistake and I accept that fact that people have took the hump to it... I'm a Hibby as much as anyone else on here....

:confused: Well i certainly dont know of any Hibs fan who would be more upset that an English team had lost, than excited when he learnt hibs had won at parkhead.:devil:

--------
28-01-2010, 10:14 PM

On the 24th of September 1977 Hibs played St Mirren at ER.

I wasn't there.

For some reason best known to herself my wife required my presence in a small village church in East Lothian. Something about getting married and I had to be there....

I was at the church - I do have a wee sense of proper priorities.

But when we got to the hotel the first free moment I had I found out how the Cabbage had done.

We had won by 2 goals to nil.

This made me very happy, much happier than if we had lost.

Freakin Manchester City? The latest plutocrats of the EPL? You're havin a laugh.

persevere1875
28-01-2010, 10:20 PM

I wasn't there.

For some reason best known to herslef my wife required my presence in a small village church in East Lothian. Something about getting married and I had to be there....

But when we got to the hotel the first free moment I had I found out how the Cabbage had done.

We had won by 2 goals to nil.

This made me very happy, much happier than if we had lost.

Freakin Manchester City? The latest plutocrats of the EPL? You're havin a laugh.

Have been known to borrow the best mans/ grooms/ father of the brides keys at numerous weddings down here and walked out of the meal to check the score, even fell out with my brother who pulled me all the way back home to watch him get married and did it on a Saturday !! and we were only away at Dunfermline.. Divvy.. Not always impressed the wife but hey, you knew what you were marrying....:wink:

BigKev
28-01-2010, 10:23 PM

Which he is by the way guys and a good 'un.

Misguided over his English mob maybe but a good good Hibby nontheless.

Harpandcastle
28-01-2010, 10:36 PM

I can almost hear the violins playing over your sobbing. Very moving indeed.

--------
28-01-2010, 10:38 PM
I can almost hear the violins playing over your sobbing. Very moving indeed.

Last-minute victory over Celtic at Parkhead trumps any English result - and then some.

Harpandcastle
28-01-2010, 10:44 PM
Last-minute victory over Celtic at Parkhead trumps any English result - and then some.

You don't have to tell me that, I was 100% behind United, however the result from parkhead had ensured a good evening regardless.

Sir David Gray
28-01-2010, 11:01 PM

Someone's hurting I see. :greengrin

Did you enjoy your trip to The Theatre of Dreams last night? :thumbsup:

34 years and still counting. :faf:

Nae luck Garry Cook, no Wembley for you this year. :bye:

I don't know why it should be such a disaster, as Sir Alex said himself in his post match interview, it's not as if derby defeats are exactly a rarity for City. :greengrin

You don't have to tell me that, I was 100% behind United, however the result from parkhead had ensured a good evening regardless.

:agree: Like you, I wanted United to win and for a brief moment on my way back to the car last night, I had heard that they had lost, it was slightly disappointing but it took absolutely no shine off of the sheer pride and elation that I had felt at full time as we sang our hearts out at Parkhead.

When I heard that United had actually won it just added to what was already an absolutely outstanding night for me.

PISTOL1875
28-01-2010, 11:05 PM

I don't know why it should be such a disaster, as Sir Alex said himself in his post match interview, it's not as if derby defeats are exactly a rarity for City. :greengrin

:agree: Like you, I wanted United to win and for a brief moment on my way back to the car last night, I had heard that they had lost, it was slightly disappointing but it took absolutely no shine off of the sheer pride and elation that I had felt at full time as we sang our hearts out at Parkhead.

When I heard that United had actually won it just added to what was already an absolutely outstanding night for me.

FA Cup mate ???

Removed
28-01-2010, 11:14 PM

I wasn't there.

For some reason best known to herself my wife required my presence in a small village church in East Lothian. Something about getting married and I had to be there....

Saturday 26 August 1995 - first game of the new season, the Hibees away at Firhill. I was there................I arranged my wedding for the Sunday :thumbsup:

I got my priorities right :greengrin

Sir David Gray
28-01-2010, 11:15 PM
FA Cup mate ???

Aye that's true.

Although remember that getting to Wembley for the semis doesn't count, it has to be the final. :wink:

PISTOL1875
28-01-2010, 11:18 PM
Aye that's true.

Although remember that getting to Wembley for the semis doesn't count, it has to be the final. :wink:

Defo mate.. I believe that Semi's should be played away from the National Stadium.. The Final is the only match that should be at the National Stadium...

Woody1985
28-01-2010, 11:19 PM
FA Cup mate ???

FWIW, I quite like that City are shaking things up but some are starting to sound like yams with this over confidence and proclamation that they're going to win everything.

PISTOL1875
28-01-2010, 11:22 PM
FWIW, I quite like that City are shaking things up but some are starting to sound like yams with this over confidence and proclamation that they're going to win everything.

The difference is mate , The Yams went on about this , that and the next thing without any substance or cash..

City have the cash to back up the talk...

Sir David Gray
28-01-2010, 11:30 PM
Defo mate.. I believe that Semi's should be played away from the National Stadium.. The Final is the only match that should be at the National Stadium...

:agree: Yup.

It should be the same up here with Hampden, even although getting to play at Hampden isn't exactly a fantastic reward.

By the way, well done for not biting in response to my wind up attempts in my first post. :greengrin

PISTOL1875
28-01-2010, 11:34 PM
:agree: Yup.

It should be the same up here with Hampden, even although getting to play at Hampden isn't exactly a fantastic reward.

By the way, well done for not biting in response to my wind up attempts in my first post. :greengrin

Hampden is crap.. If you're a fan sitting behind the goals , you need to be at least about 15 rows up to see the match.. They out the big screen's in but it's not the same is it ??

All joking aside mate , Old Trafford is some place... The best Stadium I've ever been too up until now.. Its huge.. What does it take , about 76,000 ?? Have you ever been yourself ???

Tynie01011973
28-01-2010, 11:35 PM

:devil::devil::devil:

Oh and the fact the Jumbos got humped as well :greengrin

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
28-01-2010, 11:35 PM

They have cash but no class. Gutter monkey's the lot of them. :devil:

Woody1985
28-01-2010, 11:37 PM
The difference is mate , The Yams went on about this , that and the next thing without any substance or cash..

They were putting up the cash to begin with until it ran out, I appreciate that won't be the case with the Arabs, until the leave.

Will it not make your victory, if and when you get it, feel a bit hollow? This would be my feeling on the situation. It's a bit like champ man when you cheat, buy all the best players and win the league. Pointless.

Are you not worried that the ST prices will rocket and ruin the fans at the City stadium, which in turn becomes packed with richer fans who don't really care about the game or city. The same thing that Utd are berated for from City fans.

As I say, I'm intrigued and quite excited about how city get on (I was literally stuck to the TV when I thought you were going to get Kaka!), I just wouldn't want to be a fan right now or boast about potential (hollow) success.

Russian Hibs Fan
28-01-2010, 11:46 PM
I was the other one who looked at the EPL, but just because the SPL are not on Russian TV this year and the English premiership is always on tv. But I watched Everton v Sunderland, was very glad Everton won and thó news that Hibs made a miracle at Parkhead just doubled the great evening. But of course to watch the game on tv or at the stadium is never compare to follow the result in internet. I think the guy nearly forgotten about Hibs for a minute just because he was in the middle of the action at OT, he spent his day and thinking all about the Manc derby so he was very dissappointed, but I am sure at the end of the day he was happy man because of Hibs win.

PISTOL1875
28-01-2010, 11:50 PM
They were putting up the cash to begin with until it ran out, I appreciate that won't be the case with the Arabs, until the leave.

Will it not make your victory, if and when you get it, feel a bit hollow? This would be my feeling on the situation. It's a bit like champ man when you cheat, buy all the best players and win the league. Pointless.

Are you not worried that the ST prices will rocket and ruin the fans at the City stadium, which in turn becomes packed with richer fans who don't really care about the game or city. The same thing that Utd are berated for from City fans.

As I say, I'm intrigued and quite excited about how city get on (I was literally stuck to the TV when I thought you were going to get Kaka!), I just wouldn't want to be a fan right now or boast about potential (hollow) success.

That's what football is all about.. Getting the best players into your side and winning.. What would the point be in having large amounts of cash and not spending it ??

If City won the league , either this season or next season , I wouldn't give a monkeys how they done it..

As for the ST question , that is a worry that I have yeah... Getting the best players would of course be brilliant , BUT only one person will to fund that.. That person being the fans...

Russian Hibs Fan
28-01-2010, 11:54 PM
That's what football is all about.. Getting the best players into your side and winning.. What would the point be in having large amounts of cash and not spending it ??

If City won the league , either this season or next season , I wouldn't give a monkeys how they done it..

As for the ST question , that is a worry that I have yeah... Getting the best players would of course be brilliant , BUT only one person will to fund that.. That person being the fans...

Personally i dissagree. As a neutral I always prefered Cuty to United but after the Sheikh took the City I cant say I wish City a luck. This the wrong way which Chelski had in the 2004/2005. Have loads of money, buy the best players, waste about 300 millions pounds (!) and win trophies. Everton or Aston Villa way is much closer to me. They are trying to play football and havent looked like the World Selection.

hibeeleicester
28-01-2010, 11:55 PM
Man utd , man city , leicester , barrow , afc wimbledon

who gives a ****!

Mon the hibees!!!!!!!:notworthy:

--------
29-01-2010, 12:50 AM
Saturday 26 August 1995 - first game of the new season, the Hibees away at Firhill. I was there................I arranged my wedding for the Sunday :thumbsup:

I got my priorities right :greengrin

You don't know She Who Must Be Obeyed. :halowitch:

My priority was to survive in a state to get to future games - at that time Easter Road's disabled facilities were virtually non-existent.

Though I take your point.

There are, however, some forces in nature that mere mortals cannot withstand. SWMBO is one of them. :rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
29-01-2010, 12:56 AM
Hampden is crap.. If you're a fan sitting behind the goals , you need to be at least about 15 rows up to see the match.. They out the big screen's in but it's not the same is it ??

All joking aside mate , Old Trafford is some place... The best Stadium I've ever been too up until now.. Its huge.. What does it take , about 76,000 ?? Have you ever been yourself ???

I've been once, for a tour, about six years ago before the latest redevelopment. It was absolutely amazing to be inside a stadium like that, and that was when it was empty, it must be pretty special when it holds big matches such as last night.

I also visited the club store when I was down in Bolton and Blackburn last summer for the pre-season games. I also drove past the COM stadium as I like going to different grounds, even if I don't actually go in them.

I would like to go to a Man Utd game some time although I'm not as much of a fan of them as you obviously are of Man City. I actually probably exaggerate a little bit as to how much of a Man Utd fan I really am, when I'm on here.

I like to see them win and I always want them to win titles and cups but if they lose, it doesn't really bother me all that much. I get over it pretty quickly.

Hibs are a completely different story!

Greenway
29-01-2010, 07:19 AM
Personally i just cant understand how anyone can support two teams, even if they play in different leagues. And i cant understand how after getting the text from your mate, you were not even that bothered that we'd won at parkhead. I just dont understand that?:confused:

Perhaps he was just wrapped up in the moment of being at such an intense game with so much at stake. Cut the guy some slack, your not a traitor if you stop thinking about Hibs for 5 mins.

OK, if you stop thinking about them for 15mins, then there will be some questions asked. :greengrin

I also don't see why you can't support a 2nd or 3rd side. I like to support Arsenal and Barcelona, as I just love to watch football the way it was meant to be played. I can't see why anyone would have a problem with that. Except ManU fans. :devil::devil:

LancsHibs
29-01-2010, 08:31 AM
Just read this thread and and thought I would add my thoughts as a Hibby who has lived in England for most my life. I go and watch my English team 'cos I love watching football and don't get me wrong I want them to win but nothing comes close to the Hibs and I always wish I was at the Hibs game instead and at the back of my mind i'm wondering how the cabbage are doing!! See no problem with supporting more than I club but you can only have one love, the rest is just titillation:wink:

As for the OP's original subject the green & yellow Man Unt scarfs as a Glazer protest, think its a good way to show your objection to the way your club is being run, as a fan there is little you can do to protest apart from staying away which is counter productive. Maybe the Hertz should do something similar as a Vlad protest, maybe start wearing pink pom-pom's as they were originally a dance hall:jamboak:

khib70
29-01-2010, 09:39 AM
Perhaps he was just wrapped up in the moment of being at such an intense game with so much at stake. Cut the guy some slack, your not a traitor if you stop thinking about Hibs for 5 mins.

