PDA

View Full Version : No need for signings

CB_NO3
28-01-2010, 01:58 PM
I dont think there is the need for any new signings at the moment, with Bamba to come back and Zemmama to come back. I know we need a right back but Wethersoon is playing well and McCormack can provide adequate cover. I just think any new signings may harm the harmony in the team so why change it while its working at the moment. We need to be looking at Byrne, Galbraith, Benji and McCormack to be putting pressure on the 1st team and looking to get starts, but there is no need to change a winning formula at the moment.

Obviously a right back and centre half will be priority signings in the summer as Bamba will be away IMO.

KWJ
28-01-2010, 02:06 PM
McCann was on the bench against Celtic which is a big + .

I don't think we'd knock back any more signings of the Miller ilk. We didn't need anybody when we brought in Mr. Sauzee :wink:

Dibben
28-01-2010, 02:10 PM
I dont think there is the need for any new signings at the moment, with Bamba to come back and Zemmama to come back. I know we need a right back but Wethersoon is playing well and McCormack can provide adequate cover. I just think any new signings may harm the harmony in the team so why change it while its working at the moment. We need to be looking at Byrne, Galbraith, Benji and McCormack to be putting pressure on the 1st team and looking to get starts, but there is no need to change a winning formula at the moment.

Obviously a right back and centre half will be priority signings in the summer as Bamba will be away IMO.

To me, the urgency for a new CB was at the beginning of January, when Sol was leaving for a month. Now that he'd due back - plus the emergence of Hanlon in there - we perhaps don't need this urgently. Would still be good to get cover in (on loan) in case.

Right back again, we have cover there. It would be good to get someone in, however, with the players we have who can play there, again, we can afford to wait for the RIGHT player and not panic buy and pay over the odds for a relegation haunted club captain :wink:.

Judging by the difference it made to have Miller and McBride off for the last 30 mins against Hamilton, I'd still be inclined to try to get another midfielder in!!!

BH.

ahibby
28-01-2010, 03:00 PM
If the results keep up I might have to take back my stance that we need a RB and CH.

lucky
28-01-2010, 03:03 PM
Of course we need signings. We need players who will improve on what we have got. We are 12 points behind the Huns. If we are to continue to grow we need better players in all positions

lyonhibs
28-01-2010, 03:03 PM
The most important signing we could make this window would be a certain Mr I. Murray on a longer contract :agree: :agree:

Sign him up Rod!!

Tinyclothes
28-01-2010, 03:05 PM
I'm worried that if we get a few injuries then we could be far too stretched going into the end of the season. I agree that we don't want to rock the boat at the moment though, it's a tough one.

Ell_Chrisso
28-01-2010, 03:09 PM
Right back for me please.

We have enough to cover at CH with Bamba due back. The rest of the squad have proved they can handle him being away. Ian Murray is the obvious one that can help out, along with Hanlon proving he's up to the task which im very happy at.

RB is needed tho. Although i wouldn't necessarily drop Wotherspoon, i think we could do with a more solid option, and then Wotherspoon can fight it out with the likes of Rankin/Zemmama for places in the team.

McCormack is definatly not the answer in terms of cover, and certainly not worthy of a starting place. Iv not seen much from him to suggest he's any good. Id look to play Thicot before him anyway.

I think we are probably not going to see anyone in now. So we need to get behind the boys we do have.

Dibben
28-01-2010, 03:11 PM
I'm worried that if we get a few injuries then we could be far too stretched going into the end of the season. I agree that we don't want to rock the boat at the moment though, it's a tough one.

Apart from McBride, we've been pretty lucky with injuries / suspensions so far this season. We can't rely on that luck lasting till May.

With 17 games left to play. I'd rather we didn't leave it to chance!

BH.

CheesyHibby
28-01-2010, 05:28 PM
Strong, defensive right back for me, with Wotherspoon ahead of him. Think this would be the only thing I would change. Though, as has been said its not neccesarily 100% vital at the mo.

CapitalHibs
28-01-2010, 05:36 PM
Strong, defensive right back for me, with Wotherspoon ahead of him. Think this would be the only thing I would change. Though, as has been said its not neccesarily 100% vital at the mo.

We've been linked with Paul Caddis. Thought he did OK against us last night-put in a couple of good crosses. Opinions?

brydekirk
28-01-2010, 05:38 PM
defo need a RB imo. and it will free wotherspoon into midfield.:thumbsup:

ancient hibee
28-01-2010, 06:02 PM
When McBride was injured Miller hardly performed.You can never have too many good players to cover for injury and loss of form.

ScottB
28-01-2010, 07:00 PM
We've been linked with Paul Caddis. Thought he did OK against us last night-put in a couple of good crosses. Opinions?

If Fox and McManus go are they likely to want to sell Caddis? I guess it depends if they manage to get Wallace in or not...

I think strengthening is a good idea, we have a real shot at second, especially if Celtic continue to be weakened before the window closes, it's almost looking like they are going to treat the rest of this season as a rebuilding exercise, a prime chance for us to push for second place. As others have pointed out we currently have real quality in our team, but without McBride we struggled, Zemmama is the only real creative midfielder we have and we are probably a little light in defence once / if we get hit by injuries and suspensions.

Maybe the solution is to go for a few guys on loan from the EPL reserves / youth teams, as it avoids the 'paying over the odds' problem in January and leaves us free to spend in the summer ahead of some sort of European adventure...

brydekirk
28-01-2010, 07:19 PM
If Fox and McManus go are they likely to want to sell Caddis? I guess it depends if they manage to get Wallace in or not...

I think strengthening is a good idea, we have a real shot at second, especially if Celtic continue to be weakened before the window closes, it's almost looking like they are going to treat the rest of this season as a rebuilding exercise, a prime chance for us to push for second place. As others have pointed out we currently have real quality in our team, but without McBride we struggled, Zemmama is the only real creative midfielder we have and we are probably a little light in defence once / if we get hit by injuries and suspensions.

Maybe the solution is to go for a few guys on loan from the EPL reserves / youth teams, as it avoids the 'paying over the odds' problem in January and leaves us free to spend in the summer ahead of some sort of European adventure...
the yams have recieved an offer from celtic for wallace. btw didnt know he was hibby.

Hibbyradge
28-01-2010, 08:10 PM
If we seriously want to push on during the run-in, we should strengthen now, while our opponents are dithering.

Celtic and Rangers usually pull away from the pack after the turn of the year due to the depth of their pools.

Whilst they may not have as big an advantage this season, we could steal a march on them by bringing in good quality cover for when our injuries and suspensions really start to kick in.

I'll be very disappointed if we fail to do that.

Pedantic_Hibee
28-01-2010, 08:59 PM
I've continued with tradition and booked Monday off so I can spend all day glued to Sky Sports News.......we'd better make a f****ng signing!! :grr:

HibbyAndy
28-01-2010, 09:01 PM
I've continued with tradition and booked Monday off so I can spend all day glued to Sky Sports News.......we'd better make a f****ng signing!! :grr:

:greengrin

Malcolm,,Dailly,,,i canne wait either :thumbsup:

Pedantic_Hibee
28-01-2010, 09:12 PM

Malcolm,,Dailly,,,i canne wait either :thumbsup:

I can just see the looks on the faces of my colleagues when I stroll into work at 3.45pm on my day off;

"Brian, you're supposed to be off today, what's made you come into work?"

"..................Bob f****ng Malcolm :boo hoo:"

HibbyAndy
28-01-2010, 09:15 PM

I can just see the looks on the faces of my colleagues when I stroll into work at 3.45pm on my day off;

"Brian, you're supposed to be off today, what's made you come into work?"

"..................Bob f****ng Malcolm :boo hoo:"

:hilarious

Got a sneaky wee feeling JH has got better players than ive mentioned up his sleeve.

stantonhibby
28-01-2010, 09:20 PM
:hilarious

Got a sneaky wee feeling JH has got better players than ive mentioned up his sleeve.

That's you on two threads now dropping heavy hints !

Gonnae gie's a clue ? :dunno:

blackpoolhibs
28-01-2010, 09:29 PM
What a difference a week makes. Last week we needed a r/b and a c/h and a midfielder. Today we dont need anyone. You got to love football eh.:thumbsup:

fife hfc
28-01-2010, 10:03 PM
I feel at the very least we need a right back and another midfielder as back up to mcbride. We have Wotherspoon who will give us the right midfielder i feel we need.

basehibby
28-01-2010, 11:30 PM
The most important signing we could make this window would be a certain Mr I. Murray on a longer contract :agree: :agree:

Sign him up Rod!!

:top marksWell said - but if any new faces arrive it's imprortant that they're improving the side and not just being jersey fillers - RB is a position where our options lack experience but it would have to be a good signing to justify pushing Wotherspoon, McCann and McCormack further down the pecking order for that position - no point in signing another DVZ type.