PDA

View Full Version : Media BBC Highlights - Celtc 1 Hibs 2

RoxburghHibs
27-01-2010, 09:18 PM
Are the highlights of tonights game on the TV or HI tonight?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8484344.stm

davym7062

bbc at midnight:thumbsup:

James.
I think they'll be on the BBC site after 12 :agree:

Lofarl
27-01-2010, 09:19 PM
I heard midnight on Beeb website, but this was overheard so dunno if its true

Mikey
27-01-2010, 09:25 PM
Just showed the goals from the game on SSN.

SlickShoes
27-01-2010, 09:36 PM
The whole game will be on BT Visions on demand sport thing from 2am so i intend to enjoy this tomorrow evening!

basehibby
27-01-2010, 10:04 PM
The whole game will be on BT Visions on demand sport thing from 2am so i intend to enjoy this tomorrow evening!

:thumbsup:Cheers for pointing that out - that's my thursday night viewing sorted! :cool2:

Jonnyboy
27-01-2010, 10:17 PM
Smellsick player blatantly dives, ball cleared, Stokes in his OWN HALF so onside, fantastic energy by Danny and the much maligned Rankin to get up in support

As they say through by "Get it right roond yeh's" :greengrin

sunshine1875
27-01-2010, 10:18 PM

About to show the SPL action on Sky Sports News. They should the goals from Parkhead earlier.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

BroxburnHibee
27-01-2010, 10:20 PM
Smellsick player blatantly dives, ball cleared, Stokes in his OWN HALF so onside, fantastic energy by Danny and the much maligned Rankin to get up in support

Fair play to Brines - that was as blatant a dive as you're ever likely to see - he could have quite easily stopped play and booked him.

Saying that he didn't book him after - maybe he didn't see it :greengrin

Hiber-nation
27-01-2010, 10:24 PM
Cheers........great goal !

Who was it that played the long ball from the back?

Looked like Rankin, if so he made up some ground to make the assist.

****in different class Hibs, sensational :thumbsup:

sunshine1875
27-01-2010, 10:26 PM
About to show the SPL action on Sky Sports News. They should the goals from Parkhead earlier.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just on. Fantastic. Tony didn't seem happy!

noseyhibby
27-01-2010, 10:30 PM
:agree: Never off, and never a freekick at the other end

GIRFUY

Ya bunch of smelly greetin' faced *****

Whatsmore, the cheatin' Celt Ki (or whatever his name is) should have been booked (after Hibs scored of course)for a blatant dive. The look on his face when he jumped to his feet and realised that not only did he get b-gger all for his pathetic attempt but that he'd helped Hibs break away for the killer goal. Priceless!

Delboy4
27-01-2010, 10:35 PM
Thanks for that...

Just noticed that it was Rankin who played the ball up to Stokes then ran up the park to play the ball to Galbraith - well done as he could have just watched and admired his pass. :top marks

Barney McGrew
27-01-2010, 10:39 PM
Just noticed that it was Rankin who played the ball up to Stokes then ran up the park to play the ball to Galbraith - well done as he could have just watched and admired his pass. :top marks

It couldn't have been - he offers nothing to the team apparently.

I believe that's his fourth or fifth assist this season :cool2:

Stenny
27-01-2010, 10:42 PM
Superb, cheers. Just what I needed to see. :greengrin

Definately onside, no question about that... :agree:

zlatan
27-01-2010, 10:44 PM
It couldn't have been - he offers nothing to the team apparently.

I believe that's his fourth or fifth assist this season :cool2:

It was probably the first pass in the 2nd half that he actually found a Hibs player with when on the attack :cool2:

But tonights not about that kind of chat :thumbsup:

anon1
27-01-2010, 10:45 PM
Brilliant result!!

For as much as I think Mowbray deseves time there at Septic..... naaaaawww

:top marks

basehibby
27-01-2010, 11:03 PM
They're up - YAAAAAAS

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8484344.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8484344.stm)

jamiehibee
27-01-2010, 11:04 PM
That's them up!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8484344.stm

AndyB_70
27-01-2010, 11:05 PM
Celtic v Hibernian (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8484344.stm)
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Delboy4
27-01-2010, 11:07 PM
Been waiting up tonight to watch the game again...

Yaaaaaassss...!
:thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
27-01-2010, 11:09 PM
Confirmation (as if it was needed) that the Smellsick player dived and Danny was onside

Get it right up ye Celtic

Hainan Hibs
27-01-2010, 11:10 PM
:top marks:thumbsup::top marks:thumbsup:

I love how Rob Maclean describes it as a "highly dramatic" win for us in his monotone voice:greengrin

I could sit and watch that second goal all night:thumbsup:

Here's another angle of Boruc at the first goal,

YouTube - Salmon Jumping (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggubkL_-cpQ&feature=related)

PatHead
27-01-2010, 11:15 PM
Great video! Can go to bed with a smile on my face now by the way does anyone else think Samaras is the new Nade? LOL when he missed that sitter

Archie70
27-01-2010, 11:22 PM
On BBC, don't know how to do links!
Watch Galbraith after he scores the winner he gives it a "I'm going to take my jersey of and celebrate, eh no I'm not"
Stokes scored the first and held it up suberbly for second. Just how good is he!

--------
27-01-2010, 11:49 PM
We may have ridden our luck at times, but those highlights confirm that the ref was right to disallow the Celtic 'goal' towards the end of the first half; that the the Korean blatantly dived just before Galbraith's goal and should have been booked afterwards; and that Galbraith was right in line with the last defender when the ball was played through by Rankin - NOT OFFSIDE.

Some save that Smith made from McGinn - get that man signed up long-term NOW, Yogi!

I'm gonnae watch it again, then off to bed to dream sweet dreams of the Champions' League..... :devil:

The Voice Of Reason
27-01-2010, 11:58 PM
Thanks for that...

I was about to post the same thing.

Credit where credit is due :agree:

--------
28-01-2010, 12:03 AM
I notice that the Korean threw himself earlier on - this looks as if it's a major element of his game, as much as it is of McGeady's.

And in case you missed it, around the 50-second mark there's a cracking tackle from Paul Hanlon in our box - if he gets it wrong, it's a penalty and a red card and we're playing 80 minutes plus with only 10 men. But he times it to perfection.

Can anyone see what Stokes is supposed to have done to 'react' when he was clattered in the first half? Apart from a wee bit of the verbals?

What an utterly BEAUTIFUL winning goal! :thumbsup:

I begin to feel that the plan is coming together.... :devil:

vein
28-01-2010, 12:56 AM
Cant believe this, I'm stuck in the office on my own in Dublin at silly o'clock, seen that link and thought excellent I'll have a wee look at the highlights. Click on the link and I get.......

"Cannot play media. Sorry, this media is not available in your territory."

:grr:

Still, the result has fair cheered me up tonight :thumbsup:

Haymaker
28-01-2010, 03:28 AM
That wee Korean fella was mentioned as being "a real physical threat" I think by the commentator... im sure he either falls over or runs into trouble and cant do much... fair play the one time he slipped in O'dea i think for samaras glaring miss!

hibsbollah
28-01-2010, 07:37 AM
Smith's save on 3.10ish, unbelievable:top marks
Rankins composure in timing the pass to Goalbraith:top marks
Goalbraiths finish:top marks

Mister P
28-01-2010, 07:42 AM

:top marks

cheatin wee tim diving...probably looking for a free kick opportunity to grab a last minute winner.

Stokesy well n truelly onside..

Danny well onside also...
:notworthy:

Broken Gnome
28-01-2010, 02:58 PM
On BBC, don't know how to do links!
Watch Galbraith after he scores the winner he gives it a "I'm going to take my jersey of and celebrate, eh no I'm not"
Stokes scored the first and held it up suberbly for second. Just how good is he!

Still baffles me why players even think to do that when they score....

Ki's dive, in position, desperation and timing..... beautifully Nakamuraesque.

KerPlunk
28-01-2010, 05:06 PM
Still baffles me why players even think to do that when they score....

Ki's dive, in position, desperation and timing..... beautifully Nakamuraesque.

A 13 letter word containing 7 vowels. :cool2:

You must have been up half the night, Ricardo. :devil:

hibiedude
28-01-2010, 05:23 PM
I was at the game but missed the first 10 mintes due to traffic problems

Glad to see it not just us that miss chance after chance in front of goal.

The Ref had a great game.

Alfred E Newman
28-01-2010, 07:15 PM
After all the usual guff in todays papers it was interesting to see that the ref was correct to chalk off Celtics "goal" for off side and that Galbraith was on for the winner. Makes a change to see marginal decisions go our way in Glasgow for a change.

NOLA
28-01-2010, 07:19 PM
how did samaras miss with the header! GIRUY:thumbsup:

Winston Ingram
28-01-2010, 07:21 PM
Nice of Rob McLean to give up 5 mins to do the commentary. What time do you reckon he started? 11.45pm?

lyonhibs
28-01-2010, 07:22 PM
How many times have you watched the BBC Highlights online?

I, seriously, must be on about viewing number 25 today, and you know, it's not getting boring!!

Fantastic result :hnet::thumbsup:

essexhibee
28-01-2010, 07:48 PM
Absolutely brilliant, Galbraith looks stunned as any of us, doesnt no what to do ,goes to take off the shirt :thumbsup: that dive by there Korean boy was embarrassing! Tony Mowbray has lost the plot if he thinks that was a free-kick :confused:

lapsedhibee
28-01-2010, 08:30 PM
that dive by there Korean boy was embarrassing! Tony Mowbray has lost the plot if he thinks that was a free-kick :confused:

Did he refuse to look at the video? :dunno:

mully_bear
28-01-2010, 10:35 PM
what about the the perods in the game when we zipped the ball about 8-15 passes ???????????/

and the chance stokes had ????

Ed De Gramo
28-01-2010, 10:37 PM
what about the the perods in the game when we zipped the ball about 8-15 passes ???????????/

and the chance stokes had ????

cannae whack Rob McLean's traditional match winning speech for Hibs

'and Hibs have surely *won the Edinburgh Derby*/ *Beaten Celtic*' :thumbsup:

Carheenlea
28-01-2010, 10:39 PM
Or Samaras`late lunge on Smith before HT.

Haymaker
29-01-2010, 03:46 AM
Did he refuse to look at the video? :dunno:

He doesnt need too, it was obviously a free kick

:blah::faf::cool2:

Allant1981
29-01-2010, 08:36 PM
Cant believe the highlights didnt show boruc kicking the ball into the hibs fans after the game, he is a tosser

HibsMax
30-01-2010, 01:17 PM
Any video for the peeps that Beeb won't let watch?