PDA

View Full Version : Just Back - A Word For The Fans Tonight

The Voice Of Reason
27-01-2010, 11:45 PM
Just back in - still absoloutely buzzing ! :thumbsup::hyper:

What a tremendous showing from the Hibs Fans tonight, a brilliant atmosphere, hope it came across loud and clear on the telly ?

Well done to everyone on and off he pitch - TREMENDOUS ! :thumbsup: :top marks

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ! :greengrin :thumbsup:

Hainan Hibs
27-01-2010, 11:47 PM
Heard all the songs loud and clear, the fans were fantastic:thumbsup:

God Petrie
27-01-2010, 11:48 PM
Hibs fans were in great form this evening.

Glad "if it wasn't for the hibees you'd be huns" got an airing.

Don't think I've celebrated a goal so much since the last minute john o'neil equaliser at tynie.

The Voice Of Reason
27-01-2010, 11:50 PM
Hibs fans were in great form this evening.

Glad "if it wasn't for the hibees you'd be huns" got an airing.

Don't think I've celebrated a goal so much since the last minute john o'neil equaliser at tynie.

Same here mate - spot on :agree: :thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
27-01-2010, 11:50 PM

What a tremendous showing from the Hibs Fans tonight, a brilliant atmosphere, hope it came across loud and clear on the telly ?

:agree: :nade::nade: :thumbsup:

:notworthy: :notworthy:

The Voice Of Reason
27-01-2010, 11:51 PM
Heard all the songs loud and clear, the fans were fantastic:thumbsup:

Glad to hear that buddy........I am extremely hoarse, but who cares ! :thumbsup:

God Petrie
27-01-2010, 11:51 PM
Athough I don't think it involved Hibs fans, what was the deal with the trouble after the game on the main road. Seen a couple of guys get surrounded by about a thousand monkeys chanting 'THE I THE I THE IRA". Seemed like the locals had a short temper for some reason.

silverhibee
27-01-2010, 11:53 PM
Yep, certainly enjoyed that one, and to get the goal with only minutes to go which makes it all the sweeter against that manky mob.:notworthy::notworthy:

7Hero
27-01-2010, 11:54 PM
away support was excellent, just wish we could be this vociforous at home...

EH6 Hibby
27-01-2010, 11:55 PM
Athough I don't think it involved Hibs fans, what was the deal with the trouble after the game on the main road. Seen a couple of guys get surrounded by about a thousand monkeys chanting 'THE I THE I THE IRA". Seemed like the locals had a short temper for some reason.

I very nearly got caught up in that, I had to drag my brother away cause he almost got set about by the group your talking about, scary stuff. I thought there would have been some segregation but we came out right beside the Celtc fans and the majority of them were not happy.

HibeeMcGinn1
27-01-2010, 11:56 PM
Thought we had a great support tonight, even when we were gettin beat we were still loud. I know it as a laugh but I didnt really like the Tony Mowbray monkeys head chants

fatbloke
27-01-2010, 11:59 PM
Thought we had a great support tonight, even when we were gettin beat we were still loud. I know it as a laugh but I didnt really like the Tony Mowbray monkeys head chants

Correct noy clever, short memories some but the again he did leave....

Anyway get tae yer bed yer da's probably got a hard day the morn!!!

God Petrie
28-01-2010, 12:00 AM
Think the "We are the people" chants worked an absolute treat in noising the lesser greens up. Can't believed we haven't used it before to wind up Celtic fans.

The_Horde
28-01-2010, 12:01 AM

It's just a bit of banter at the end of the day.

Relax, its nae wonder the east is deid the now. :yawn:

The Voice Of Reason
28-01-2010, 12:01 AM

See my post on the Celtic Fans NOT being the "best fans in the world".

T&ssers.

The Voice Of Reason
28-01-2010, 12:02 AM
Think the "We are the people" chants worked an absolute treat in noising the lesser greens up. Can't believed we haven't used it before to wind up Celtic fans.

Agreed :agree:

That is a must for every game vs Celtic from now on ! :thumbsup:

fatbloke
28-01-2010, 12:04 AM
See my post on the Celtic Fans NOT being the "best fans in the world".

T&ssers.

They themselves are the only one's who believe that 5h1t, just as I am the only person on earth who thinks and believes that I am God's gift to women.:wink:

The Voice Of Reason
28-01-2010, 12:08 AM
They themselves are the only one's who believe that 5h1t, just as I am the only person on earth who thinks and believes that I am God's gift to women.:wink:

:faf: :thumbsup:

Newhaven
28-01-2010, 02:09 AM
Great support and thankfully 'THAT' pillar didn't prevent me seeing Danny's famous goal.

The guy that got booted out for smoking in the shunkies at half time must be wondering what he missed :faf:

Sandy
28-01-2010, 05:22 AM
Listened in via the net, and the away support was very vociferous , I now have a hangover in a 'Dry' country not good :greengrin :notworthy:

frazeHFC
28-01-2010, 06:58 AM
How many fans did we bring, looked quite a bit on the video posted on here?

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

brythehibby
28-01-2010, 07:06 AM

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ! :greengrin :thumbsup:

Absolutely brilliant last night from all hi-bees there. Nights like that are why I love football and hibs. I was resigned to taking a point at least in the last 20 then 1 chance and bang what a finish. :top marks everyone brilliant night. You saw what it meant to the players as well at ft. They enjoyed that more than us. :agree:

GG

Green Man
28-01-2010, 07:09 AM
The Hibs songs were coming over loud and clear all night. Top marks to all of you who went through. :top marks

Nando™
28-01-2010, 07:12 AM
Absolutely brilliant last night from all hi-bees there. Nights like that are why I love football and hibs. I was resigned to taking a point at least in the last 20 then 1 chance and bang what a finish. :top marks everyone brilliant night. You saw what it meant to the players as well at ft. They enjoyed that more than us. :agree:

GG
You're having a laugh :wink:

brythehibby
28-01-2010, 07:26 AM
You're having a laugh :wink:

Stating the obvious I know :greengrin

KWJ
28-01-2010, 07:27 AM
Heard the Hibees all the way from Darwin. Good job lads!

Dashing Bob S
28-01-2010, 07:29 AM

Didn't it just! They were like my cat when I go to the cupboard and pull out a tin and tin-opener! Sorry, old chap, it's not your Kit-i-kat, it's just a tin of soup for Bobby here!

Could have been sung all night and would induced the mouth-frothing Pavlovian response every single time. Absolutely priceless.

Was even pulled up in a charming Gallowgate hostelry called Fiveways for this after the game, where we decided to stop off to let the crowds disperse. 'Whit's aw the we are the peepil stuff, big man?' we were asked by this moon-faced character.

I told him, "you chaps play 'Let The People Sing' a ballad of old Erin, so we thought we'd sing 'We Are The People', thus showing solidarity with our Irish brethern."

He looked a me in drooling incomprehension for a second or two, then said "But it's a Rangers song!"

I feined surprise then replied something along the lines of how heartening it was to see Rangers fans taking the peace process seriously and reaching out with non sectarian song and trying to build bridges with the Celtic support. I was finding it increasingly hard to keep a straight face by then though, and he started to go on about the ******s version of the politics of 16th century Ireland, so it was time to leave before extreme brain fatigue set in.

All in all though, an immensely satisfying night for Edinburgh football, even driving home and learning of the Hawrts reverse couldn't quite take the sheen off it.

Sean1875
28-01-2010, 08:14 AM
First time at parkhead last night and absolutely loved it, brilliant support from the Hibs fans and players last night, outstanding :agree::top marks

MrSmith
28-01-2010, 08:34 AM
Didn't it just! They were like my cat when I go to the cupboard and pull out a tin and tin-opener! Sorry, old chap, it's not your Kit-i-kat, it's just a tin of soup for Bobby here!

