PDA

View Full Version : Yams The Crying Game

Dashing Bob S
28-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Some beautiful quotes from Los Yambolinos in the Evening News today. My personal fave comes from Alex from Colinton:

"A miserable night for everyone connected with Hearts. It was all over within ten minutes of the second half. Hopefully, this will open Vladimir Romanov's eyes."

I don't think it's Vlad's eyes that need to be opened.

HibbyAndy
28-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Some beautiful quotes from Los Yambolinos in the Evening News today. My personal fave comes from Alex from Colinton:

"A miserable night for everyone connected with Hearts. It was all over within ten minutes of the second half. Hopefully, this will open Vladimir Romanov's eyes."

:hilarious

When will they realise Vlad doesnt give two hoots about Hearts?

When will the penny drop for the deluded ones..:rolleyes:

bawheid
28-01-2010, 12:53 PM

As long as he can siphon off a couple of million from the Lee Wallace transfer he'll be more than happy with how things are shaping up at Tynie.

Another few kids being introduced this season, so he'll be hoping for another pay cheque in future transfer windows.

Danderhall Hibs
28-01-2010, 12:56 PM

Did they lose? What was the score?

HibbyAndy
28-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Did they lose? What was the score?

3-0 To the team that beat Hearts exactly by the same score in the 1986 SC final, you know the game right after they lost the League at Dens park in the last few minutes?.

lyonhibs
28-01-2010, 01:00 PM
3-0 To the team that beat Hearts exactly by the same score in the 1986 SC final, you know the game right after they lost the League at Dens park in the last few minutes?.

No :confused:

Care to elaborate??

Hainan Hibs
28-01-2010, 01:02 PM
Why would he miss out on some erm, top quality Basketball with Kaunas to watch the Yams get rogered 3-0?

The yams have been pushed down the pyramid to a level that Vlad has no concern about.

Quite frankly Yambo's, Vlad doesn't give a f....:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
28-01-2010, 01:04 PM

That's a bit of a pumping. I take it they were up at Pittodrie - never an easy place to go.

HibbyAndy
28-01-2010, 01:04 PM
No :confused:

Care to elaborate??

Well...Hearts had went 2848765785 games unbeaten heading into this last game of the season ONLY needing a draw, They were heading for the league title with about 7 mins to go when Dundee substitution Albert Kidd came of the bunch and bagged a brace in a few minutes to deny Hearts the league, EVEN THEN Celtc had to win 5-0 at Love street which they duly did, leaving the ten thousand hearts fans absolute gutted, if you even search on google you can see pics of grown men crying with utter disbelief at bottling the title.

That jogged your memory?

Dashing Bob S
28-01-2010, 01:07 PM
As long as he can siphon off a couple of million from the Lee Wallace transfer he'll be more than happy with how things are shaping up at Tynie.

Another few kids being introduced this season, so he'll be hoping for another pay cheque in future transfer windows.

On that issue, another Yam quote in the EEN: "The current crop of young Hearts players are being thrown in at the deep end of the SPL and are nowhere near ready and frankly, I don't see a lot of potential stars of the future among them."

So perhaps Vlad better not count his chickens. To be fair, it must be hard to develop as a player when the students elbow you off the park every day.

legends of 73
28-01-2010, 01:08 PM

tell me more:thumbsup::thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
28-01-2010, 01:09 PM

Awrite mate :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Theres no really a great deal more, other than they blew the league and the SC in a week , bottle merchants :thumbsup::thumbsup:

brog
28-01-2010, 01:33 PM
Early in the season Mikey Stewart stated the wee team had enjoyed the rub of the green in several games. To be fair he had a point, our late goals vs St M, Killie & Aberdeen, coupled with players being red carded gave us a solid start & a base to build from.
However! The Yams enjoyed an outrageous piece of good fortune when Celtc imploded at ***********. That's the only time I've ever seen a penalty given when the attacking team never touched the ball at any time in the preceding move!! To get a player sent off at same time was a double whammy bonus for Yams in a game in which they looked like getting a serious horsing & moving into bottom 2.
I think I'm correct that until last night they had not lost in the league since the Celtc game but that result has been coming, there's only so many 1-0 Stewart (pen) moments permissible. If this result ( & imminent transfers out ) result in a loss of confidence for Yams then flirtation with relegation becomes a serious possibility & the Darren Barr signing makes sense!! :wink:

bawheid
28-01-2010, 01:45 PM

Awrite mate

Theres no really a great deal more, other than they blew the league and the SC in a week , bottle merchants :thumbsup::thumbsup:

This might help: :greengrin

YouTube - Dundee V Hearts 1986 Albert Kidd (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCjEsN4E85s)

DH, the game wasn't at Pittodrie. Hearts were pumped 3-0 at HOME. :bitchy:

Reminds me of another time that happened:

YouTube - Millenium Derby (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0vsKXaAmVM)

:top marks

:notworthy:

HibbyAndy
28-01-2010, 01:47 PM
This might help: :greengrin

YouTube - Dundee V Hearts 1986 Albert Kidd (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCjEsN4E85s)

DH, the game wasn't at Pittodrie. Hearts were pumped 3-0 at HOME. :bitchy:

Reminds me of another time that happened:

YouTube - Millenium Derby (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0vsKXaAmVM)

:top marks

:notworthy:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Never fails to send shivers doon ma neck :top marks

Hainan Hibs
28-01-2010, 01:58 PM
I know I say this every time, but Kidd's 2nd goal was WORLD CLASS:greengrin:thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
28-01-2010, 06:19 PM
I know I say this every time, but Kidd's 2nd goal was WORLD CLASS:greengrin:thumbsup:

Reminds me of a lot of a goal wee Russel Latapy scored...who was it against?

HibbyAndy
28-01-2010, 06:29 PM
Reminds me of a lot of a goal wee Russel Latapy scored...who was it against?

:agree:

Indeed Bob :cool2:

jacomo
28-01-2010, 07:20 PM
Easy on the gloating folks... what we all have to remember is that if the SPL ran from December 1 to January 3, Hearts would be in contention for the title.

Or something.

Sergey
28-01-2010, 07:27 PM

Is it his wallet that you were referring to, Robert?

Less than a fortnight to Armageddon!

the_ginger_hibee
28-01-2010, 07:48 PM

I may be playing devil's advocate here and I may have a deep cynicism toward the Hearts 'tick tock boom' stuff, but whats stopping Hearts getting another few years whacked onto the agreement? I appreciate your the guy when it comes to this stuff and just slightly curious if this can happen or not?

Hoping for the contrary of course :agree:

Twa Cairpets
28-01-2010, 08:01 PM

Ooooh. I'd almost forgotten about that. It seems to have been very quiet, no fire sale or anything, so it is going to be a damp squib?