PDA

View Full Version : John Rankin

Hibbyradge
28-01-2010, 09:13 AM
I thought JR had a fantastic game last night.

He seemed to cover every blade of grass and he laid the ball into Galbraith's pass for the winner.

His graft, as well as McBride's guile, allowed Miller to play his own game.

down-the-slope
28-01-2010, 09:20 AM
:agree: he can not play the position McBride does...but like so many others with McBride back he is able to stick to what he is better at further forward.....also having him rather than Zemamma (which was early season formation) made us much more solid.

Have said all season that Deeks or Zemmama...not both as when under pressure (like Rangers) we get overloaded with both on the pitch.

JR...take a bow...but it was a team performance

RIP
28-01-2010, 09:20 AM
John Rankin is a born leader and a real asset to the team

The guy played a blinder at Tannadice and was a great driving force at Easter Road on Saturday

Yogi is clearly a big fan :thumbsup:

jdships
28-01-2010, 09:27 AM
I thought JR had a fantastic game last night.

He seemed to cover every blade of grass and he laid the ball into Galbraith's pass for the winner.

His graft, as well as McBride's guile, allowed Miller to play his own game.

Made up my mind last night to post a note re John Rankin's performance !
Thought he went about his business last night with confidence and grafted tirelessly
His pass to Danny G was sublime :thumbsup:
Let's hope people also note Lewis Stevenson's 25 minute stint - did a cracking job IMO .

Well done to the whole squad :top marks

:flag:

(((Fergus)))
28-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Made up my mind last night to post a note re John Rankin's performance !
Thought he went about his business last night with confidence and grafted tirelessly
His pass to Danny G was sublime :thumbsup:
Let's hope people also note Lewis Stevenson's 25 minute stint - did a cracking job IMO .

Well done to the whole squad :top marks

:flag:

:agree: We are so quick to criticise him, I'm a bit disappointed there isn't more acknowledgment of his match-winning contribution last night.

:top marks for Mr Rankin aka the Duracell bunny

Golden Bear
28-01-2010, 04:37 PM
:agree: We are so quick to criticise him, I'm a bit disappointed there isn't more acknowledgment of his match-winning contribution last night.

:agree:

Nicely put!

Hibs90
28-01-2010, 04:40 PM
Thought he had a decent game, excellent pass for Galbraith. Apart from that ran about like a headless chicken though.

GlesgaeHibby
28-01-2010, 04:43 PM

He has been poor at times this season, but 10/10 for last night. He made the pass to Stokes to start the goal move, and then made a lung busting run forward to play in Galbraith.

blackpoolhibs
28-01-2010, 04:45 PM
He was superb, as others have said, he covered every blade of grass last night. Although to be fair, he normally does that anyway. Its his distribution that normally lets him down, but last night he did not let us down, and along with Miller and McBride, they never gave the smellies time on the ball in the middle of the park. :thumbsup:

(((Fergus)))
28-01-2010, 04:46 PM
He has been poor at times this season, but 10/10 for last night. He made the pass to Stokes to start the goal move, and then made a lung busting run forward to play in Galbraith.

After 92 minutes of industry, headless or otherwise.

steakbake
28-01-2010, 04:46 PM
He gets far too much stick on here. He's a good player who was perhaps going through a rough spell a few weeks ago.

ShanksSaidNo
28-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Far from being a Rankin fan I am delighted to see some praise for him on the back of last nights performance. All be it, its probably only his first good game so far this season - he's a Hibs player who works his socks off everytime he wears the green so credit where credits due!

So thanks for your contribution John, there's a taxi waiting. :devil:

GlesgaeHibby
28-01-2010, 05:02 PM
After 92 minutes of industry, headless or otherwise.

:agree: You're always guaranteed 100% from Rankin every game. Doesn't always come off for him, but his effort can never be faulted.

steve75
28-01-2010, 05:17 PM
He's a great player to have around the squad. Very hot and cold tho. Sometimes plays a brillant ball and other times just doesn't seem to have a clue.

Can never fault his workrate though. And is the perfect balance to the 3 man midfield. Also now has 4 assists, can't really argue.

If he keeps working he'll have good games and bad games, but he'll always get a game.