PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Heard some news!!!!!!!!

thefifer1959
28-01-2010, 07:03 PM
hI again (Hibee supporter and this is my 2nd post on .net Sorry)

Heard a little titbit on Monday that Mowbrey has been at celtic board twice now asking to resign (reliable source) Celtic board refused telling him to give it a chance. Pressure or not as good as he thinks? didnt take him long to jump ship at Hibs so whats new.

the posts regarding the Hibs stars also heard that Bamba has had offers from down south and they big clubs whats the betting he leaves in the summer?
I give 100/1 on

PLEASE DONT ALL GLAMMER TO REPLY ONCE ONE AT A TIME PLEASE.

By the way all my info is correct

Dunbar Hibee
28-01-2010, 07:05 PM

Heard a little titbit on Monday that Mowbrey has been at celtic board twice now asking to resign (reliable source) Celtic board refused telling him to give it a chance. Pressure or not as good as he thinks? didnt take him long to jump ship at Hibs so whats new.

the posts regarding the Hibs stars also heard that Bamba has had offers from down south and they big clubs whats the betting he leaves in the summer?
I give 100/1 on

PLEASE DONT ALL GLAMMER TO REPLY ONE AT A TIME PLEASE.

:hilarious

HibbyAndy
28-01-2010, 07:06 PM
Nae snippits about new players coming in?

thefifer1959
28-01-2010, 07:10 PM
HibbyAndy If I hear any thing I will lett you know 1ST before any one else PROMISE

HibbyAndy
28-01-2010, 07:12 PM
HibbyAndy If I hear any thing I will lett you know 1ST before any one else PROMISE

:aok:

Good man.

The Voice Of Reason
28-01-2010, 07:14 PM

We are extremely lucky to have someone on here who is privvy to such exclusive/secret information.

Thank you sir. :agree: :agree:

HibbyAndy
28-01-2010, 07:15 PM
We are extremely lucky to have someone on here who is privvy to such exclusive/secret information.

Thank you sir. :agree: :agree:

:agree:

KerPlunk
28-01-2010, 07:16 PM

I give 100/1 on

Gadzooks, youngfellamelad, for a Tim I'd have thought you'd have learned how to spell your manager's name by now.

And the Celtc board told Mowbrey(sic) to "give it a chance" ? I'd have thought they'd have said "Sorry Tone, but we're paying you a good wedge, we have a contract, ****in' get on with it." :greengrin

Must try harder. :devil:

weonlywon6-2
28-01-2010, 07:17 PM

I give 100/1 on

heard similar story but it was from a rangers fan !

he has lost a few of his players in the dressing room , scott macdonald being one - his days are numbered me thinks

Dunbar Hibee
28-01-2010, 07:23 PM

he has lost a few of his players in the dressing room , scott macdonald being one - his days are numbered me thinks

Linked with West Ham :bitchy:

HibbyAndy
28-01-2010, 07:24 PM

Who Mowbray's or the wee Ozzie?:greengrin

West Ham rumoured to be ready to put a bid in for Mcdonald, i actually rate Mcdonald, if Celtc let him go in the windae they can kiss any chance they had to win the title, and 2nd place :devil:

HibbyAndy
28-01-2010, 07:25 PM
Linked with West Ham :bitchy:

West ham could dae a lot worse :agree:

Dunbar Hibee
28-01-2010, 07:30 PM
West ham could dae a lot worse :agree:

As a Hammer i would not be pleased if that happend...all that money and we want to buy him..

HibbyAndy
28-01-2010, 07:32 PM
As a Hammer i would not be pleased if that happend...all that money and we want to buy him..

Natural goalscorer, West Ham struggling bigtime to stay in the top league, he'd be a good foil for Carlton Cole.

The_Todd
28-01-2010, 07:46 PM

But the 'ammers don't have "all that money", the books are still a mess new owners or not.

