PDA

View Full Version : Men on the posts at corners

FrankDiscussion
28-01-2010, 01:52 AM
Without putting a dampner on tonight's result, why is it that we rarely have a man stick to his post at corners?

As far as I can see, wee Lewis is the only boy who consistently sticks to his post until the ball is well clear. Aside from him, the last guy who could do it was Scotty Broon. All others, of they even line up there, drift as the ball comes in, ball-watching.

It drives me mental. The goal Celtic scored tonight, whilst it was pot-luck that it didn't go over the bar given Fortune's "proflific" record, we didn't have a man on either stick and I'd say that Smith's job would've been made a decent bit bit easier if we'd at least had a man at the front post.

Any thoughts?

The_Horde
28-01-2010, 01:54 AM
Without putting a dampner on tonight's result, why is it that we rarely have a man stick to his post at corners?

As far as I can see, wee Lewis is the only boy who consistently sticks to his post until the ball is well clear. Aside from him, the last guy who could do it was Scotty Broon. All others, of they even line up there, drift as the ball comes in, ball-watching.

It drives me mental. The goal Celtic scored tonight, whilst it was pot-luck that it didn't go over the bar given Fortune's "proflific" record, we didn't have a man on either stick and I'd say that Smith's job would've been made a decent bit bit easier if we'd at least had a man at the front post.

Any thoughts?

I ****ing love the hibees.

Nailrod
28-01-2010, 06:32 AM

Any thoughts?
I agree. You should have a man on both posts until the ball is cleared. That also makes it far easier for the keeper to make a decision to come out for the ball.

Likewise on those curling free kicks from out wide. You see a lot of goals scored from them nowadays. Sadly, I think there was an example at Tynie last night :wink:. I would have a defender running straight in to cover the back post as soon as the free kicker approaches the ball. Again it would make the keeper's decision a lot easier.