OK, if you stop thinking about them for 15mins, then there will be some questions asked. :greengrin

I also don't see why you can't support a 2nd or 3rd side. I like to support Arsenal and Barcelona, as I just love to watch football the way it was meant to be played. I can't see why anyone would have a problem with that. Except ManU fans. :devil::devil:
Ah, common sense at last. I was jumping about when the Hibs result came through, regardless of the City result, but each to their own. Hibs are always no1 for me, but I also support City, and watch them several times a season, and I've no intention of apologising to any self appointed arbiter of fan purity.

In the atmosphere of that derby, you can hardly blame someone for shifting their focus momentarily.

Always hurts losing to that mob in injury time - but hey, big team, big cup.

WellingtonHibby
29-01-2010, 10:29 AM
Man utd , man city , leicester , barrow , afc wimbledon

who gives a ****!

Mon the hibees!!!!!!!:notworthy:

Back to the point, if i recall, alan lugton mentions in one of his books that newton heath took the green of thier strips from hibs, as we used to tour down there, playing other catholic teams and raising funds for them? Can anyone confirm? A tour guide at old trafford also mentioned something similar to me...?
B

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2010, 11:44 AM

I'm sorry but i just cant understand it one bit. I support hibs, i may go to other games, but when there I'm always comparing it to hibs. None of the teams i have been to watch come remotely close to what i feel for hibs, and i know for a fact if i had been to old trafford on Wednesday, and i could have gone, my mate has a box but is in Lanzarote, and offered the box to me and a few others, even if I'd gone I'd have been worrying all night about how we were getting on.

And if i'd received a text right after the match telling me we'd won, I'd have been delirious. There is no scenario in the world, other than a death to one of my family that would change that.

Andy74
29-01-2010, 11:54 AM

Obviously not! :confused:

PISTOL1875
29-01-2010, 11:56 AM
I'm sorry but i just cant understand it one bit. I support hibs, i may go to other games, but when there I'm always comparing it to hibs. None of the teams i have been to watch come remotely close to what i feel for hibs, and i know for a fact if i had been to old trafford on Wednesday, and i could have gone, my mate has a box but is in Lanzarote, and offered the box to me and a few others, even if I'd gone I'd have been worrying all night about how we were getting on.

And if i'd received a text right after the match telling me we'd won, I'd have been delirious. There is no scenario in the world, other than a death to one of my family that would change that.

You say you don't understand but thats because you are thinking from a neutral's point of view.. I am there as a City fan , wanting City to win against our bitter rivals... We had lost the match in the last minute against United and Hibs weren't on my mind at that split second..

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2010, 12:04 PM
You say you don't understand but thats because you are thinking from a neutral's point of view.. I am there as a City fan , wanting City to win against our bitter rivals... We had lost the match in the last minute against United and Hibs weren't on my mind at that split second.. Whats the big deal ???

This was your original quote.

For me, that showed where your priorities were. Just something i cant understand. I only support one club, i cant understand how anyone can support two clubs, never mind one from another country so much, that a defeat for them, was more important than a win for Hibs, even for a split second. It just wouldnt happen.:confused:

PISTOL1875
29-01-2010, 12:13 PM
This was your original quote.

For me, that showed where your priorities were. Just something i cant understand. I only support one club, i cant understand how anyone can support two clubs, never mind one from another country so much, that a defeat for them, was more important than a win for Hibs, even for a split second. It just wouldnt happen.:confused:

You only support one club.. I support 2.. That is why you will never be able to understand where I am coming from...

You're argument is based on evidence that is purely circumstantial.. Its clear that you have no knowledge of being in that type of position do you ??

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2010, 12:17 PM
You only support one club.. I support 2.. That is why you will never be able to understand where I am coming from...

You're argument is based on evidence that is purely circumstantial.. Its clear that you have no knowledge of being in that type of position do you ??

You are right, and there are more like you who support more than one club. Can you explain to me how it works, and how you can support two clubs, it just seems alien to me?:confused:

PISTOL1875
29-01-2010, 12:29 PM
You are right, and there are more like you who support more than one club. Can you explain to me how it works, and how you can support two clubs, it just seems alien to me?:confused:

You're right..

Falkirk supports United , Meeko supports Arsenal.. There are guys who support Spurs , Villa , Chelsea etc. They are all guys who are on this site who support Hibs and an English Club...

