PDA

View Full Version : Rankin

NoTottiNoParty
28-01-2010, 12:24 AM
Special mention to the man who is always the first to take the blame when things go wrong. Although he struggled in the first half- he dug in for the 90 minutes.
This was evident in the 90th minute when he cleared the ball from the edge of his box and covered a hell of a lot of ground to support the attack and set up the goal!
May not be the most gifted player in the team but his work-rate is superb!

God Petrie
28-01-2010, 12:27 AM
Didn't realise he was the one who cleared it for the goal. Amazing bit of work to set up the goal. Thought Stokes did well too to hold the ball up.

Wotherspiniesta
28-01-2010, 12:35 AM
Another player benefiting (albeit on a smaller scale to Miller) from the return of McBride.

He gives the midfield a great balance and every team needs a player to go through as much work as Rankin. Some engine he has.

(((Fergus)))
28-01-2010, 12:46 AM
Special mention to the man who is always the first to take the blame when things go wrong. Although he struggled in the first half- he dug in for the 90 minutes.
This was evident in the 90th minute when he cleared the ball from the edge of his box and covered a hell of a lot of ground to support the attack and set up the goal!
May not be the most gifted player in the team but his work-rate is superb!

Was just going to post this. :grr:

Respect to Mr Rankin who takes a hell of a lot of stick but never gives up.

:notworthy:

SRHibs
28-01-2010, 12:48 AM
Thought he was pish once again tbh. Time after time, attack would break down because of his abysmal passing. Luckily, one of his few completed passes was one that resulted in a goal.:agree:

crewetollhibee
28-01-2010, 12:56 AM
Two moments in the the last 3 months won't convince me just yet I'm afraid. Do it again and again and again ad nauseam, and stop trying to score from 50 yards, and I might be convinced. Sorry but 1 (or in this instance 2) swallows do not a summer make. Please please prove me, and more than a few fellow doubters, horribly wrong !!!!!

NoTottiNoParty
28-01-2010, 01:00 AM
Thought he was pish once again tbh. Time after time, attack would break down because of his abysmal passing. Luckily, one of his few completed passes was one that resulted in a goal.:agree:

No i actually agree that i dont think he was too great tonight. I like the fact that he never hides and always gives his all though! still a useful player in our squad

(((Fergus)))
28-01-2010, 01:32 AM
Thought he was pish once again tbh. Time after time, attack would break down because of his abysmal passing. Luckily, two of his few completed passes resulted in a goal.:agree:

Fixed that for you.

Not saying he's a great player or anything, just want to acknowledge his qualities - stamina, commitment - that were instrumental in Hibs winning the game tonight. The quality of his two passes wasn't too shabby either - especially after 92 minutes of football at Parkhead.