The_Todd
28-01-2010, 07:49 PM

I suppose it makes a change from "endof" :cool2:

andyhibs
28-01-2010, 08:06 PM

I give 100/1 on

surprised im first here SOARCE:wink:

Dunbar Hibee
28-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Natural goalscorer, West Ham struggling bigtime to stay in the top league, he'd be a good foil for Carlton Cole.

Natural goalscorer in the SPL, Andy.:wink:

HibbyAndy
28-01-2010, 08:13 PM

True :greengrin

Callum_62
28-01-2010, 08:16 PM

Re the Mowbray thing....Keerydale St probably the source...its on the post match thread.

Hibbyradge
28-01-2010, 08:16 PM

Jeez, I'm jealous.

Bloody cliques! :grr:

MSK
28-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Jeez, I'm jealous.

Bloody cliques! :grr:Ah wanna be second then !!!! :grr:

HibbyAndy
28-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Jeez, I'm jealous.

Bloody cliques! :grr:

Ah wanna be second then !!!! :grr:

Just had a PM from him and our 'target' in THIS windae certainly would enhance the sqaud IF it were to come to fruition :cool2:

I'm_cabbaged
28-01-2010, 08:24 PM

Just had a PM from him and our 'target' in THIS windae certainly would enhance the sqaud IF it were to come to fruition :cool2:

Spill then.

Edit: By pm if you want and I promise I'll no tell a soul.

HibbyAndy
28-01-2010, 08:26 PM
Spill then.

Cannae say.Apparently it will be in tomorrows paper anyway :rolleyes:

hibeemad
28-01-2010, 09:04 PM
surely you can tell us if its only an hour or so away

HibbyAndy
28-01-2010, 09:06 PM
surely you can tell us if its only an hour or so away

But your from the Paper :greengrin

Want a quik snippit before you print the papers?

hibeemad
28-01-2010, 09:19 PM
But your from the Paper :greengrin

Want a quik snippit before you print the papers?

Am just wanting to know if we have the same info as you b4 we go to print

Cool_Hand_Luke
28-01-2010, 09:22 PM

Tell us what you've heard then :greengrin

jacomo
28-01-2010, 09:28 PM

Have you tried phoning Arsenal to confirm?

hibeemad
28-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Have you tried phoning Arsenal to confirm?

I did mate

Its engaged

blueisthecolour
28-01-2010, 10:16 PM

I give 100/1 on

This story has been going around for weeks mate.

blueisthecolour
28-01-2010, 10:18 PM

SM is the celtic mole, all the storys from inside the dressing room hitting the papers come from him.

HibbyAndy
28-01-2010, 10:20 PM
SM is the celtic mole, all the storys from inside the dressing room hitting the papers come from him.

Aye and you work for the media ? you know jack *****.

blueisthecolour
28-01-2010, 10:24 PM
Aye and you work for the media ? you know jack *****.

This will come out eventually, no need to believe me, but when it comes out remember this post:wink:

Gerard
28-01-2010, 10:29 PM

Is there a press embargo on this story?
G

MrSmith
28-01-2010, 11:30 PM
Intriguing!

silverhibee
28-01-2010, 11:34 PM

11.35 now, surely you can spill the beans shortly as at 12.05 wee will be able to read tomorrows papers. Go on tell us now.:thumbsup::hnet:

Toaods
29-01-2010, 12:17 AM
11.35 now, surely you can spill the beans shortly as at 12.05 wee will be able to read tomorrows papers. Go on tell us now.:thumbsup::hnet:

Winterburn to solve problem left back role

jacomo
29-01-2010, 12:22 AM
Winterburn to solve problem left back role

Left back?

I heard we were making a move for Steve Bould.

Haymaker
29-01-2010, 12:36 AM
nothing released so far about a signing... :I'm waiti

MrSmith
29-01-2010, 07:38 AM
Nothing yet either!!!!

Petrie's Tache
29-01-2010, 11:20 AM
Still nothing!:yawn:

Ell_Chrisso
29-01-2010, 11:22 AM
For whoever knows what, why don't they just spit it out?

I know "this and that" is gonna happen, but can't say.

Sounds like child stuff to me.

persevere1875
29-01-2010, 02:16 PM
For whoever knows what, why don't they just spit it out?

I know "this and that" is gonna happen, but can't say.

Sounds like child stuff to me.

:I'm waiti:duck:

...WentToMowAnSPL
29-01-2010, 02:27 PM
:I'm waiti:I'm waiti:I'm waiti:I'm waiti

aberhibsfc
29-01-2010, 02:47 PM
Exclusive non-content and 3 posts, hmmm...................

Ell_Chrisso
29-01-2010, 05:40 PM

I give 100/1 on

Why didn't you just say Shabby boy was getting the punt? ;)

blueisthecolour
30-01-2010, 06:08 PM

Mark Brown

Petrie's Tache
30-01-2010, 06:18 PM

Pass it on Andy!

judas
30-01-2010, 06:54 PM

I give 100/1 on

Do you have tonights lottery numbers? And next weeks too?

thefifer1959
04-04-2010, 06:58 PM
Well its seems the titbit I heard has come to light, Bye Bye Tony been good cing you squirm.

Now I give 300/1 on, bamba leaving in summer latest Winter, also deeks is going south and we buy a champion league midfielder who is a celtic die hard :faf:

O' and judas sorry m8 if I had them I would be keeping them to myself. ( might buy you a five year plush seat in the directors box)

MSK
04-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Well its seems the titbit I heard has come to light, Bye Bye Tony been good cing you squirm.

Now I give 300/1 on, bamba leaving in summer latest Winter, also deeks is going south and we buy a champion league midfielder who is a celtic die hard :faf:Confused.com ...:confused:

greenlex
04-04-2010, 07:02 PM

Now I give 300/1 on, bamba leaving in summer latest Winter, also deeks is going south and we buy a champion league midfielder who is a celtic die hard :faf:

FFS did you fall into a coma or summit. :faf::faf:

cabbageandribs1875
04-04-2010, 07:05 PM

O' and judas sorry m8 if I had them I would be keeping them to myself. ( might buy you a five year plush seat in the directors box)

leeds :dunno:

Bayern Bru
04-04-2010, 07:06 PM

Remember when someone once asked what Fife's role was, and someone replied 'it's a sort of ghetto for Scotland's halfwits?'

:cool2:

greenlex
04-04-2010, 07:06 PM
leeds :dunno:
Nope Coldstream. :greengrin

MSK
04-04-2010, 07:08 PM
leeds :dunno:Ye couldnae afford Deeks man !!! :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
04-04-2010, 07:13 PM
Nope Coldstream. :greengrin

probably more success the way leeds have self-imploded the last 15 games :boo hoo:

Ye couldnae afford Deeks man !!! :greengrin

simon grayson wanted him but bates wouldn't sanction it, leeds could afford him alright :agree: but bates wants the money going on other projects :grr: but then again. it's not known if bates actually owns leeds(big mystery apparently):greengrin

thefifer1959
04-04-2010, 07:17 PM
Remember when someone once asked what Fife's role was, and someone replied 'it's a sort of ghetto for Scotland's halfwits?'

:cool2:

North Fife is that area m8 especially the St.Andrews area its full of incomers :devil:

Phil D. Rolls
04-04-2010, 07:22 PM
North Fife is that area m8 especially the St.Andrews area its full of incomers :devil:

See the bit of Fife you live in, is it the part that Jeremy Kyle's guests shake their heads at?

I'll give you 300/1 that you live in the Valleyfield, Saline, Oakley, Carnock Triangle. :greengrin

Bayern Bru
04-04-2010, 07:31 PM

Aye. Non-Scottish incomers...
:bye::greengrin

That said, a lot of the real Fifers I've met in St Andrews are halfwits right enough. :greengrin

MSK
04-04-2010, 07:36 PM
See the bit of Fife you live in, is it the part that Jeremy Kyle's guests shake their heads at?

I'll give you 300/1 that you live in the Valleyfield, Saline, Oakley, Carnock Triangle. :greengrinBest places in Fife ...apart fi Glenrothes ...:rolleyes:

IWasThere2016
04-04-2010, 07:56 PM
Jeezo - thiis gi'ing Fife a bad name!

That takes some doin'! :greengrin

MSK
04-04-2010, 07:58 PM
Jeezo - thiis gi'ing Fife a bad name!

That takes some doin'! :greengrinG ..hows oor bet going ..?

IWasThere2016
04-04-2010, 09:26 PM
G ..hows oor bet going ..?

What is the score?

Have to say I didnae expect ma man to be stuck oot on the wing :grr: when the bet was placed!

PETRIE?!? :grr:

sleeping giant
04-04-2010, 09:34 PM

I'll give you 300/1 that you live in the Valleyfield, Saline, Oakley, Carnock Triangle. :greengrin

Ive been in a right dodgy situation in Valleyfield !
Barely escaped with my life ! True story :greengrin

MSK
04-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Barely escaped with my life ! True story :greengrinI can empathise wi you there ..been in a similar situation ..in fact ..more than once !!!! ..scary ****ing mary !!!

easty
04-04-2010, 09:50 PM
probably more success the way leeds have self-imploded the last 15 games :boo hoo:

simon grayson wanted him but bates wouldn't sanction it, leeds could afford him alright :agree: but bates wants the money going on other projects :grr: but then again. it's not known if bates actually owns leeds(big mystery apparently):greengrin

really? I keep hearing Griffiths and Harkins from Dundee being mentioned down here but nowt has been said about Riordan...:confused:

granted most of my mates down here are Bradford fans but I do know quite a few Leeds supporters who i would have thought would have at least asked about any Riordan rumours...

McIntosh
04-04-2010, 11:52 PM
really? I keep hearing Griffiths and Harkins from Dundee being mentioned down here but nowt has been said about Riordan...:confused:

granted most of my mates down here are Bradford fans but I do know quite a few Leeds supporters who i would have thought would have at least asked about any Riordan rumours...

Blackpool, Leeds and Bristol City have made enquires recently and by all accounts he will be leaving in the Summer.

ScottB
05-04-2010, 12:25 AM
Blackpool, Leeds and Bristol City have made enquires recently and by all accounts he will be leaving in the Summer.

Swap him for Ivan...

:devil:

bighairyfaeleith
05-04-2010, 08:02 AM

Why would riordan want to join any of those teams???

Not going to help break into scotland squad, not going to get premiership football, not going to get european football.

Why would he leave?

PaulSmith
05-04-2010, 08:07 AM

Not going to help break into scotland squad, not going to get premiership football, not going to get european football.

Why would he leave?

Bigger wages, away from the goldfish bowl that he finds himself in Edinburgh and the one thing that he would go anywhere for and that is the promise to play as a centre forward..IMO

He's never going to get into Levein's Scotland squad and is no where near EPL standards.

Phil D. Rolls
05-04-2010, 08:23 AM
Barely escaped with my life ! True story :greengrin

So you've been to the doctor's there as well?:greengrin

Keith_M
05-04-2010, 08:36 AM

Paul Lambert? Isn't he a bit old?

seanraff07
05-04-2010, 08:38 AM
Paul Lambert? Isn't he a bit old?

Maybe we already have him, you could class Miller as a Champions League midfielder and a Celtic fan i suppose.:rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2010, 08:43 AM

Why would he leave?

At least if he came to blackpool, he'd be able to relax and concentrate on his football without the draw of pubs and nightclubs to distract him.

Hibby Bairn
05-04-2010, 08:54 AM
Paul Hartley.

bighairyfaeleith
05-04-2010, 08:59 AM
At least if he came to blackpool, he'd be able to relax and concentrate on his football without the draw of pubs and nightclubs to distract him.

aye but would he be free of of a big loud hibby trying to whip him with his towel:greengrin

McIntosh
05-04-2010, 09:14 AM

Why would he leave?

The impression I am left with is that he isn't the person suggesting it at the club.

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2010, 09:59 AM
aye but would he be free of of a big loud hibby trying to whip him with his towel:greengrin

I am big, i would tower over him.:wink:

easty
05-04-2010, 10:51 AM

Well wheres that information coming from? I've heard nowt down here. It's not been in the local paper (yorkshire evening post) and I would have thought they'd be more on the ball if Leeds have made an enquiry...

It's old news, they were after him years ago.

McIntosh
05-04-2010, 04:10 PM
Well wheres that information coming from? I've heard nowt down here. It's not been in the local paper (yorkshire evening post) and I would have thought they'd be more on the ball if Leeds have made an enquiry...

It's old news, they were after him years ago.

My nephew who is at BBC Scotland is a sports journalist, he coincidentally is a Hearts fan! The last enquiry from Leeds was during the last winter break and there has been several enquires over an extended period from various clubs.

As for the deficiencies of the Yorkshire Evening Post I can only assume they were not privy to this information or that Leeds have made multiple enquires either way its not old news but an old story - a player on a clubs radar for a long time. Funny enough not every newspaper has the access they seek or desire.

IWasThere2016
05-04-2010, 04:17 PM
My nephew who is at BBC Scotland is a sports journalist, he coincidentally is a Hearts fan! The last enquiry from Leeds was during the last winter break and there has been several enquires over an extended period from various clubs.

As for the deficiencies of the Yorkshire Evening Times I can only assume they were not privy to this information or that Leeds has been multiple enquires.

I'm not hearing of specific clubs but do expect Deeks to move on.

Phil D. Rolls
05-04-2010, 04:18 PM

As for the deficiencies of the Yorkshire Evening Times I can only assume they were not privy to this information or that Leeds have made multiple enquires either way its not old news but an old story - a player on a clubs radar for a long time. Funny enough not every newspaper has the access they seek or desire.

A pedant writes: I think it's the Evening Post in Leeds mate.

McIntosh
05-04-2010, 04:24 PM
A pedant writes: I think it's the Evening Post in Leeds mate.

Thanks, old habits dies hard as you and I know.

McIntosh
05-04-2010, 04:29 PM
I'm not hearing of specific clubs but do expect Deeks to move on.

I was actually quite surprised to hear this. DR is undoubtedly talented but the impression that I have gained and it is second hand impression is that the manager does not consider him to be a 'team' player.

One thing is for sure, time will tell - it always does.

IWasThere2016
05-04-2010, 04:37 PM
I was actually quite surprised to hear this. DR is undoubtedly talented but the impression that I have gained and it is second hand impression is that the manager does not consider him to be a 'team' player.

One thing is for sure, time will tell - it always does.

DR sees himself as a striker not stuck out left and to me he doesn't look like he's enjoying his football.

Nonsense fines for valid comments about the pitch weren't necessary IMHO and won't help his mood.

Add to that the likes of Blackpool paying £7k a week and ..

McIntosh
05-04-2010, 04:43 PM
DR sees himself as a striker not stuck out left and to me he doesn't look like he's enjoying his football.

Nonsense fines for valid comments about the pitch weren't necessary IMHO and won't help his mood.

TQM, you will see much more of DR than myself, do you think he will be a loss if he leaves? Is there a natural striking partner for DR in your opinion at the club?

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2010, 04:43 PM
TQM, you will see much more of DR than myself, do you think he will be a loss if he leaves? Is there a natural striking partner for DR in your opinion at the club?