Could have been sung all night and would induced the mouth-frothing Pavlovian response every single time. Absolutely priceless.

Was even pulled up in a charming Gallowgate hostelry called Fiveways for this after the game, where we decided to stop off to let the crowds disperse. 'Whit's aw the we are the peepil stuff, big man?' we were asked by this moon-faced character.

I told him, "you chaps play 'Let The People Sing' a ballad of old Erin, so we thought we'd sing 'We Are The People', thus showing solidarity with our Irish brethern."

He looked a me in drooling incomprehension for a second or two, then said "But it's a Rangers song!"

I feined surprise then replied something along the lines of how heartening it was to see Rangers fans taking the peace process seriously and reaching out with non sectarian song and trying to build bridges with the Celtic support. I was finding it increasingly hard to keep a straight face by then though, and he started to go on about the ******s version of the politics of 16th century Ireland, so it was time to leave before extreme brain fatigue set in.

All in all though, an immensely satisfying night for Edinburgh football, even driving home and learning of the Hawrts reverse couldn't quite take the sheen off it.

Hilarious!

I'm sitting at work with Parkhead in view...I have just read this post out to the Talking Newspaper class, they are all laughing their heads off:faf:

Cheers DBs you hae significantly brightened up our morning!

Antifa Hibs
28-01-2010, 01:03 PM
Quality Hibs support again. Two thirds standing for the whole match which was good to see, plenty singing throughout, slagging songs where top notch aswell :agree:

Those stuck doon the front must've been gutted, back 2 thirds of the stand going mental, doon the front seemed calm as ****, poshies for ya :wink:

Joe Baker II
28-01-2010, 01:36 PM
Quality Hibs support again. Two thirds standing for the whole match which was good to see, plenty singing throughout, slagging songs where top notch aswell :agree:

Those stuck doon the front must've been gutted, back 2 thirds of the stand going mental, doon the front seemed calm as ****, poshies for ya :wink:

Quality last night - I was right up the front last night and was still pretty good btw. Some good drinks in the Celtic pubs in the Gallowgate before and after also - quality evening.

HibbyKeith
28-01-2010, 01:48 PM

a good majority couldnt sit even if they wanted to, the amount of seats with a back but nothing to sit on was astounding!

one of the best stadiums in britain they say, i say my arse :wink:

(took a pic on my phone, but not sure how to get it on here)

WHUHibs
28-01-2010, 01:49 PM
Not only was the singing the best I have heard for a long time but the Police were excellent.

Got a nice thumbs up from the officer in the box at the end of the game! Also when the little stoats tried to get near us to start singing they were moved....

Enjoyed the chants but something to rival "we are the people" was "theres only one Liam Miller" they hated that!

Finally just before the boys celebrated at our end the gay goalie punted the ball high towards us in anger....not only does he not like losing but has a real thing about us! However, the celebration of Smith at the end showed us all what this victory meant not only to us but the team as well!

If Heineken could............

Rory89
28-01-2010, 02:07 PM
Quality away support, it's always the Hibs supports in smaller numbers that make the best noise. In my 4 years of Hibs away games it was up there with the huns away SC game and Hearts away last season. I was walking up the steps when Celtic scored and missed the goal, but whilst losing, drawing and then winning, we outsung those rats all night. Next time some old firm billy big shot takes the piss out of our support, just tell them that 700 or so Hibees are worth far more than 40,000 of them.

They are such sore losers.

When we left the ground I was so happy I was just singing away not thinking about where I was, then when I'd calmed down 5 minutes later I was quickly reminded that I was in a third world place full of inbred jakes. Seriously time machines do exist, because I got in a taxi on Sauchihall Street in 2010 and came out in Bridgeton in the 1960's.

Fair play to the big laddie walking up London Road getting dogs abuse from brave Celtic fans (in a big group of course) giving it "you're just a fat speccy *******" and "get your tits out for the lads". He clearly knew they were raging and didn't let their poor attempts to rile him stop him having a sing. Top marks. :thumbsup:

HibbyKeith
28-01-2010, 02:12 PM
got it uploaded, hows about this for hospitality :faf:

http://img13.imageshack.us/i/picture230y.jpg/

djs69
28-01-2010, 02:37 PM
Superb night, their fans were so quiet throughout. Well done boys, our support was quality. Standing for the whole game and some cracking chants to wind up the locals. "you've got clymidia, you've got clymidia" to the wee bird with the group of neds was hilarious. Well worth the trip up.

HibeeMcGinn1
28-01-2010, 07:35 PM
It's just a bit of banter at the end of the day.

Relax, its nae wonder the east is deid the now. :yawn:

dinny geez yir pish. been to every game this year and sang my heart out from start to finish but dont see the need in slagging off a manager that we loved and never said a bad word about us

Nando™
28-01-2010, 07:40 PM
dinny geez yir pish. been to every game this year and sang my heart out from start to finish but dont see the need in slagging off a manager that we loved and never said a bad word about us
It's more about what he did.

madgoalie87
28-01-2010, 07:44 PM
It's more about what he did.

Correct. That huddle at er showd he has no respect for us and a severe lack of class imo.

lyonhibs
28-01-2010, 07:46 PM
got it uploaded, hows about this for hospitality :faf:

http://img13.imageshack.us/i/picture230y.jpg/ (http://img13.imageshack.us/i/picture230y.jpg/)

Merely the points I was making in a previous thread.

Septic Park is - architecturally speaking - a complete and utter turd basket, located slap bang in the 1860's.

Congratulations to all those who went through and had a great night, but make sure you get your flu jabs done within the next 7 days and have a good chemical scrub before returning to work or close proximity to the missus!! :greengrin

HibeeMcGinn1
28-01-2010, 07:48 PM
Correct. That huddle at er showd he has no respect for us and a severe lack of class imo.

aye ill give you that

EasterRoad4Ever
28-01-2010, 09:20 PM

Saw that on the vid. Works even better to wind up the Huns. They REALLY hate that :greengrin

Nakedmanoncrack
28-01-2010, 10:07 PM
They are such sore losers.

Fair play to the big laddie walking up London Road getting dogs abuse from brave Celtic fans (in a big group of course) giving it "you're just a fat speccy *******" and "get your tits out for the lads". He clearly knew they were raging and didn't let their poor attempts to rile him stop him having a sing. Top marks. :thumbsup:

Think he was part of the group of Hibs fans who marched through the hordes along London Road to Bridgeton station, singing all the way.
:flag:

Ed De Gramo
28-01-2010, 10:14 PM
The fans were immense last night :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Even the classic 'Bolton Away' chant got aired: 'you've got chlamydia!' :greengrin

Great night and really enjoyed my 1st trip to 'Paradise' :faf:

Sir David Gray
28-01-2010, 10:25 PM
Last night was immense. :thumbsup:

It was my first trip to Parkhead and although the view for me in the disabled section was absolutely woeful (certainly in comparison with Ibrox) I really couldn't have cared less when that goal went in and the subsequent celebrations on full time were just brilliant.

"We arra peepul!" :thumbsup:

Rory89
29-01-2010, 03:41 PM
Think he was part of the group of Hibs fans who marched through the hordes along London Road to Bridgeton station, singing all the way.
:flag:

I know you're not suggesting that someone deserves abuse for celebrating their teams win because they're in a group, but some of these Celtic fans must have been away to support their team and seen how their own behave. Whenever they visit ER they turn up in their hordes and swan about like they own the place, pished as ***** at 12 in the day and using the streets as a place to empty their pockets and their bladders.

We get a win and a few fans want to celebrate as they would going down the street, so the Celtic fans do the brave thing and pick out one bloke and follow him down the street giving him dogs abuse. Fair play to the guy though he kept going. :top marks