PDA

View Full Version : Atmosphere / Green Day - Further Update

Keith_M
26-01-2010, 10:50 AM
Just thought I'd let you know that I decided to contact the club myself about this and wanted to make you aware of the reply.

Firstly, the response from Fife Hyland was positive and it sounds like he's keen on anything along the lines of improving the day as a spectacle and hopefully improving the atmosphere as well. He asked if we'd keep him up to speed with any other initiatives we might have as well.

Secondly, I wanted to know what exactly the rules are regarding flags (and especially flag poles) and he was able to point out the Club's policy in that regard, copied below. It doesn't sound like taking the kind of flags on the small canes that everybody buys at Cup Finals is a problem at all. All other banners/flags just need to meet the club's safety and 'offensive message' criteria.

So, get those flags out the cupboards, rent a Kermit the Frog costume and get your vocal chords exercised for Saturday

:thumbsup:

"Item 15. Club flags and banners, as well as any official national flag are permissible, provided they do not carry any additional religious, racist or other derogatory messages. Flags/banners must not interfere with the viewing capabilities or safety of other Spectators. In addition, flags and banners must not be allowed to obstruct advertising boards or directional signage. Small flags can be mounted on garden canes, provided the canes measure less than 100 cms in length."

Kaiser_Sauzee
26-01-2010, 10:59 AM
Good effort, Keekaboo. :top marks

Chuck Rhoades
26-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Posted this over on the Bounce for you mate!

Keith_M
26-01-2010, 12:34 PM
Posted this over on the Bounce for you mate!

Thanks BR

1two
26-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Why cant hibs put something up on the official site and make it a bit more, well 'official'?

Keith_M
26-01-2010, 01:02 PM
Why cant hibs put something up on the official site and make it a bit more, well 'official'?

I asked about that but I'm not sure they want to commit themselves yet. Maybe if we make a decent show of this we can get their co-operation for the next time.

I agree, though, I think it would definitely help.

--------
26-01-2010, 01:05 PM
Just thought I'd let you know that I decided to contact the club myself about this and wanted to make you aware of the reply.

Firstly, the response from Fife Hyland was positive and it sounds like he's keen on anything along the lines of improving the day as a spectacle and hopefully improving the atmosphere as well. He asked if we'd keep him up to speed with any other initiatives we might have as well.

Secondly, I wanted to know what exactly the rules are regarding flags (and especially flag poles) and he was able to point out the Club's policy in that regard, copied below. It doesn't sound like taking the kind of flags on the small canes that everybody buys at Cup Finals is a problem at all. All other banners/flags just need to meet the club's safety and 'offensive message' criteria.

So, get those flags out the cupboards, rent a Kermit the Frog costume and get your vocal chords exercised for Saturday

"Item 15. Club flags and banners, as well as any official national flag are permissible, provided they do not carry any additional religious, racist or other derogatory messages. Flags/banners must not interfere with the viewing capabilities or safety of other Spectators. In addition, flags and banners must not be allowed to obstruct advertising boards or directional signage. Small flags can be mounted on garden canes, provided the canes measure less than 100 cms in length."

Good. This is useful.

But if you think I'm going to wander about Leith dressed up as Kermit the Freakin Frog, you can go take a flying jump into Victoria Dock, mate. :grr:

Keith_M
26-01-2010, 01:08 PM
Good. This is useful.

But if you think I'm going to wander about Leith dressed up as Kermit the Freakin Frog, you can go take a flying jump into Victoria Dock, mate. :grr:

OK, can you think of any BETTER fancy dress costumes in green? Anyway, it would have been more apropriate if you'd told me to 'Hop It'.

:greengrin :duck:

cwilliamson85
26-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Frst game at ER this season on Sat. Sounds like its going to be a good one.

:thumbsup:WELL DONE:thumbsup:

Bohemian_Hibee
26-01-2010, 01:35 PM
Best of luck boys, look forward to the photos

Here's a few photos of Irish fans, might be an idea or two in there..

http://www.europeanultras.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=317

superbam
26-01-2010, 02:41 PM
Best of luck boys, look forward to the photos

Here's a few photos of Irish fans, might be an idea or two in there..

http://www.europeanultras.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=317

One of the best things about irish football IMO. Ive been at some matches with less than a thousand folk there and the atmosphere has been 100x better than most at ER.
Sadly I reckon you would be looking at a lifetime ban if you let off a flare at an SPL match :rolleyes:

RIP
26-01-2010, 02:44 PM
I asked about that but I'm not sure they want to commit themselves yet. Maybe if we make a decent show of this we can get their co-operation for the next time.

I agree, though, I think it would definitely help.

All the more reason why Hibs should appoint a 'Matchday Manager'. You shouldn't have to go to the Head of Marketing to talk about a fans initiative :grr:

down-the-slope
26-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Did you mention the green wearing mini- skirted cheer leaders for pre match and half time :rolleyes:

http://college.cheerleader.com/album/University%20of%20Oregon%20Cheergirls%202005/thumbs/UOr05_14.jpg

:agree:

http://www.cheerleader.com/ (http://www.cheerleader.com/)

MacBean
26-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Glad this has kicked off well and truly! its a great idea and certainly should help spur things on! should certainly get enough publicity and perhaps a Admin could put a (URGENT) prefix to the title??

I shall be taking my flag along on Saturday.

You think the new east will have an "ultras section" for hanging flags :wink:

frazeHFC
26-01-2010, 03:42 PM
they should put this on the website so non forum users know

Speedway
26-01-2010, 03:43 PM
OK, can you think of any BETTER fancy dress costumes in green? Anyway, it would have been more apropriate if you'd told me to 'Hop It'.

Ninja Turtles?

Sir David Gray
26-01-2010, 03:53 PM
I think this is a really good idea and I hope it's a permanent feature at Easter Road.

Well done for getting the ball rolling and I hope it comes to fruition. :aok:

MacBean
26-01-2010, 03:56 PM
Someone should tell the guy that stands on the corner near the hibs club of Easter Road selling flags!
He might have a field day!!

Keith_M
26-01-2010, 03:58 PM
Did you mention the green wearing mini- skirted cheer leaders for pre match and half time :rolleyes:

http://college.cheerleader.com/album/University%20of%20Oregon%20Cheergirls%202005/thumbs/UOr05_14.jpg

:agree:

http://www.cheerleader.com/ (http://www.cheerleader.com/)

That's nice of you to volunteer, I hear Doddie is thinking of wearing one of those costumes as well

:wink:

MacBean
26-01-2010, 04:04 PM
emailed a certain Grant Stott to see if he can give it a mention in his show!

ronaldo7
26-01-2010, 04:06 PM

Shrek:wink:

down-the-slope
26-01-2010, 06:32 PM
That's nice of you to volunteer, I hear Doddie is thinking of wearing one of those costumes as well

:wink:

That would increase the level of entertainment - but in a perverse way :shocked:

hfc rd
27-01-2010, 09:22 AM
Defo, up for Green Day!
:notworthy:

jpt11
27-01-2010, 11:44 AM
This is indeed a quality idea. (not sure if posted) who was the guy trying to start the green army chant as in Paul Whitehouse in "that" insurance advert... Hilarious!!!! For me the best bit was when he got a round of applause for his efforts..... well done that man!!! :thumbsup:

Oscar T Grouch
27-01-2010, 12:20 PM
This is a good idea but if its limited to the bounce and here it might fall down a wee bit (ie people not knowing about it). I know it's probably been suggested in the other thread about green day but I'm sure Grant Stott would mention it on Forth, this would at least spread the word round a wider audience. Just a thought likes.

MSK
27-01-2010, 12:38 PM
This is a good idea but if its limited to the bounce and here it might fall down a wee bit (ie people not knowing about it). I know it's probably been suggested in the other thread about green day but I'm sure Grant Stott would mention it on Forth, this would at least spread the word round a wider audience. Just a thought likes.Grant Stott reads hibs.net regularly.....so Grant if ye read this ..a big mention for this Green day please ...:notworthy:

down-the-slope
27-01-2010, 01:14 PM
I know some have suggested that masses of blokes in replica kits is not a pretty sight...but I wondered about folks wearing the oldest Hibs top they still own? Would look good and provide some talking points / comparisons from down the years.....

PS I realise that its not the weather for it

MacBean
27-01-2010, 01:15 PM
This is a good idea but if its limited to the bounce and here it might fall down a wee bit (ie people not knowing about it). I know it's probably been suggested in the other thread about green day but I'm sure Grant Stott would mention it on Forth, this would at least spread the word round a wider audience. Just a thought likes.

Grant Stott reads hibs.net regularly.....so Grant if ye read this ..a big mention for this Green day please ...:notworthy:

See post number 20 :wink:

emailed a certain Grant Stott to see if he can give it a mention in his show!

no response so far!!

ArabHibee
27-01-2010, 01:19 PM

Or if you're strapped for cash, you could always ask Landells and borrow his Kermit the Frog jacket! :greengrin

oconnors_strip
27-01-2010, 01:35 PM
I know some have suggested that masses of blokes in replica kits is not a pretty sight...but I wondered about folks wearing the oldest Hibs top they still own? Would look good and provide some talking points / comparisons from down the years.....

PS I realise that its not the weather for it

i wouldnt even be able to put my oldest strip over my arm:greengrin

Speedway
27-01-2010, 01:45 PM
We could have a real green and white crowd by assigning alternating shirts and skins in each row.

Gatecrasher
27-01-2010, 03:01 PM
Or if you're strapped for cash, you could always ask Landells and borrow his Kermit the Frog jacket! :greengrin

:faf: