PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Centre News Update

Speedway
26-01-2010, 02:58 PM
With Barr saga now Irn'd out, what else do think is brewing and will come to fruition before the window slams down shut with a noise like all hell in furied unison or a nation of guillotines; expelling all chance of any further deals with currently contracted players forever until the summer?

hibbie02
26-01-2010, 03:15 PM
I have a feeling that we have had out lot and Yogi will stick with what he has. It is getting a bit late to release players and there has been probably fewer rumours than I can remember in years about incoming players. So either someone has had the fishmonger silenced and Hibs have improved their leakage issues or no one is coming.

Chuck Rhoades
26-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Kaspars Gorkšs on Loan.

lapsedhibee
26-01-2010, 03:23 PM
With Barr saga now Irn'd out, what else do think is brewing

We have no spare money for players, what with the cost of girders for the new East.

Speedway
26-01-2010, 03:28 PM
Kaspars Gorkšs on Loan.

Here he is:

YouTube - Kaspars Gorkšs scores twice against Derby (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE-ox-qBTis)

Speedway
26-01-2010, 03:30 PM
and again:

YouTube - Gorkss goal vs Denmark (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT8pCS8jZ6c)

And once more:

YouTube - gorkss tackling (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZxMJgkHSiw)

MacBean
26-01-2010, 03:30 PM
David Gray from Man Utd to replace the Tannoy Guy. Hes a right good singer :wink::greengrin

BEEJ
26-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Surprisingly, no mention of Iffy Pastabaic on the OP's poll, but if he's coming to the end of his current contract he could be worth a pre-contract.

Speedway
26-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Surprisingly, no mention of Iffy Pastabaic on the OP's poll, but if he's coming to the end of his current contract he could be worth a pre-contract.

I've given up on us bringing Iffy to the club. I was speaking to his roommate on away trips, Mark De Bakposte, and he thinks Iffy's last few games have been medium to well done and that he'd bring something up to Hibs which would give us fire in our bellies again.

ancient hibee
26-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Isn't A.Wright-Di Fenda on his way?

EskbankHibby
26-01-2010, 03:53 PM
I voted for Ogre Kochs. Basically cos i'm childish and found the name amusing.

basehibby
26-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Knowing that Yogi has acknowledged the need for a RB I voted Christian Daily - reckon he'd do a VG job there for the remainder of the season.

May be that some of the other gadges are RBs but I've never heard of them!

Steve20
26-01-2010, 05:18 PM
Don't think anyone else will be brought in.

BEEJ
26-01-2010, 07:16 PM
I've given up on us bringing Iffy to the club. I was speaking to his roommate on away trips, Mark De Bakposte, and he thinks Iffy's last few games have been medium to well done and that he'd bring something up to Hibs which would give us fire in our bellies again.
Well he is getting on in years, I guess - something of a seasoned campaigner.

Mibbes Aye
26-01-2010, 07:52 PM
Well he is getting on in years, I guess - something of a seasoned campaigner.

There's no doubting his salad days are behind him.

Always thought we should chance taking him on loan. If it doesn't work out, then it's hard cheese for him (which admittedly is bound to grate).

CapitalHibs
26-01-2010, 08:07 PM
There's no doubting his salad days are behind him.

Always thought we should chance taking him on loan. If it doesn't work out, then it's hard cheese for him (which admittedly is bound to grate).

Any way you slice it, he's been off the boil too long.

Mibbes Aye
26-01-2010, 08:39 PM
Any way you slice it, he's been off the boil too long.

I agree but then again....

Just had a wee look at the 'Buzzing' thread and maybe our expectations are too high.

Pastabaic could do a job at Hibs - our problem is we expect everything on a plate nowadays.

BEEJ
26-01-2010, 08:48 PM
I agree but then again....

Just had a wee look at the 'Buzzing' thread and maybe our expectations are too high.

Pastabaic could do a job at Hibs - our problem is we expect everything on a plate nowadays.
I read that his manager has criticised his performances as being a bit stodgy of late.

Mibbes Aye
26-01-2010, 09:00 PM
I read that his manager has criticised his performances as being a bit stodgy of late.

Hughes knows what he wants from his Hibs team. It might not be to everyone's taste but I would give him credit for his beliefs. He's the manager after all, and he deserves our support :agree:

If he thinks Pastabaic is the recipe for success then I'm backing him. It might not be palatable for some, admittedly.

Speedway
28-01-2010, 09:18 AM
There's reportedly a 50/50 chance of getting a new RB in before the dreadful sound of the window of opportunity being slammed in the face of football.

Not a squad RB by the way, but a first choice one. No idea who, before you ask.

Speedway
28-01-2010, 09:52 AM
Also, according to the express, Soton have bid £400,000 for Arfield rising to £1m with add ons. Preston and Huddersfield are also interested.

In that sort of company, we've no chance of signing him, even if we wanted to.

Part/Time Supporter
28-01-2010, 09:54 AM
LOL at Jeremy Kyle.

Mibbies the real thing should have an episode where he tries to reconcile his namesake with the Killie chairman and Jumbo Jim?

:greengrin