Its quite simple.. English football was on the box when I was growing up.. Its a better standard that our game so you latch onto it with it being on so much.. Its quite easy to start following a certain club and wanting them to win every week...

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2010, 12:34 PM
You're right..

Falkirk supports United , Meeko supports Arsenal.. There are guys who support Spurs , Villa , Chelsea etc. They are all guys who are on this site who support Hibs and an English Club...

Its quite simple.. English football was on the box when I was growing up.. Its a better standard that our game so you latch onto it with it being on so much.. Its quite easy to start following a certain club and wanting them to win every week...

I watch English football every week, i used to go to Tottenham a lot, you could say I'm a supporter or was a supporter. Never, repeat never did i feel that bad about a defeat though, that i was not even bothered about a Hibs win. Thats the thing i cant understand. You will have to explain that one to me, its just unthinkable in my eyes.

Wotherspiniesta
29-01-2010, 12:35 PM

I'm a Hibs fan. ( I am fanatical about Hibs)

I'm a Man United supporter.

I was over the moon at both results on Wednesday, but had it been a little different and Tevez scored a winner in the last minute, it would hurt for about a minute. When Hibs get beat it hurts until their next game.

Thanks to Rooney for making my night an even better one, but thanks more so to Galbraith for making my night a brilliant one :thumbsup:

PISTOL1875
29-01-2010, 12:42 PM
I'm a Hibs fan. ( I am fanatical about Hibs)

I'm a Man United supporter.

I was over the moon at both results on Wednesday, but had it been a little different and Tevez scored a winner in the last minute, it would hurt for about a minute. When Hibs get beat it hurts until their next game.

Thanks to Rooney for making my night an even better one, but thanks more so to Galbraith for making my night a brilliant one :thumbsup:

Thank you very much.. Somebody who understands where I am coming and somebody who could've felt the same as I was feeling the other night..

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2010, 12:42 PM
And another thing, Hibs are playing on the same night as the other team you support, although you say Hibs are your first team. You decide to travel 200 miles to see Man city. No other team in the world would get me to do that. Hibs were 2nd choice on Wednesday, they are never 2nd choice for me.

Wotherspiniesta
29-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Thank you very much.. Somebody who understands where I am coming and somebody who could've felt the same as I was feeling the other night..

I'm not agreeing with you actually. If I had been told about the Hibs score I would have been over the moon regardless.

PISTOL1875
29-01-2010, 12:49 PM
And another thing, Hibs are playing on the same night as the other team you support, although you say Hibs are your first team. You decide to travel 200 miles to see Man city. No other team in the world would get me to do that. Hibs were 2nd choice on Wednesday, they are never 2nd choice for me.

What was the reason that the City game was on the same night as the Hibs match ???

PISTOL1875
29-01-2010, 12:49 PM
I'm not agreeing with you actually. If I had been told about the Hibs score I would have been over the moon regardless.

I'm not saying you're agreeing with me but you do have some sort of idea what I am talking about...

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2010, 12:50 PM
What was the reason that the City game was on the same night as the Hibs match ???

I have no idea, nor do i care. :confused:

PISTOL1875
29-01-2010, 12:54 PM
I have no idea, nor do i care. :confused:

Once again , you have no idea.. The game was played the other due to the fact it was cancelled previously because of the weather.. The second leg was meant to be last Wednesday...

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Once again , you have no idea.. The game was played the other due to the fact it was cancelled previously because of the weather.. The second leg was meant to be last Wednesday...

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

What difference does that make. For someone who said Hibs are your No1 team. You then decided you would go and watch Man City on the same night Hibs were playing. Hibs came 2nd to Man City on Wednesday. A scenario that would never happen in my house.

Wotherspiniesta
29-01-2010, 12:58 PM
I'm not saying you're agreeing with me but you do have some sort of idea what I am talking about...

With regards to supporting an English team, yes. As regards to not caring about the Hibs result, no. Seriously though, If Hibs were playing Man City in a champions league final, who would you want to win? :cool2:

PISTOL1875
29-01-2010, 12:59 PM
With regards to supporting an English team, yes. As regards to not caring about the Hibs result, no. Seriously though, If Hibs were playing Man City in a champions league final, who would you want to win? :cool2:

Hibs first and foremost....

Wotherspiniesta
29-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Hibs first and foremost....

Would you be a little disappointed though?

