PDA

View Full Version : Back In Third

Mikey
27-01-2010, 08:46 PM
Not to many will have expected that at 7:45 :wink:

We need to go on a wee run though to keep the pressure on Utd.

gilliecabbage
27-01-2010, 09:15 PM

We need to go on a wee run though to keep the pressure on celtic

edited for ya:thumbsup:

Danderhall Hibs
27-01-2010, 09:16 PM

If we win our game in hand we're 4 points clear. Sounds good to me.

LamontHFC©
27-01-2010, 09:17 PM
If we win our game in hand we're 4 points clear. Sounds good to me.

And could be above Celtic.

Mikey
27-01-2010, 09:17 PM
edited for ya:thumbsup:

There's no guarantee they'll beat Hamilton on Saturday. We could go into our game knowing that a win will put us 2nd!

hibsdaft
27-01-2010, 09:18 PM

certainly not at 7:49 :wink:

matty_f
27-01-2010, 09:19 PM
There's no guarantee they'll beat Hamilton on Saturday. We could go into our game knowing that a win will put us 2nd!

Which would almost guarantee a defeat!:grr:

Barney McGrew
27-01-2010, 09:22 PM
Games to the end of February for us, Utd and Celtc:

Us
St Mirren (H)
Aberdeen (H)
Huns (A)
St Johnstone (A)
Motherwell (A)
St Johnstone (H)

United
Killie (A)
Hamilton (H)
St Mirren (A)
Celtc (A)
Falkirk (H)

Celtc
Hamilton (A)
Killie (A)
Hertz (H)
Aberdeen (A)
United (H)
Rangers (A)

Looks like we have a fair set of fixtures there compared to the other two :thumbsup:

rightwinger
27-01-2010, 09:22 PM
Excellent stuff!

We've really dealt a huge psychological blow to Dundee Utd and Hearts tonight. They'll have been thinking 'Hibs are going to lose - draw worst case'. Reminds me of Mowbray's first season when the Dons just knocked us out of third place by beating us 3-0 up there. We're 1-0 down to Pars and they're 1-0 up to Dundee with 25 minutes left. We win 4-1 and they draw 1-1 and we don't look back.

Underline the result with a win on Saturday. Third is still the priority but there's nothing wrong with looking above us. Let's go for second while we can.

Credit to all the players tonight. Wasn't at the game but everyone must have done well for us to get a result. I gather Smith/Hogg/Murray/Miller were excellent. And a wee mention for John 'we'll never improve with him in the team' Rankin. Tonight's result is our first big win under Hughes and could make our season.

LancashireHibby
27-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Other results will sort themselves out, the main issue for me is to avoid any sort of complacency for the St Mirren game and follow up tonight with a big performance (again).

NAE NOOKIE
27-01-2010, 09:47 PM
As Rightwinger alluded to, thats our first win against the OF or the Yams under Yogi, so its a bit of a potential monkey off our back before it had a chance to become an issue.

Interesting that we have done OK over the last few games without Zouma or Bamba in the team.

Hanlon has shown up well in his games at CH, perhaps that will encourage Yogi to push Bamba into midfield, with his power and hight in there and he's no a bad passer of the ball and quick enough too, who knows where that would take us.

Anyway I think certainly at the moment we should be looking at second until it becomes out of reach.

Mind you, Dundee Utd may have drawn tonight, but they did come from 2 - 0 down to do it, even going to 3 - 2 up. Not to mention a good 2nd half display at ER a few months ago after being totally outclassed in the first half, so they will be a tough challenge.

But hey, so far so good, its been a great revival by us after a few poor performances prior to the Hamilton game. Well done the Hibees !!!

:thumbsup: