PDA

View Full Version : Will Sol get back in??

1875er
28-01-2010, 08:04 AM
Wasn't at the game last night but by all accounts Hanlon had a great game... gives Yogi a dilemma for Saturday if big Sol is available. Think Yogi is normally of the opinion that then man in posession is the man that plays but will be interesting to see what he does..

Thoughts?

Hibbyradge
28-01-2010, 08:10 AM
No dilemma.

Bamba goes straight back in when he's ready.

Hanlon should keep learning and be patient.

1875er
28-01-2010, 08:14 AM
No dilemma.

Really? Would seem a tad harsh on Hanlon though... particularly as don't think Bamba covered himself in glory at the African Cup of Nations...??

StevieC
28-01-2010, 08:19 AM
Really? Would seem a tad harsh on Hanlon though... particularly as don't think Bamba covered himself in glory at the African Cup of Nations...??

What he does outside of his proper job is his business.

:wink:

Dashing Bob S
28-01-2010, 08:22 AM
No dilemma.

Nonsense. You can't drop a young player who is performing like that.

Bamba in midfield for JR.

Stonewall
28-01-2010, 08:23 AM
Bamba back in at CH.

Hogg to RB.

Wotherspoon into midfield.

down-the-slope
28-01-2010, 08:27 AM
Hogg also had a decent game..his block from Fortune in first half saved a goal.

Great to see we are starting to get some pressure on the men in possesion of shirts....the best teams & players need that to keep sharpe...Deeks knows that Galbraith can make a contribution now that will give him a kick up the ercie.

McCann will hopefully put pressure on for RB slot (I think a lot of people have forgotten how well he played for a period before loss of form & injury)

Back to question.....hard call about Bamba..we will with cup and Saints game be playing 3 times a week for a period so Squad will get tested and give opportunities for Freshness

hibsbollah
28-01-2010, 08:28 AM

yep:agree:

down-the-slope
28-01-2010, 08:30 AM
Bamba back in at CH.

Hogg to RB.

Wotherspoon into midfield.

NO No NO

Hogg is doing fine at CH...but is not a RB unless its a 3 and then him sweeping would be better

down-the-slope
28-01-2010, 08:32 AM
yep:agree:

Not after last night...JR was just fine.

Bamba would just charge around and get in the way of McBrides control of the deep area...we don't need 2 sitters

hibsbollah
28-01-2010, 08:35 AM

Bamba would just charge around and get in the way of McBrides control of the deep area...we don't need 2 sitters

I dont think you can drop Hanlon or Hogg though. It looks like a genuine partnership.

1875er
28-01-2010, 08:35 AM

Absolutely spot on IMHO....Bamba on the bench for me...

Hibbyradge
28-01-2010, 08:36 AM

Well, I know what you're sayong and it's Yogi's call, but I wouldn't leave my multi-million pound rated centre half on the bench for a young laddie who is playing out of position (sort of).

I'm not absolutely sure Hanlon was as assured as folk suggest last night.

Samaras missed 2 sitters, unchallenged, right in the heart of our defence.

That's not good defending.

down-the-slope
28-01-2010, 08:48 AM
I dont think you can drop Hanlon or Hogg though. It looks like a genuine partnership.

Really hard call but agree with you...always beleive in the 'man in possesion of the shirt rule'..It needs loss of form / injury etc or why change. It also dents the squad unity & graft if there is not genuine belief that if you work hard enough and make team you will also stay on merit...

Anyway 3 days of window left...may be no choice to make.

But defo not in midfield for Bamba. (we never got a single yellow card
for about 60 mins...which is great discipline against OF)

Stonewall
28-01-2010, 08:48 AM

I agree with this but think we need Bamba against a big physical team on Saturday. I think Hogg will do just fine if moved to right back.

Hibercelona
28-01-2010, 08:54 AM
If he keeps pulling off performances like that, then let the young lad play. :agree:

It was Bamba's choice to leave for the African Cup of Nations (Which is fair enough). But he'll have to earn his place back in the squad on the training ground.

I think thats how Yogi will look at it. :agree:

Jack
28-01-2010, 09:04 AM
It is a dilemma for the club.

If he doesn’t play [in his best position] he could loose his Ivory Coast place at the World Cup, a situation that could see us loose millions.

hibsbollah
28-01-2010, 09:15 AM
With Zemmama, Bamba and Galbraith all with strong claims for a starting place its going to be a difficult selection for Yogi on Saturday...

smurf
28-01-2010, 09:17 AM
It is a dilemma for the club.

