PDA

View Full Version : Yogi in today's Gerald.......

KerPlunk
28-01-2010, 08:01 AM
The Hibernian manager, John Hughes, played down the prospect of his young side splitting the Old Firm despite being only two points behind Celtic after 21 matches.

“I’m not getting carried away. I just want third spot and a place in Europe. There’s no chance of second. Celtic are still miles out in front of us but we’ll keep digging in. It’s nice to challenge our boys, though, and test the characters
 in our dressing room.

“Is it my best night as Hibs manager? No, that was the night I became the manager.”

:cool2:

cwilliamson85
28-01-2010, 08:03 AM
:applause::notworthy::applause::

GraniteCityHibs
28-01-2010, 08:06 AM
:thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
28-01-2010, 08:08 AM
The Hibernian manager, John Hughes, played down the prospect of his young side splitting the Old Firm despite being only two points behind Celtic after 21 matches.

“I’m not getting carried away. I just want third spot and a place in Europe. There’s no chance of second. Celtic are still miles out in front of us but we’ll keep digging in. It’s nice to challenge our boys, though, and test the characters
 in our dressing room.

“Is it my best night as Hibs manager? No, that was the night I became the manager.”

Secretly he will be telling himself that Celtic are gash and with the right attitude from the players and staying free from injury we have a wee chance of 2nd. Let Celtic have the diddy Europa League place.

bighairyfaeleith
28-01-2010, 08:08 AM
:thumbsup:

stubru59
28-01-2010, 08:51 AM
A couple of defenders and we would be in with a good chance of second spot.

Our only problem is the lack of in-depth quality on the bench. Key players like McBride and Miller need to be available throughout the season.

I actually think we can split the OF but will go with third place - for now.

Jack
28-01-2010, 10:41 AM
Smart move by Yogi saying 3rd is his target for the season and when he said it too.

It is realistic given the position we’re in and still a challenge.

It got the media off his back about any challenge to their OF pals.

It means if we do come in 2nd we’ve beaten our target – always very, very satisfying.

I reckon Celtc ‘relaxed’ a bit in the knowledge we ‘knew our place’, became a bit complacent. And I reckon that’s helped us do them too.

blackpoolhibs
28-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Did Gerald enjoy it?:wink:

HibbyAndy
28-01-2010, 11:34 AM
Did Gerald enjoy it?:wink:

:hilarious

JimBHibees
28-01-2010, 09:03 PM

in our dressing room.

Superb line by Yogi.

southfieldshibby
28-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Don't get me wrong..i'm a happily married man, but i think i Love Yogi!!

:greengrin:top marks

EasterRoad4Ever
28-01-2010, 10:12 PM
[QUOTE=KerPlunk;2325615]

That's got to be quote of the year, and music to Hibs fans ears :agree: Its not the kind of thing you plan to say so is likely to have come straight from the heart.

Top man and top line, Yogi :thumbsup:

basehibby
29-01-2010, 12:09 AM

in our dressing room.

:thumbsup:Superb quote from Yogi - He's the MAN :cool2:

MountcastleHibs
29-01-2010, 12:17 AM

in our dressing room.

:top marks

And that's why the big man will have to be sacked before he leaves this football club that he loves so dearly imo :thumbsup:

jacomo
29-01-2010, 12:30 AM
If you listen to Yogi here, though, it's pretty clear that his longer-term aim is to take on the OF.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8481860.stm

The man's got ambitions for this club.

monktonharp
29-01-2010, 12:44 AM
A couple of defenders and we would be in with a good chance of second spot.

Our only problem is the lack of in-depth quality on the bench. Key players like McBride and Miller need to be available throughout the season.

I actually think we can split the OF but will go with third place - for now.a couple more like Ian Murray would do me. he seems like he believes things can happen,when you see him driving forward.

MWHIBBIES
29-01-2010, 12:48 AM
All that wasted time at falkirk when we had *****ing mixu.