PDA

View Full Version : The anti-pun thread

joe_hfc
28-01-2010, 04:46 PM
When the 'Volz' rumours were up, I let it slide. but after reading the 'Macaronni' thread I feel something has to be done.

Puns, as we all know, can put the 'fun' in 'funny', however hibs.net is becoming a social club for the embarassing fathers and cringeworthy uncles to share there nauseating 'wit'.

Yes, volz does sound like Voltz. Macaronni is indeed also a form of pasta. And as we all know, the word 'source' can sound similar to 'sauce' - which, as we know, effortlessly bring many a chippy joke to ones imagination. :dizzy:

:wink::greengrin

Big Frank
28-01-2010, 04:47 PM
When the 'Volz' rumours were up, I let it slide. but after reading the 'Macaronni' thread I feel something has to be done.

Puns, as we all know, can put the 'fun' in 'funny', however hibs.net is becoming a social club for the embarassing fathers and cringeworthy uncles to share there nauseating 'wit'.

Yes, volz does sound like Voltz. Macaronni is indeed also a form of pasta. And as we all know, the word 'source' can sound similar to 'sauce' - which, as we know, effortlessly bring many a chippy joke to ones imagination. :dizzy:

You owe me 30 seconds :grr:

Ritchie
28-01-2010, 04:48 PM
we should PUNish the next person who starts that kind of thread. :devil:

MacBean
28-01-2010, 04:49 PM
we should PUNish the next person who starts that kind of thread. :devil:

too right! its a right pun in the neck!! :wink:

AugustaHibs
28-01-2010, 04:49 PM
I Started the Macaronni thread, PUNish me. :greengrin

Ritchie
28-01-2010, 04:50 PM
I Started the Macaronni thread, PUNish me. :greengrin

PUNt him from hibs.net!!!

Storar
28-01-2010, 04:52 PM
Graceless and Classless

lapsedhibee
28-01-2010, 04:54 PM
hibs.net is becoming a social club for the embarassing fathers and cringeworthy uncles to share there nauseating 'wit'.

I saw what you did there. You made a post which included a word which sounded like another word, but wasn't exactly the right word.

Embarrassing, oozeworthy and nauseating! :grr:

ShanksSaidNo
28-01-2010, 04:54 PM

Its just a bit of fun ya borin punt!!

joe_hfc
28-01-2010, 05:01 PM
Its just a bit of fun ya borin punt!!

Just having a laugh on a slow thursday afternoon pettle. :greengrin

Ritchie
28-01-2010, 05:03 PM
graceless and classless

he's deed!

zlatan
28-01-2010, 05:05 PM
You know it's getting out of hand when people admit they are googling types of pasta to contribute to such hilarity :hilarious

joe_hfc
28-01-2010, 05:08 PM
You know it's getting out of hand when people admit they are googling types of pasta to contribute to such hilarity :hilarious

I'm telling you, It's a problem!! :hilarious:hilarious:hilarious

Sylar
28-01-2010, 05:09 PM
It's disgraceful that all the puns are related to food too. Greggs, Macaroni, sauce.... It's just not Hibs class.

PETRIE!!! Get it salted!!!:grr:

MWHIBBIES
28-01-2010, 05:09 PM
LOL this thread is punny.

Hibbyradge
28-01-2010, 05:47 PM

Not to mention gullible yet irritating teenage boys.

Aubenas
28-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Definitely pasta joke:cool2:

Disc O'Dave
28-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Should this not be re-titled the "anti-fun thread"?

Let the Pun-fight begin!

ancient hibee
28-01-2010, 05:58 PM
I would have mustard a reply but didn't want to be peppered with insalts.

Disc O'Dave
28-01-2010, 06:00 PM
If it wasn't for these threads, my post count would be much, much lower.

Probably under a Pundred

Jack
28-01-2010, 06:28 PM
Now for the counterpunch! :greengrin

Away a do one you puny little cyberpunk! :grr: Just because you young folk cant make puns work due to lack of experience you think us really auld folk should lay off! (How am I doing? :cool2:)

Punitive action should be taken against you young man and you should be punished severely! :slipper:

'Doing the pun' is fun (which could be phun, i.e. pun with an 'h') and we should be able to do so with impunity :agree:

Well I count 9 puns in there :faf:

joe_hfc
28-01-2010, 06:57 PM
The thread was started in a light-hearted tongue in cheek way, I even used the appropriate Smilies to try and avoid making any posters disgrunteled :greengrin. I was merely expressing my own point of view (not the point of view of 'young folk') that its a pity when a thread which could be otherwise interesting and informative, is turned sour by the toe-curling puns! Some - like ancient hibee's on post 18 - are amusing, i'll admit that. :wink:

ShanksSaidNo
28-01-2010, 07:16 PM
LOL this thread is punny.
Ha - Good effort mate - i did laugh out loud at that one. I lol'd if you like!

ZippytheHibee
28-01-2010, 07:58 PM
:rolleyes:

ancient hibee
29-01-2010, 08:04 PM
The thread was started in a light-hearted tongue in cheek way, I even used the appropriate Smilies to try and avoid making any posters disgrunteled :greengrin. I was merely expressing my own point of view (not the point of view of 'young folk') that its a pity when a thread which could be otherwise interesting and informative, is turned sour by the toe-curling puns! Some - like ancient hibee's on post 18 - are amusing, i'll admit that. :wink:
You are a discerning and knowledgeable young man and should pay no attention to these grumpies.

Or in the words of E.Presley(fronted a beat combo my lord)Don't be Cruet.

jabis
29-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Hmmmm the atnesphere is definetely getting chilli !

snooky
29-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Anti Pun Thread

That's enough aboot her - what about Uncle Punthread?

hibee_nation
29-01-2010, 08:19 PM
Bad time to have started a thread like this with yogi's fishmonger making an appearance. :greengrin

Toaods
29-01-2010, 09:16 PM
well, I'm planning on continuing Carte BLANCHE with as many puns as possible

snooky
29-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Bad time to have started a thread like this with yogi's fishmonger making an appearance. :greengrin

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf: PML :top marks