If he doesn’t play [in his best position] he could loose his Ivory Coast place at the World Cup, a situation that could see us loose millions.

And the reason why Bamba will be right back into the team.

Unless we cash in THIS month...

Cocaine&Caviar
28-01-2010, 09:20 AM
What a nice position to be in, when was the last time we could have a conundrum like this? Id still like to see something along the lines of:

_____________Smith

______Bamba___Hogg___Hanlon
Wotherspoon_______________Murray
_________Miller____McBride
___________Zemmama
______Stokes_______Riordan

Expecting Rain
28-01-2010, 09:29 AM
Sol will be back in, yes.

Petrie's Tache
28-01-2010, 09:46 AM
What a nice position to be in, when was the last time we could have a conundrum like this? Id still like to see something along the lines of:

_____________Smith

___________Zemmama

Put Danny in before Zemmama and I would go with that.:greengrin Only because Zemmama hasn't been at his best and is carrying an injury.

Craig_in_Prague
28-01-2010, 09:48 AM
Same side for me.

Two great wins, give the guys the chance to get another one.

We have a lot of games coming up, so things will be changed anyway, but no need to start on Sat.

Bamba might have a touch of jet lag,
not sure why he should walk straight in, we lost 4 against Rangers and he was part of that.

Hanlon made some nice runs forward as well last night, he can play a bit as well as defend.

Yogi tends to know best; so not really worth debating on players selections on here.

Cocaine&Caviar
28-01-2010, 09:54 AM
Put Danny in before Zemmama and I would go with that.:greengrin Only because Zemmama hasn't been at his best and is carrying an injury.

I would actually like to see Galbraith at LWB, he always seems willing to track back, and would offer a lot going forward like Wotherspoon on the other wing. This would be with Murray into midfield for Zemmama. A Murray, Miller, McBride midfield trio has a bit of bite to it.

Petrie's Tache
28-01-2010, 10:00 AM
Him and Hanlon to cover the full left of the park would be a gamble IMHO. Let his sort out his attacking play before covering the more difficult defensive side of teh game (for an attacking player).

Houchy
28-01-2010, 10:37 AM
I would actually like to see Galbraith at LWB, he always seems willing to track back, and would offer a lot going forward like Wotherspoon on the other wing. This would be with Murray into midfield for Zemmama. A Murray, Miller, McBride midfield trio has a bit of bite to it.

Antonio Murray left years ago:wink:

or

Is this a freudian slip and you have a source that says he's back on trial???:greengrin

Houchy
28-01-2010, 10:39 AM

Antonio Murray left years ago:wink:

or

Was this a Freudian slip and you've had a source tell you he's back on trial???:greengrin

silverhibee
28-01-2010, 12:56 PM
With Zemmama, Bamba and Galbraith all with strong claims for a starting place its going to be a difficult selection for Yogi on Saturday...

Same team on Saturday that started the game last night.:thumbsup:

Jim44
28-01-2010, 01:04 PM
Is there not a bold assumption that Bamba has returned from Angola. I get the impression these guys are laws to themselves when it comes to returning from International duty. :dunno: If you're already back, Sol, I was only kidding. :worried:

GreenCastle
28-01-2010, 01:12 PM
When is he due back?

I would happily see him play in midfield - he can play there just happens he hit good form at CB early this season.

The big question is will he stay for the rest of the season - would be great if he did to cement 3rd :agree:

hibeeleicester
28-01-2010, 01:32 PM
Bamba at right back? :greengrin

HibbyAndy
28-01-2010, 01:55 PM
Bamba for me should walk right back into CB , Youve done ok Hanlon but we need Bamba perfoming so we get a big fee in the summer for him.

ahibby
28-01-2010, 01:55 PM
Maybe Bamba needs to be made hungry for a game. Putting him on the bench for a while might just do that.

Speedy
28-01-2010, 05:27 PM
I didn't see the game but there seems to be good reports on here so I'd go for the same team and put Bamba on the bench for a rest. Dilemma next week though.

NAE NOOKIE
28-01-2010, 09:36 PM
Would have Bamba in midfield in place of Rankin so long as Hanlon can continue to perform at CH. No offence to JR who apparently had a decent game last night and who was also decent against Hamilton last weekend.

Understand the point that he might get in McBrides road if he is played as a sitting midfielder. Though from what I've seen Big Sol likes to get himself forward with the ball quite a lot.

Never at right back though, he played there under Mixu a few times and it was a disaster.

I just feel that Sol would bring to the midfield the only thing it lacks, which is hight and power.

