PDA

View Full Version : Who is the better player Liam Miller or Barry Ferguson?

Makalambay
28-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Having a wee discussion with someone at work, who would you rather have in your midfield, all bias aside.

Mon Dieu4
28-01-2010, 01:10 PM
Miller he can pass forward, a concept totally alien to the crab :agree:

Also cant see Fergie ever wanting to have signed the Buckie King

Danderhall Hibs
28-01-2010, 01:13 PM
Different types. They would probably make a good partnership.

davemcbain
28-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Having a wee discussion with someone at work, who would you rather have in your midfield, all bias aside.

Ridiculous question.

One is the most overrated, loathsome, ineloquent, ugly, buckie swilling ned in Scottish football and is a man who makes Ray Wilkins look like an attacking footballer.

The other plays for us.

I would sooner have a septic tank on a sideways only conveyor belt in my midfield than Barry the hun.

Makalambay
28-01-2010, 01:28 PM
Ridiculous question.

One is the most overrated, loathsome, ineloquent, ugly, buckie swilling ned in Scottish football and is a man who makes Ray Wilkins look like an attacking footballer.

The other plays for us.

I would sooner have a septic tank on a sideways only conveyor belt in my midfield than Barry the hun.

Fair enough, he's doing alright at Brum City though.

lyonhibs
28-01-2010, 01:30 PM
As mentioned above, they'd probably make an interesting combination.

But if I had to choose, Liam Miller, hands down, every time.

Dibben
28-01-2010, 01:35 PM
The questions should be:

Who'd make a better midfield partnership?

Miller / McBride

or

Miller / Ferguson

:cool2:

BH.

Makalambay
28-01-2010, 01:36 PM
There is a corresponding thread on Follow Follow, Miller taking a bit of a beating.

RoslinInstHibby
28-01-2010, 01:43 PM
The questions should be:

Who'd make a better midfield partnership?

Miller / McBride

or

Miller / Ferguson

:cool2:

BH.
or

Ferguson / Thomson
v
Miller / McBride

which pairing would you rather have?

davemcbain
28-01-2010, 01:54 PM
There is a corresponding thread on Follow Follow, Miller taking a bit of a beating.

Backs up my thoughts exactly - if the neaderthals that bang keyboards on swallow swallow like the ned, then every reason for me to despise him some more.

Just remember folks with every yard he covers on the pitch, it could be your oxygen he's stealing.

Gus
28-01-2010, 01:57 PM
I'd persoanlly pick Miller

But

Ferguson is doing very well for the Brum. He also did well for Blackburn.

Miller on the other hand didn't get a look in at Man Utd for one reason or another, Sunderland hit the premiership & he doesn't get a look in again....

Ferguson has won numerous honours/trophies

Miller.....

And although Ferguson is as partial to a backwards pass as much as Nade is to a burger king, I wouldnt put money on Miller scoring more goals up here than Ferguson.

Hibs On Tour
28-01-2010, 05:36 PM
Different types. They would probably make a good partnership.

Good point.

Woody1985
28-01-2010, 05:46 PM
Would have to wait for a while to decide.

Miller has played half a season for us and about 10 games at Celtic. I've seen most of our games this season and a couple when he played for Celtic.

I've seen Ferguson play a lot more than Miller purely due to OF in the SPL/Europe and playing for Scotland.

Dunbar Hibee
28-01-2010, 05:55 PM
I think Ferguson is very overrated. I don't see what others see in him.