PDA

View Full Version : Goalkeepers

H18sry
27-01-2010, 09:12 PM
If we had, had a decent goalie from the start of the season who knows how many points we may have accrued by now. :cool2:

Well done Smithy another 1st class display:thumbsup:

--------
27-01-2010, 09:14 PM
If we had, had a decent goalie from the start of the season who knows how many points we may have accrued by now.

Let's not go down this road. :bitchy:

Suffice to say that Smiffy seems to have played a blinder tonight.

danger1875
27-01-2010, 10:19 PM
If we had, had a decent goalie from the start of the season who knows how many points we may have accrued by now. :cool2:

Well done Smithy another 1st class display:thumbsup:

:stirrer::stirrer:

H18sry
28-01-2010, 08:29 AM
:stirrer::stirrer:

Not stirring, just a genuine observation, if we had a decent keeper from the start heaven knows how many points we may have had.

Jack
28-01-2010, 09:20 AM
Our defensive unit have conceded fewer goals so far this season than at any time in our recent, and probably not so recent, past.

Everyone has played their part in achieving this and in the absence of HS I’ll say Maka done his fair share too. 3 shut outs in 7 games conceding at an average of 1 a game – including the 4 against Rangers where the whole defence was posted missing.

His record is almost as good as Iker Casillas Fernández :greengrin

Phil MaGlass
28-01-2010, 09:23 AM
All our keepers have pulled their weight, the defence,midfield and forwards have all been to blame for goals scored against us(how few they have been) this season, so lets not single out our goalies again

maturehibby
28-01-2010, 09:44 AM
we havent missed big Jones at all if the goals against is as good as stated -I thought that Jones put the fear of death in big Makka and that was areason that he flapped and made mistakes when behind big Rob- correct me if you disagree

H18sry
28-01-2010, 09:45 AM
we havent missed big Jones at all if the goals against is as good as stated -I thought that Jones put the fear of death in big Makka and that was areason that he flapped and made mistakes when behind big Rob- correct me if you disagree

Cant recall Jones playing against St Midden this season away :duck:

givescotlandfreedom
28-01-2010, 09:55 AM

:agree: Jones and Maka didn't work as a combination whilst Maka makes mistakes so did Jones and often his communication towards Maka was awful and Maka would have needed to have been a mind reader at times to know what Jones wanted him to do. Then again Jones always had someone to blame for his own errors.

Part/Time Supporter
28-01-2010, 09:59 AM
The only game that was really screwed up by the keepers (ie Maka) was the Huns home game. Hibs might have lost that one (narrowly) anyway.

What has cost Hibs points is a lack of depth (eg when McBride was out) and waiting 5-10 games for Stokes to hit his straps. Even that is really nit picking.

Mikeystewart
28-01-2010, 10:34 AM
A think to be fair Stack was doing pretty well when he had the jersey but Smith has been a revelation.

Baldy Foghorn
28-01-2010, 11:48 AM
up until the Rangers game at xmas, we had one of the best defensive records in the Country.

That said Smith has been exceptional since his arrival

Littlest Hobo
28-01-2010, 11:54 AM
Ye let's no go doon the Maka route. Let's give praise to Smith who was brilliant against Hamilton last week and again last night. Hoping this might give the defenders around him more confidence, everyone's a winner:thumbsup: