PDA

View Full Version : Parking at CP

andrew70
26-01-2010, 09:29 PM
Where's best place to park at CP tomorro?

HibeeMcGinn1
26-01-2010, 09:30 PM
Where's best place to park at CP tomorro?

was about to post this, good lad

jgl07
26-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Expect to be confronted by the 'mind your car' mob!

andrew70
26-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Expect to be confronted by the 'mind your car' mob!

Aye it prob costs about a 5er now. TBF its a small price to pay to make sure you come back to your car with the wheels still attached.

Taken the train through the last few times beforehand tho I used to park in the forge shopping centre but was just wondering of any better options?

aljo7-0
26-01-2010, 10:28 PM
On bricks as at least that way your wheels won't get stolen. :greengrin

The_Horde
27-01-2010, 01:27 AM
We parked in a car park right across from the stadium the last time, was safe enough and cost nothing.

Hainan Hibs
27-01-2010, 02:14 AM
:faf:

Best place to park:faf: at Celtic park:faf:

Always rely on .net to provide the jokes:faf:

Sorry I cannae answer the question, I normally take the train. I had heard the stories about the "mind the car" crew, best no to say no to them if you want yer car to survive the journey:greengrin

Hibs Class
27-01-2010, 09:19 AM
Aye it prob costs about a 5er now. TBF its a small price to pay to make sure you come back to your car with the wheels still attached.

Taken the train through the last few times beforehand tho I used to park in the forge shopping centre but was just wondering of any better options?

This reminds me of a friend of mine who is a ST holder at Celtic. A few years ago he bought himself a Rover, and one of his optional extras was to not have the wee union flag attached to the boot; his thinking was that, if the car came with the badge as standard, the first time he parked there all that would have been left after the game would be the badge in the gutter

tony higgins
27-01-2010, 01:23 PM
This reminds me of a friend of mine who is a ST holder at Celtic. A few years ago he bought himself a Rover, and one of his optional extras was to not have the wee union flag attached to the boot; his thinking was that, if the car came with the badge as standard, the first time he parked there all that would have been left after the game would be the badge in the gutter

Knowing the locals in the vicinity of that stadium i,d guess a wee union flag would make your car the safest in western europe.

down-the-slope
27-01-2010, 01:30 PM
remember if you are 'paying' for parking...the only fail safe way is tearing a note in half (inflation means a fiver rather than pound) ,giving one half to wee scrote prototection racket trainee, and promising other half when you return to car in perfect nick.

Done this for years and it has never failed....it amazes me how they can spot you in a crowd of thousands returning, without fail

Hainan Hibs
27-01-2010, 01:38 PM
remember if you are 'paying' for parking...the only fail safe way is tearing a note in half (inflation means a fiver rather than pound) ,giving one half to wee scrote prototection racket trainee, and promising other half when you return to car in perfect nick.

Done this for years and it has never failed....it amazes me how they can spot you in a crowd of thousands returning, without fail

I'm almost in tears :faf:

cwilliamson85
27-01-2010, 01:44 PM
If you really need a place to park there is a couple of NCP's on ingrum st and you can usually find a sapce in Merchant city for free also.

NCP Daily tariffs
2 Hours £ 4.00
2 To 4 Hours £ 7.00
4 To 6 Hours £ 8.00
6 To 8 Hours £ 9.50
8 To 24 Hours £ 10.00

cwilliamson85
27-01-2010, 01:45 PM
Forgot to say it is then 30mins walk or 10mins taxi (£5 usually) to Celtic park.