PDA

View Full Version : NHC Rio Ferdinand

Expecting Rain
28-01-2010, 10:55 AM
Elbowed wee Tevis in the mouth whilst appealing against his last assault, is he the full shilling?

Andy74
28-01-2010, 11:33 AM
Elbowed wee Tevis in the mouth whilst appealing against his last assault, is he the full shilling?

Have you see it or just read it? He did nothing of the sort.

scott7_0(Prague)
28-01-2010, 11:34 AM

I didn't see that one but I did see him motion his elbow towards Tevez last night! :wink:

Part/Time Supporter
28-01-2010, 11:34 AM
Also interesting that Fergie is bitching about Sky highlighting the incident between Ferdinand and the Hull player. Bet he doesn't have the nerve to ban them though, given the amount of money they pay MUFC each year.

Danderhall Hibs
28-01-2010, 11:39 AM

I saw it. You're right though - he appealed before the game and elbowed Tevez during the game. :wink:

Incredible that Man U are now at the level of thinking a semi final in the diddy cup is worth risking Ferdinand getting a 4 match ban for. It's almost as if they've written the league off and just wanted to get one over on Man City

lapsedhibee
28-01-2010, 12:08 PM
I saw it. You're right though - he appealed before the game and elbowed Tevez during the game. :wink:
:greengrin

Quite clearly elbowed Tevez. He has turned into a bit of a snarling fud. What was even more amazing, however, was the commentators tying themselves in knots trying to explain that he hadn't actually moved his elbow in Tevez's direction. I half expected them to break into Newtonian or Einsteinian dynamics to demonstrate that what we were actually witnessing was Tevez's face coming into contact with Ferdinand's elbow, rather than the other way round.

They must be getting worried that he might accumulate sufficient consecutive bans to keep him out of the imminent WC-winning team.

Andy74
28-01-2010, 12:28 PM
:greengrin

Quite clearly elbowed Tevez. He has turned into a bit of a snarling fud. What was even more amazing, however, was the commentators tying themselves in knots trying to explain that he hadn't actually moved his elbow in Tevez's direction. I half expected them to break into Newtonian or Einsteinian dynamics to demonstrate that what we were actually witnessing was Tevez's face coming into contact with Ferdinand's elbow, rather than the other way round.

They must be getting worried that he might accumulate sufficient consecutive bans to keep him out of the imminent WC-winning team.

Baws, I don't really like Ferdinand but that wasn't an elbow, he was getting his arm over the block him off, that was it. If he wasn't on a current elbowing charge, now that was an elbow, it wouldn't be being discussed.

_hucks_
28-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Never an elbow - he caught him as he was running but the motion was no different than if there had been nobody there. And as for Tevez's reaction - he was the one who was thinking about the disciplinary Ferdinand had hanging over him I think.

CalgaryHibs
28-01-2010, 01:28 PM
He;s done this through out his career, total idiot of a footballer. How ever he would fit ferfect playing in Italy.

HibbyAndy
28-01-2010, 01:50 PM
He;s done this through out his career, total idiot of a footballer. How ever he would fit ferfect playing in Italy.

Total choob:agree:

He's nae better OFF the field either.

JoeT
28-01-2010, 02:03 PM

Incredible that Man U are now at the level of thinking a semi final in the diddy cup is worth risking Ferdinand getting a 4 match ban for. It's almost as if they've written the league off and just wanted to get one over on Man City

Think they are confident of having their injured players back by the time Ferdinand's extra game would kick in

lapsedhibee
28-01-2010, 02:08 PM
Baws, I don't really like Ferdinand but that wasn't an elbow, he was getting his arm over the block him off, that was it. If he wasn't on a current elbowing charge, now that was an elbow, it wouldn't be being discussed.

Never an elbow - he caught him as he was running but the motion was no different than if there had been nobody there. And as for Tevez's reaction - he was the one who was thinking about the disciplinary Ferdinand had hanging over him I think.

:agree: Tevez nutted Ferdo's elbow and then threw himself theatrically to the ground, claiming a pen.

cheltenhamhibee
28-01-2010, 02:22 PM
pretty much of nothing to me, that happens time and time again in every game, and tevez although being a quality player is still t**t:thumbsup::thumbsup:

khib70
28-01-2010, 02:55 PM
Saw it. And he most certainly did. Red specs? Ferdinand is a thug and Manure's fouling last night was outrageous and pretty much unpunished. Plus ca change:rolleyes:

No sour grapes - they were the better team and deserved to win. City sat too deep.

