PDA

View Full Version : Chequebook Opener!

MrSmith
28-01-2010, 12:03 PM
I'm hoping last night will be just that!

A few strategic signings to consolidate our position would be great and also with a view of chasing second!!

C'mon Rodders, you know it makes sense!!

Jack
28-01-2010, 02:30 PM
To buy anyone and you really have to buy in this window, who would make a marked difference on what we have, would IMO cost too much to buy and pay.

Have we stopped thinking about a CH now we seem to have that covered and a fight for the jersey? Folk are asking where to fit our £3.5m World Cup star in?

Do we want a RB (yes we do) that might muck up the balance of the team that currently sits 2 points off 2nd and going through a bit of a purple patch? (no we probably don’t)

It was OK when we were a really wee team, fighting to get into or stay in the top 6, but we’re now quite a big wee team and the quality we now need to improve doesn’t come cheap, or even big cheap!

Arfield has been quoted today at £400k, then there's his wages on top. In the summer £400k could buy a £4k a week player for 2 years.

So what do you want and when do you want it? Arfield now or a Stokes/Miller player in the summer?

I reckon there's money there if Yogi wants it but he’s a shrewd bugger and I suspect has his eye on bigger and better in the summer.

MacBean
28-01-2010, 02:35 PM
To buy anyone and you really have to buy in this window, who would make a marked difference on what we have, would IMO cost too much to buy and pay.

Have we stopped thinking about a CH now we seem to have that covered and a fight for the jersey? Folk are asking where to fit our £3.5m World Cup star in?

Do we want a RB (yes we do) that might muck up the balance of the team that currently sits 2 points off 2nd and going through a bit of a purple patch? (no we probably don’t)

It was OK when we were a really wee team, fighting to get into or stay in the top 6, but we’re now quite a big wee team and the quality we now need to improve doesn’t come cheap, or even big cheap!

Arfield has been quoted today at £400k, then there's his wages on top. In the summer £400k could buy a £4k a week player for 2 years.

So what do you want and when do you want it? Arfield now or a Stokes/Miller player in the summer?

I reckon there's money there if Yogi wants it but he’s a shrewd bugger and I suspect has his eye on bigger and better in the summer.

Excellent Post:top marks

ahibby
28-01-2010, 02:39 PM
I don't see any other teams strengthening and if they don't then its as we were, no change all round and Hibs challenging for 3rd. We are the team outside the OF that the others are aiming for. We have something to lose and that should keep our players keen to say the least.

MrSmith
28-01-2010, 03:07 PM
Simple, CH, RB and possibly a midfielder to consolidate our position.