PISTOL1875
29-01-2010, 01:07 PM
What difference does that make. For someone who said Hibs are your No1 team. You then decided you would go and watch Man City on the same night Hibs were playing. Hibs came 2nd to Man City on Wednesday. A scenario that would never happen in my house.

What difference does it make ??

Well lets see now ::

Match Ticket £42.. non- refundable..
Train Ticket £33.. non-refundable..
Hotel Room £32.. non-refundable..

A combined total of £107.. I'll just chuck that down the toilet because BlackpoolHIbs doesn't like the fact I went to see City instead of Hibs..

Another thing , if I DID got to Celtic Park, the ticket would cost about £25?? Add on Petrol which is another £15 so in total that would be £147..

I have that amount of money lying about down the seat of my couch you know...

Andy74
29-01-2010, 01:10 PM

A combined total of £107.. I'll just chuck that down the toilet because BlackpoolHIbs doesn't like the fact I went to see City instead of Hibs..

Another thing , if I DID got to Celtic Park, the ticket would cost about £25?? Add on Petrol which is another £15 so in total that would be £147..

Ach, we all go to other games once in a while, BUT saying you weren't bothered about Hibs winning at Parkead for the first time in 5yrs, to go into third place and only two points behind second, just because Man city got beat, nah, that's not normal if Hibs are your team.

hibeeleicester
29-01-2010, 01:22 PM
okay, heres the scene.

Last minute of the champions league final , man city 1 v 1 hibs.

Firstly what end would you be in?

Secondly we score in the last minute, would you feel any disappointment?

Liberal Hibby
29-01-2010, 01:26 PM

What he said...

PISTOL1875
29-01-2010, 01:27 PM
okay, heres the scene.

Last minute of the champions league final , man city 1 v 1 hibs.

Firstly what end would you be in?

Secondly we score in the last minute, would you feel any disappointment?

Hibs end.. First and foremost...

Don't know mate about feeling any disappointment.. The day after it happens I will let you know...

Andy74
29-01-2010, 01:31 PM
Don't know mate about feeling any disappointment.. The day after it happens I will let you know...

Bizarre :confused:

PISTOL1875
29-01-2010, 01:32 PM
Bizarre :confused:

How am I meant to comment on something that might happen ???

You're bizzare pal...

Andy74
29-01-2010, 01:35 PM
How am I meant to comment on something that might happen ???

The fact you can't comment on it now is bizarre. You can't say whether you'd be disappoined if Hibs beat Man City in the Champions League Final?

Let me give you the instant answer that any Hibs fan would say:

No, I would not be disappointed, I'd be ****ing delerious.

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2010, 01:37 PM

Was the train ticket and hotel room money lost from the week before? Plus you knew Hibs were playing the same night, when the first match was postponed. I personally don't give a toss whether you go and see Man City or Hibs. What i have said is i cant understand your statement in the original post, as andy74 said, its just not normal if Hibs are your 1st team.

ArabHibee
29-01-2010, 01:40 PM

I'm saying nothing! :whistle:

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2010, 01:44 PM
The fact you can't comment on it now is bizarre. You can't say whether you'd be disappoined if Hibs beat Man City in the Champions League Final?

Let me give you the instant answer that any Hibs fan would say:

No, I would not be disappointed, I'd be ****ing delerious.

:agree: :top marks

Removed
29-01-2010, 01:49 PM
I'm saying nothing! :whistle:

Well that's a first for :hnet:

Folks mark this day down in the record books :greengrin

Bristolhibby
29-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Ach, we all go to other games once in a while, BUT saying you weren't bothered about Hibs winning at Parkead for the first time in 5yrs, to go into third place and only two points behind second, just because Man city got beat, nah, that's not normal if Hibs are your team.

Agree with this quote.

To use an analogy, I guess Pistol1975 is saying he is in a Polygamous marrige (more than one wife (in his case 2)). To us in the West this makes no sense. However in some African and Arab cultures this works and is perfectly normal. Now of course Pistol1875 may well have his favourite wife, but the whole relationship works well and all parties are happy.

Now most of us will be in a traditional western marrige with one wife (Hibs)that we love and care for and have a family that we also love dearly.

Both are marriges and both work well.

Now I for one cannot comprehend how a polygamous marrige works. I could never love another team as much as I love Hibs. But I guess the moral of this story is that some people can love two teams.

J