:faf::faf:

Hibby 2005
05-04-2010, 04:46 PM
I thought Riordan got a nose bleed at the idea of ever leaving his home :greengrin
Agree about him being wasted playing out wide and Yogi can try and get him to track back 'till doomsday but he'll never change so why persist? He's a born goalscorer and Yogi would be striking a nail in his own coffin if he let him go.

greenlex
05-04-2010, 04:47 PM
:faf::faf:
Made me chuckle too. :greengrin

McIntosh
05-04-2010, 04:49 PM
Made me chuckle too. :greengrin

I dont see Hibs play much do you and Blackpool Hibs think DR will be a loss if he leaves?

Carheenlea
05-04-2010, 04:51 PM

How can you possibly know this? You don`t seem to attend too many games but present yourself as some sort of expert on all things Hibs?

:dunno:

greenlex
I dont see Hibs play much do you and Blackpool Hibs think DR will be a loss if he leaves?
His goals will certainly be missed. His defending wont. Unless he is played up front he is wasted at Hibs. I would rather him be at ER than Stokes as I think he would score more than Stokes playing a similar role.

McIntosh
I thought Riordan got a nose bleed at the idea of ever leaving his home :greengrin
Agree about him being wasted playing out wide and Yogi can try and get him to track back 'till doomsday but he'll never change so why persist? He's a born goalscorer and Yogi would be striking a nail in his own coffin if he let him go.

How would you play him and if you were playing him in a partnership who with?

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2010, 04:52 PM

I'd like him to stay, although if Yogi can get a replacement for him, as good as stokes has been for fletcher, i wouldnt complain. PS you probably see just as many games as TQM.

IWasThere2016
05-04-2010, 04:52 PM

DR will be a big loss IMHO. As for a strike partner - cannot recall last time he was upfront with a partner at Hibs! We don't do two up!

Hibby 2005
05-04-2010, 04:55 PM
How would you play him and if you were playing him in a partnership who with?

Stokes and Riordan is the obvious choice and in an ideal world a fit Zemmama would be providing the link-up play. I would also have given Benji a run up front alongside Riordan if Stokes wasn't available instead of being played in midfield.

IWasThere2016
05-04-2010, 04:55 PM
How can you possibly know this? You don`t seem to attend too many games but present yourself as some sort of expert on all things Hibs?

:dunno:

Read my post again - it is an opinion not a fact :wink:

McIntosh
05-04-2010, 04:58 PM
His goals will certainly be missed. His defending wont. Unless he is played up front he is wasted at Hibs. I would rather him be at ER than Stokes as I think he would score more than Stokes playing a similar role.

It is interesting reading your comments. It must put JH is a real dilemma - drop the club's top scorer to play it's most 'naturally' gifted striker. Avoiding this decision may account for the team's lop-sided formation.

greenlex
05-04-2010, 04:59 PM
It is interesting reading your comments. It must put JH is a real dilemma - drop the club's top scorer to play it's most 'naturally' gifted striker. Avoiding this decision may account for the team's lop-sided formation.
Thats about the size of it IMO. I actually see Stokes going in the Summer rather than Riordan. He certainly gets more verbals from Hughes during a game.

Hibby 2005
05-04-2010, 05:06 PM
Any other Manager in the SPL would have them together, up front and scoring goals for fun.
I honestly think we'd be well clear in 3rd by now if this partnership had ever been given a chance.

McIntosh
05-04-2010, 05:06 PM
Thats about the size of it IMO. I actually see Stokes going in the Summer rather than Riordan. He certainly gets more verbals from Hughes during a game.

My nephew who is great for for inside information told me that during the Winter break that there were enquires for AS, CN and DR. He told me about Aberdeen and Dundee enquiry for CN and Celtics enquiry for AS so you may well be right about a summer move for these players.

Though that may well be a major mistake as these players are goal scorers.

McIntosh
05-04-2010, 05:12 PM
Any other Manager in the SPL would have them together, up front and scoring goals for fun.
I honestly think we'd be well clear in 3rd by now if this partnership had ever been given a chance.

Yes, it does seem to be about striking the right balance because Hibs certainly seem to have quality players.