But would they have won with ten men for seventy minutes?

Andy74
28-01-2010, 03:22 PM
Saw it. And he most certainly did. Red specs? Ferdinand is a thug and Manure's fouling last night was outrageous and pretty much unpunished. Plus ca change:rolleyes:

No sour grapes - they were the better team and deserved to win. City sat too deep.

I think it's clear where the tinted specs reside. I'm a Hibs fan, couldn't give a toss about any of them, but that was no elbow and Teves looked a complete idiot for reacting the way he did.

IWasThere2016
28-01-2010, 03:33 PM
Looked like a foul to me .. the drug cheat was aware of what he was doing - and how he could plead not guilty to the Fagan assault :faf: What a muppet! :agree:

Pretty Boy
28-01-2010, 03:33 PM
If they start sending people off for incidents such as that then no game will finish with 11 a side.

Ferdinand and Tevez chasing for a through ball, they come shoulder to shoulder, Ferdinands arm goes across Tevez and his elbow brushes his face. Tevez goes over like he's been shot, rolls about for 5 minutes, receives no treatment then gets up absolutely fine when he realises he's not got Ferdinand sent off.

Anyone who thinks that was a violent conduct red card clearly has blue tinted specs on. The incident with the Hull player on the other hand....

Danderhall Hibs
28-01-2010, 03:38 PM
If they start sending people off for incidents such as that then no game will finish with 11 a side.

Ferdinand and Tevez chasing for a through ball, they come shoulder to shoulder, Ferdinands arm goes across Tevez and his elbow brushes his face. Tevez goes over like he's been shot, rolls about for 5 minutes, receives no treatment then gets up absolutely fine when he realises he's not got Ferdinand sent off.

Anyone who thinks that was a violent conduct red card clearly has blue tinted specs on. The incident with the Hull player on the other hand....

Did you not see the nick of Tevez's face after he had been clattered? :greengrin

lapsedhibee
28-01-2010, 04:09 PM

Snarling, drug-addled, sandwich-short-of-a-picnicking fud:

YouTube - The stupid Rio Ferdinand !!!!!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmG0Ih0EPeQ&NR=1)

GreenPJ
28-01-2010, 04:22 PM
:agree: Tevez nutted Ferdo's elbow and then threw himself theatrically to the ground, claiming a pen.

It was 15 yards outside the box.

Ferdinand caught him with the elbow, his face was testimant to that. Don't think it was particularly meant but it was a free-kick to City all the same.

lapsedhibee
28-01-2010, 04:46 PM

Bellamy got it the week before! :grr:

Love the Green
28-01-2010, 07:23 PM

ANDY get yourself down to specsavers or check out a biology book...where do you think the elbow is in the human body....
the thug is at it evry game(he manages to play),,him fletcher and evra are animals,, the free kick wher richards and fletcher squared up should have gone to city as fletcher flew in with no chance of winning the ball this led to the 2 nd goal..
"keep the faith"
"city blues":wink:

Harpandcastle
28-01-2010, 09:41 PM

United were well on thier way to winning the week before untill one of the softest penalties I've ever seen gave city a way back into the tie.

blackpoolhibs
28-01-2010, 10:00 PM

Ferdinand caught him with the elbow, his face was testimant to that. Don't think it was particularly meant but it was a free-kick to City all the same.

I dont think you can blame his face on one incident with Ferdinand. :wink: PS i thought he was just holding him off, and it was his arm, not an elbow.

Expecting Rain
29-01-2010, 09:28 AM
I think it's clear where the tinted specs reside. I'm a Hibs fan, couldn't give a toss about any of them, but that was no elbow and Teves looked a complete idiot for reacting the way he did.

If you don`t give a toss why bother replying?

_hucks_
29-01-2010, 11:46 AM

He couldn't give a toss as to the fortunes of either club involved but still has a take on the incident? I fall into the same category...

Andy74
29-01-2010, 12:12 PM

Couldn't give a toss in terms of who the teams or players were, which means I can give an unbiaed view of the incident.

It was not a deliberate elbow.