PDA

View Full Version : john robertson

Jones28
27-01-2010, 08:07 PM
As much as those who had the misfortune to watch hibs through the johnrobertsonscoringagainstusthewholetimeresulting inusgettingbeatbythe**** era, I really enjoy listening to him on open all mikes. He's been really funny, especially when he announced the sheeps' second goal lol

Sprouleflyer
27-01-2010, 09:38 PM
As much as those who had the misfortune to watch hibs through the johnrobertsonscoringagainstusthewholetimeresulting inusgettingbeatbythe**** era, I really enjoy listening to him on open all mikes. He's been really funny, especially when he announced the sheeps' second goal lol

Was listening to open all mikes and Robbo was brilliant tonight.

Totally put the boot in on Hearts, slagged Obua (sp) for getting his first touch in the game after 55 mins, was superb when Aberdeen got their 2nd, Richard Gordon thought Hearts had scored!

Robbo now showing his true colours :greengrin

murray26
27-01-2010, 09:41 PM
I thought he sounded a bit to excited when Galbraith scored our winner.

rightwinger
27-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Was listening to open all mikes and Robbo was brilliant tonight.

Totally put the boot in on Hearts, slagged Obua (sp) for getting his first touch in the game after 55 mins, was superb when Aberdeen got their 2nd, Richard Gordon thought Hearts had scored!

Robbo now showing his true colours :greengrin

Hearts are no longer the club he remembers and I wouldn't blame him for taking a bit of perverse pleasure in them being put in their place. Especially after the way he was treated by them.

He got undermined and sacked for Romanov to go on the rampage culminating in them playing 'park the bus and hope Mikey scores a pen' every week. I'd be loving it too. To be fair to him, I found him a fairly agreeable Hearts manager.

down-the-slope
27-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Have to agree . I think he is pretty good in that role and does a good job no matter who he is watching...pretty knowlegable on the game....and does not seem to have an agenda like some

Malthibby
27-01-2010, 09:47 PM
The wee fat bassa made life unbearable for years, but we could have had him & b--g --d up. He's a good bloke & we should never forget he joined with us against Mercer.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-01-2010, 09:52 PM
Have to agree . I think he is pretty good in that role and does a good job no matter who he is watching...pretty knowlegable on the game....and does not seem to have an agenda like some

He does have an agenda!!!

Didn't you hear him complain about having to stay on air for other matches that went into extra-time whilst his game (IIRC at Ross County & Inverness respectively) were concluded :greengrin TBF thought he had a fair point.

Black Kyle
27-01-2010, 10:19 PM
"I used to stand at ER with my Pat Stanton crash helmet on" John Robertson at a talk in at the Hibs Club many a moon ago.......

Anyone remember fans wearing painted builders crash helmets in the late 70s, early 80's....sad but true. :wink:

hfc rd
27-01-2010, 11:17 PM
Even though I hated watching Robertson play against us. I bumped into him at M&S on Monday and had a wee small quick brief chat about Hibs & Hearts with him. He said that Hearts are in a complete shambles and Vlad doesn't give a damn. Then he started saying a lot of good things about Hibs, particulary about Petrie. He said that Hibs were by far the best run club in Scotland and possibly UK, and they have a bright future ahead of them and that Petrie is a 'role model chairman' for all the other clubs chairmans to look up to. He then said that if he was to watch a team right now between hibs & hearts, it would definately be Hibs as he loves the way Yogi has got them playing this season.
To be honestly fair, I think he knows his football between the Hibees & Yams

Hainan Hibs
27-01-2010, 11:19 PM
Robbo's a good guy, my dad done work in his house, decided to cover every room with Hibs stuff. He took it well:greengrin

magpie1892
27-01-2010, 11:55 PM
I spoke to Robbo tonight in the press bit. I actually wanted to talk about his time at Newcastle, so it was a short conversation.

He's a funny guy.

mjhibby
28-01-2010, 09:17 AM
Must be contagious this praising the hibees as alan preston said that hibs first hour on saturday was superb ad we were irresistable.See alan you can admit that we are a good football team.

brog
28-01-2010, 01:11 PM
John Robertson defied Mercer & stood up on stage at the Usher Hall in support of Hands Off Hibs. A small guy with a big brave heart & IMO every Hibs fan owes him a vote of thanks for his courage in giving us support at our time of greatest need.

JimBHibees
28-01-2010, 08:01 PM
John Robertson defied Mercer & stood up on stage at the Usher Hall in support of Hands Off Hibs. A small guy with a big brave heart & IMO every Hibs fan owes him a vote of thanks for his courage in giving us support at our time of greatest need.

Totally agree. Didnt need to do that. Brave thing to do.

weecounty hibby
28-01-2010, 08:44 PM
I was there that night and he probably got as big a round of applause than many of the Hibees on stage that night. Have bumped into him a few times as he used to have in laws from Alloa. Thoroughly decent guy and never had a bad word against the Hibs

TRC
28-01-2010, 08:51 PM
As he did score almost every time we played them and the amount of s***e i had to put up with from yam mates, he's is a great bloke to be honest, imo he gave up on yams after he was undermined in every department of running the team.

sam armstrong
28-01-2010, 08:55 PM
"I used to stand at ER with my Pat Stanton crash helmet on" John Robertson at a talk in at the Hibs Club many a moon ago.......

Anyone remember fans wearing painted builders crash helmets in the late 70s, early 80's....sad but true. :wink:

maybe he has just had a 30 year long bad dream and he is back where he belongs, a Hibbie