PDA

View Full Version : Question Stokes Incident

Cocaine&Caviar
28-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Is there any chance of a retrospective red card for Stokes after his lash out at O'Dea last night?

HibbyAndy
28-01-2010, 02:08 PM
What about odea's challenge in the 1st place?

Durty wee barsteward.

Jim44
28-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Is there any chance of a retrospective red card for Stokes after his lash out at O'Dea last night?

If it's the same incident as I am thinking of, Stokes took the illegal Mhank tackle but spun round quickly and angrily but as far as I can remember did not lash out at O'Dea. In fact I think Stokes reaction was nowhere near as bad as Stewart's 'red card' reaction of a few weeks ago.

PS. Just looked at it again and confirmed my initial reaction. Stokes was guilty of nothing and in fact I would have been astounded if any player could have failed to respond to the tackle. On reflection, O'Dea's tackle was not illegal, but got the response it deserved.

hibsbollah
28-01-2010, 02:20 PM
:confused: He didnt 'lash out', he was just 'jive talking' as i believe todays youngsters like to call it.

truehibernian
28-01-2010, 02:24 PM
What about a retrospective yellow card for the South Korean boy who looked to be a diving wee fuddly.......come on Gordon Smith, you said it was one of your missions to keep diving and simulation out the game :wink:

GhostofBolivar
28-01-2010, 02:25 PM
:confused: He didnt 'lash out', he was just 'jive talking' as i believe todays youngsters like to call it.

YouTube - Airplane Jive Scene (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fZwMcoDVJM)

KerPlunk
28-01-2010, 02:25 PM

I thought they were going to engage in a bit of Riverdancing and manly craic.

:cool2:

Sean1875
28-01-2010, 02:36 PM
done nothing wrong, reasonable reaction from that minging tackle. :agree:

Si_17
28-01-2010, 02:41 PM
Going by the highlights, he did kick out a wee bit to be fair.:wink:

Steve20
28-01-2010, 02:43 PM
Never kicked out at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Si_17
28-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Never kicked out at all.

Have you watched the BBC highlights? There's definitely a kick in there.

Jim44
28-01-2010, 02:49 PM
Coincidently enough, this topic was similarly raised on Kickback about 15 minutes ago....." will the SFA look at the blatant kick by stokes on o'dea of celtic and ban the git". It's par for the course for your rivals to conveniently 'mis-read' a situation but I don't think we should really be dicussing the remotest possibility of any offence. O'Dea's tackle was visciously hard but legal, a bit like Murray's against the Sheep, and it got the natural response from the recipient.

PS...........I think this topic has only come about because of Rob McLean's ill-considered knee-jerk biased reaction.

jakedance
28-01-2010, 02:57 PM
There wasn't much wrong with the tackle or Stoke's reaction to it. The ref had a word and told them both to cool it so he dealt with it. End of story.

Dunbar Hibee
28-01-2010, 03:15 PM
Would have just been a heat of the moment thing but it looked like a nasty challenge from O'Dea.

hibhib7
28-01-2010, 03:23 PM
Is there any chance of a retrospective red card for Stokes after his lash out at O'Dea last night?I can't believe anyone would even mention this handbags 'incident'. The refs are bad enough up here for booking players, when a word in their ear would do, without encouraging them to take retrospective looks at non-violent confrontations.

Hank Schrader
28-01-2010, 03:29 PM
Never kicked out at all.

You having a laugh?

ShanksSaidNo
28-01-2010, 03:40 PM
After looking at it again in the highlights - i'd be really disapointed if there is any retrospective charges to either player! The game needs good solid challenges. we're gonna end up at a stage where every tackle is investigated!

O'Dea has crashed through the tackle - but won the ball whole-heartedly. Not a dirty challenge at all - and im sure Hughes would be delighted to see full blooded tackles like that from our players week in and week out!

Stokesy has reacted but nothing out of the ordinary having just had someone clatter through ye!

I dont think they'll be sittin together on the Plane to their next international thats for sure!!

Danderhall Hibs
28-01-2010, 03:47 PM
PS...........I think this topic has only come about because of Rob McLean's ill-considered knee-jerk biased reaction.

He's an Aberdeen fan - who was he being biased toward?

There wasn't much wrong with the tackle or Stoke's reaction to it. The ref had a word and told them both to cool it so he dealt with it. End of story.

That's what I think. The ref spoke to them so he's dealt with "it" at the time so no retrospective action can be taken.

The_Todd
28-01-2010, 05:00 PM

This.

The ref saw it and dealt with it, case closed. Only if the ref missed it can retrospective punishment be handed out, surely?

Either way, O'dea did go flying in - legally or not.

hibsbollah
28-01-2010, 05:04 PM

I had a look at the highlights again, and after the tackle Stokes does indeed appear to briefly kick O'Dea up the erse, which winds him up, as it was intended to:thumbsup:

Jim44
28-01-2010, 05:21 PM

That's what I think. The ref spoke to them so he's dealt with "it" at the time so no retrospective action can be taken.

All of these guys have got a penchant for the Weegies. Their 'so called' teams play second fiddle to Rangers and Celtic. :greengrin eg. Chick Young and St. Mirren.

Oscar T Grouch
28-01-2010, 05:42 PM

Aye and Chick Young's a St Mirren fan, they've all got an old firm side, you need it to operate in the Scottish Media, :greengrin

--------
28-01-2010, 05:48 PM
All of these guys have got a penchant for the Weegies. Their 'so called' teams play second fiddle to Rangers and Celtic. :greengrin eg. Chick Young and St. Mirren.

:agree: In his post-match interview Yogi was teasing Young about the fact that we're down to play Young's "second team" on Saturday....

Maclean may claim to be a Dons supporter, but his bread's buttered by his keeping in with the OF. If Celtic are struggling, it can't be because Hibs are the better side on the night; it's got to be because the referee's letting thm aay with stuff.... (cf. Jack Regan, passim.)

When I heard him on the highlights talking about Stokes' reaction I thought he was dropping a heavy hint to whoever was listening at the SFA to get Stokes into trouble.

O'Dea went in heavily, but fairly; Stokes reacted as one would; Ian Brines was there on the spot and dealt with the situation sensibly.

Edit: Looked at it again - there IS contact after O'Dea's challenge. Stokes is knocked up in the air off balance, and as he comes down his studs do catch O'Dea's backside, but I can't tell whether he does it with intent or it just happens as he comes in for a landing, so to speak. Seems to me a bad case of storm in a teacup - Ian Brines saw it, spoke to them, and that's the end of that.

Steve20
28-01-2010, 07:29 PM

I was at game and thought he might have but having watched highlights, I know he has not.

Si_17
28-01-2010, 10:09 PM
I was at game and thought he might have but having watched highlights, I know he has not.

Then you must be blind I'm afraid, on the replay of the challenge you can clearly see Stokes kick out at O'Dea after he's jumped over him.

Danderhall Hibs
29-01-2010, 07:33 AM

Aye and Chick Young's a St Mirren fan, they've all got an old firm side, you need it to operate in the Scottish Media, :greengrin

Is that why Nevin's says he's a Hibby then? To cover up being a Celtic fan?

Does everyone really support Rangers or Celtic and just pretend about their "other" team?

Steve20
29-01-2010, 07:37 AM
Then you must be blind I'm afraid, on the replay of the challenge you can clearly see Stokes kick out at O'Dea after he's jumped over him.

I can see perfectly well, thanks very much. There is a wee scuffle, he reacted but I would hardly say he kicked out at him.

People need to stop looking for stuff thats not there.