PDA

View Full Version : The sun really is a joke.

Ritchie
28-01-2010, 09:04 AM
Someone left a sun on my bus this morning so i read the match report from last night.

it was having a go at brines for disallowing the celtic goal saying "he was the only person in Celtic Park who knew why the goal was disallowed".

after watching the highlights he 100% correct to disallow it for samaras being offside.... and he was clearly involved in play as he challenged smith.

what a good result and im delighted for danny galbraith.

question for anyone who watched the game..... when galbraith came on did he stick with the same formation and just go for a straight swap with deek??

Hibbie0762
28-01-2010, 09:11 AM
Someone left a sun on my bus this morning so i read the match report from last night.

it was having a go at brines for disallowing the celtic goal saying "he was the only person in Celtic Park who knew why the goal was disallowed".

after watching the highlights he 100% correct to disallow it for samaras being offside.... and he was clearly involved in play as he challenged smith.

question for anyone who watched the game..... when galbraith came on did he stick with the same formation and just go for a straight swap with deek??The Sun is really only good for one thing, and even then the ink tends to come off on one's backside.

Mon Dieu4
28-01-2010, 09:13 AM
Daily Mail is worse, I had a glance at someone in works copy, they gave man of the match to Fortune :faf:

Saorsa
28-01-2010, 09:13 AM

question for anyone who watched the game..... when galbraith came on did he stick with the same formation and just go for a straight swap with deek??dinnae pick up other peoples rubbish :tsk tsk: :greengrin

ahibby
28-01-2010, 09:17 AM
They didn't watch it closely enough. Samaras knows he led with his arm in to Smith and that's why he didn't bother about sticking it in from an off side position. If they don't see that then they are blinkered and tunneled.

Cabbage East
28-01-2010, 09:18 AM
The Sun in being sh*t shocker.

Sean1875
28-01-2010, 09:21 AM

question for anyone who watched the game..... when galbraith came on did he stick with the same formation and just go for a straight swap with deek??

looked to me like galbraith played on the right and stevenson took riordans place on the left

Leithenhibby
28-01-2010, 09:27 AM
:music: Always look on the bright side o'life :music:

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2828052/Worse-than-Barnes.html

MB62
28-01-2010, 09:29 AM

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the disallowed goal, apart from Samar ass fouling Smith and being offside twice in the same move, that sort of thing is normally allowed at Darkheid.

Also found it strange that the reporter reckoned Fortune's goal was good strikers play, but Stokes goal, almost identical, was down to poor goalkeeping.

gogs_t
28-01-2010, 09:36 AM
No idea how anybody can argue about the disallowed goal. Samaras was offside when he then challenged the keeper with his elbow, and to top it off, kicked the ball as it was crossing the line - from an offside position!

Leithenhibby
28-01-2010, 10:35 AM
"Marc Crosas flighted in a free-kick which keeper Graeme Smith made a mess of as he attempted to punch clear. The ball dropped to O'Dea, who stabbed the ball into the net. It looked a good goal. But the referee's whistle went to leave the Celtic support almost spewing with rage".

What utter p!sh......:bitchy:

Why, o'why can't they just report it as it was....:cool2:

lapsedhibee
28-01-2010, 10:46 AM
Also found it strange that the reporter reckoned Fortune's goal was good strikers play, but Stokes goal, almost identical, was down to poor goalkeeping.

Was the reporter one J Regan? That's the gist of his worldview - that no-one ever wins against Celtc, they just lose it. The opposition is entirely peripheral to the vision.

givescotlandfreedom
28-01-2010, 10:52 AM
Tory rag

Winston Ingram
28-01-2010, 12:10 PM
They actually underlined it the paragraph about the disallowed goal. It was the most biased piece of 'journalism' I've seen in a long while.

...and surprise, surprise, the sitters that this erse mentioned weren't actually sitters at all:grr:

Ritchie
28-01-2010, 12:24 PM
They actually underlined it the paragraph about the disallowed goal. It was the most biased piece of 'journalism' I've seen in a long while.

...and surprise, surprise, the sitters that this erse mentioned weren't actually sitters at all:grr:

yeh, i noticed that :grr: ..... serves me right for reading it i suppose! :rolleyes:

--------
28-01-2010, 12:30 PM
"Marc Crosas flighted in a free-kick which keeper Graeme Smith made a mess of as he attempted to punch clear. The ball dropped to O'Dea, who stabbed the ball into the net. It looked a good goal. But the referee's whistle went to leave the Celtic support almost spewing with rage".

What utter p!sh......:bitchy:

Why, o'why can't they just report it as it was....:cool2:

Samaras offside as the ball is played in. Free kick Hibs.

Samaras lunges at Smith with his elbow raised - aiming at Smith's throat, from what I could see. Fouls him. Free kick Hibs - probable yellow, maybe even a red card in some leagues these days.

Clear enough to me.

They don't report it as it was because they're the lowest of the low-life that make up the tabloid press and their only reason for existence is to tell their ignorant and depraved readership what their ignorant and depraved readership already think they know, and to pander to their ignorant and depraved readership's ignorant and depraved tastes.

And BREATHE.... :devil:

Tinyclothes
28-01-2010, 12:30 PM
Don't buy the S*n and don't read the S*n. Tinyclothes' 1st rule of life.

johnbc70
28-01-2010, 12:31 PM
The Suns report also says Stokes set up Galbraith for the winner, while Stokes was involved it was Rankin who set him up and passed to Galbraith. But hey why the the facts ruin a good story.