PDA

View Full Version : Performances Last Night

Dashing Bob S
28-01-2010, 08:21 AM
A great performance by Hibs and wonderful night for sport in the capital. Even Hearts slumping to a narrow defeat at home and their prolific forwards surprisingly forgetting their shooting boots, failed to take the shine of things. Here are my Parkhead ratings:

Smiffy - 8 out of 10 - assured performance by our yamtastic keeper.

D-Spoon -7 - i'm always impressed by this young chap. Not a full-back and was up against the best winger in Scotland. Thought he was going to get taken to the cleaners, but curbed his natural attacking instincts and stuck with the job, growing strong and more confident as McGready grew weaker and more despondant.

Murray - 8 - another reliable performance. Get him signed, please.

Hogg - 7 - solid again. Obviously a better player due to McBride covering the defence.

Hanlon - 8 - a natural centre-half who looks much better there than he does at full-back. Sauzee-like run showed his confidence. Must keep the jersey for Saints game, even with Sol back. Big future in the game.

McBride - 7 - he's our real leader and organiser. We're a different team with him. This is what 'unseen' work looks like Mr Kerr, it's highly visible.

Rankin - 7 - another player who's benefited from McBride in the team. His work rate compensates for his limitations. Daft yellow for clumsy tackle and has obviously been told to stop trying squigglers every time he gets the ball as the one time you wanted him to belt it, he was caught in two minds. Great pass to DG for goal.

Riordan - 6 - did nothing wrong, but was never a threat. Would like to see him playing alongside Stokes with Galbraith wide left.

Miller - 9 - we were being pounded relentlessly in the 20 mins of the second half, and he just took over the game and started running the show, breaking up soapy moves and launching counter-attacks. A class act at his peak, and we're lucky to have him.

Nish - 6 - a bit like Riordan. The medication must be working as his mood swings from genius to village idiot had leveled out and he was just quiet and boring.

Stokes - 8.5 - after Miller, the star man. A constant pain to Celtic, played the target man rather than poacher, and chased everything.

Subs

Galbraith - 8.5 - not just for the goal, but DG confirmed the promise of his earlier cameo's. Linked up superbly with Miller and Stokes. Emerged as a young star in this game in my opinion, and is worth more time on the pitch and a few starts.

Stevenson - 7 - I thought he was very good when he came on. A fresh set of legs and put in the challenges we needed.

Can't remember who else came on but i'll give them 6.

Stonewall
28-01-2010, 08:28 AM
Don't disagree with any of that DBS.

Well done for getting the dig in about Kerr by the way.

Dashing Bob S
28-01-2010, 08:29 AM
Don't disagree with any of that DBS.

Well done for getting the dig in about Kerr by the way.

My pleasure.