Ye gods ..... What a nice change it makes having a selection problem coz players are doing well instead of the who is least crap ? scenario.

:greengrin

basehibby
28-01-2010, 10:20 PM
I don't think anyone should be dropped after that performance. Bamba to come off the bench and have a good half hour run out - maybe in midfield :agree:

jacomo
28-01-2010, 11:00 PM
There's some weird views on here.

The only reason Bamba misses out is if he's not fit enough after travelling back, surely. He's our best defender.

Great to see Hanlon progress but he's not better than the Sol man.

basehibby
28-01-2010, 11:19 PM

The only reason Bamba misses out is if he's not fit enough after travelling back, surely. He's our best defender.

Not saying he is - but it would be wrong to drop him straight away after that performance IMO. Besides - Sol's had a massive month and it makes sense to sort of ease him back in if possible.

joe_hfc
29-01-2010, 04:24 AM

_____________Smith

___________Zemmama

what a fantastic team. id have bamba and hogg swapping positions there, but looking at that team and formation, other clubs will be ****ting themselves. no weak link.when was the last time we had a team so strong? if that squad can stay injury free, we really don't need any more signings!!

brydekirk
29-01-2010, 06:44 AM

like it :agree:

RoscoHibby
29-01-2010, 06:55 AM
If fit and ready to go, Bamba will be back in at CB, of that I have no doubt. Hanlon has done well and Yogi has been championing him as a CB.

However, if you were at the 1st game of the season, you'd see saints come at us with Mehmet and Higdon up front, they started really well and made us look like midgets, Sol was brilliant in that game, set the tone for the season really.

They 2, if fit and playing, would have a field day with Hogg and Hanlon. Horses for courses as the gaffer says.

Dont think you can underestimate the impact Bamba has on the team. After he's crunched someone for the 1st time, you can actually see the fear on them and see them pullilng out of further tackles. Plus nobody will run away from him. Biggest, strongest, fastest defender we've got, he'll be in.

brydekirk
29-01-2010, 07:03 AM
hanlon is still learning, give him a start against montrose :agree:

sam armstrong
29-01-2010, 07:25 AM

He didn't but he still walks in to our best team. I would prefer Bamba and Hanlon but we should leave it up to the manager to decide. I think this will be a difficult game for us with St Mirren biting and scratching for a result.

GlesgaeHibby
29-01-2010, 08:01 AM
Same side for me.

Two great wins, give the guys the chance to get another one.

We have a lot of games coming up, so things will be changed anyway, but no need to start on Sat.

Bamba might have a touch of jet lag,
not sure why he should walk straight in, we lost 4 against Rangers and he was part of that.

Hanlon made some nice runs forward as well last night, he can play a bit as well as defend.

Yogi tends to know best; so not really worth debating on players selections on here.

Bamba was the only player that deserved pass marks that day for performance/effort.

It's a tough one, Hanlon doesn't deserve to be dropped, but can we honestly afford to leave one of our best players on the bench on saturday?

Every league game between now and the end of the season is massive if we have serious ambitions about 3rd place and Europe.

Hibstrooper
29-01-2010, 08:04 AM
Does anyone actually know if Bamba is back? It's been pretty quiet about his return.

If he was back there is no way I'd have in midfield. McBride seems to have brought new life to Rankin as well as Miller so I would continue with they three. Plus as pointed out earlier we would have two sitting midfielders in Bamba & McBride - is that the way we should be playing against St Mirren at home?

It's a hard call for Yogi though if he is back, glad I don't have to make the decision.

Tollhouse Hibee
29-01-2010, 11:55 AM
what a fantastic team. id have bamba and hogg swapping positions there, but looking at that team and formation, other clubs will be ****ting themselves. no weak link.when was the last time we had a team so strong? if that squad can stay injury free, we really don't need any more signings!!

i am afraid i must disagree,. we dont link up nearly as well without nish in the team so swap him for zouma. the rest works

lucky
29-01-2010, 12:11 PM
Hanlon has done well in the last two games. But Bamba is an established international center back. Many on here value in excess of £3m. So why would he be on the bench cos a young boy has played well twice?

Its a no brainer. If Bamba is back and feeling OK he plays. If not the Hanlon keeps his place. As for dropping Rankin, this also not going to happen. The midfield has looked solid with 3 players in there. Zemama is an impact player who plays when feels like it. He is very much in the Deano/Ivan role.

JimBHibees
29-01-2010, 12:38 PM

Agree completely Sol straight back in especially against a team with physical guys like Mehmet, possibly Higdon in it.