PDA

View Full Version : Why are people getting so uptight

Wembley67
25-01-2010, 07:05 PM
about the **** apparently signing players? Who bloody cares.

I'm having fish for dinner tonight - see that's more interesting :hnet:

bingo70
25-01-2010, 07:06 PM

Any word from the fishman who we're signing?

fiolex1
25-01-2010, 07:07 PM
Yes, can everybody chill I'm having a cup of green tea with a slice of lemon:greengrin

Wembley67
25-01-2010, 07:08 PM
Any word from the fishman who we're signing?

Ach it's pre-packed so no fishmonger interaction required...damn you tesco :grr:

iwasthere1972
25-01-2010, 07:09 PM

Sauce?

Sky Sports News understands Nade's pish

Wembley67
25-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Sauce?

Sky Sports News understands Nade's pish

Hmmmm unlikely, not sure what's in the old larder to be honest, may just have it with a dollop of red...can't buy class like that :cool2:

Prof. Shaggy
25-01-2010, 07:15 PM
We had haggis.
Another chance to rehearse my famous rendition of the Address.

iwasthere1972
25-01-2010, 07:18 PM
We had haggis.

Aye let your wind gang free. :jamboak:

basehibby
25-01-2010, 07:30 PM
We had haggis.

I too had Hagis - almost finished a portion which was marked "feeds two to three people" on the packet.

Nade eat yer heart oot :nade::nade::nade:

ahibby
25-01-2010, 07:45 PM
Well I had crofters pie that only tasted like Haggis and I don't care if they sign Andy Cameron or anybody:hnet:

matty_f
25-01-2010, 07:54 PM
Probably the most annoying thing about the Yams signing Barr, is that the pink presence on here is much larger than it has been of late.

Clearly they've got stonners about it.

fiolex1
25-01-2010, 07:56 PM
I've not been uptight since I came in from work and retired to my sitting room wearing my Fez, Smoking jacket and Cravat.

Tally Ho old chaps

ZippytheHibee
25-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Barr couldnt add anything more to our defence than the players we have already. They still need a striker anyway.

weecounty hibby
25-01-2010, 08:31 PM
None of the players mentioned makes me get worried that they are about to turn the corner and produce Barca style football and dominate the world as they were promised. I actually think it shows exactly where they are right now, signing average SPL players when they were told to expect world cup types. Cost cutting of the highest order. Expect to see them lose Wallace and Goncalves very soon.

Antifa Hibs
25-01-2010, 08:35 PM
Barr is very average at best. An average player playing for ****** team so stood out more. Didn't get all the fuss about him a last year when he was linked to us and don't now. Lee Miller is a *** donkey who generally couldnae score in a brothel and for all Mulgrew is a good player, give me Ian Murray everytime.

Nae biggy here. They're still a debt ridden club with a crazy russian in charge who play at a pink bus shelter. Dont get the obsessoion with them on here, **** them!

matty_f
25-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Barr is very average at best. An average player playing for ****** team so stood out more. Didn't get all the fuss about him a last year when he was linked to us and don't now. Lee Miller is a *** donkey who generally couldnae score in a brothel and for all Mulgrew is a good player, give me Ian Murray everytime.

Nae biggy here. They're still a debt ridden club with a crazy russian in charge who play at a pink bus shelter. Dont get the obsessoion with them on here, **** them!

:agree:

Speedway
26-01-2010, 08:25 AM
Barr couldnt add anything more to our defence than the players we have already. They still need a striker anyway.

He could have added a lot more to our RB berth than we've already got. Yogi wouldn't have been in the hunt for him for so long if he couldn't.

Many more than are prepared to admit. The Yams have brought a real Hibs linked player to the club for a lot more money than we could offer him.

Hearts might be skint but Vlad's not.

ahibby
26-01-2010, 08:46 AM
He could have added a lot more to our RB berth than we've already got. Yogi wouldn't have been in the hunt for him for so long if he couldn't.

Many more than are prepared to admit. The Yams have brought a real Hibs linked player to the club for a lot more money than we could offer him.

Okay I accept that if Yogi was seriously after him he can't be bad but I am not in the least concerned about us not getting him. I do accept I might not be giving Barr the status he deserves but I haven't seen anything special in him. Time will tell, maybe I will be gutted next season and maybe I won't.

Big Frank
26-01-2010, 12:31 PM

Speculation.

You couldn't fill me in with the details Speedway?. Could you post how much Hibernian were offering and how much Hertz have agreed to pay?

Per week if possibly.

Vlad may not be skint old chap, but I'd wager Sir Tom is richer.

Danderhall Hibs
26-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Vlad may not be skint old chap, but I'd wager Sir Tom is richer.

But Sir Tom doesn't put any money into Hibs!

I don't know the figures but surely you're not suggesting that we offered the same as Hearts? Clearly he's went there for more cash!

Pretty sure it's been stated that we offered him a contract so it's more than speculation.

Big Frank
26-01-2010, 12:53 PM

I would suggest that Mad Vlad Mcmental doesn't put any money into hertz. You really don't think vlad has put money in do you? He has stated publically (last year) that he had made some 15,000,000 off the deluded.

I don't know the figures but surely you're not suggesting that we offered the same as Hearts? Clearly he's went there for more cash!

I'm not suggesting anything. Speedway has stated that Hibernian havelost out for a lot more money than we could offer him.

quote :
"The Yams have brought a real Hibs linked player to the club for a lot more money than we could offer him." So I'm only wondering what Speedway knows, and the monies invloved. Nothing more.

Pretty sure it's been stated that we offered him a contract so it's more than speculation.

The speculation I was alluding to was that "Yogi wouldn't have been in the hunt for him for so long if he couldn't." earlier on in Speedways post. I'm not saying we offered a contract or not.:confused:

Speedway
26-01-2010, 12:54 PM

Answered for me. Cheers DH.

Big Frank
26-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Answered for me. Cheers DH.

Nope speedway. He hasn't.

Any details yet?

dirtydirk
26-01-2010, 12:55 PM

I still dont doubt that Hibs have money available and I believe we will probably be in a position to offer higher wages than Hearts.

I think the fact he has went to Hearts is probably down to Hibs putting a sensible limit on how much we can offer a distinctly average player and Hearts finally having a good chance to sign a player on not that high wages to keep their supporters content, and to still keep them believing that Hearts are financially secure, Romanov is still interested in them etc etc:blah:

Sir Tom has made Hibs a successfull business and doesnt need to keep throwing money at us in order to get a return.
For the owner of a club to run up a 40 million overdraft isnt exactly 'putting money in to a club'

I'm not just saying this because we lost out on him but I would rather Hibs gave Mccormack or McCann a chance than us spending big wages and signing on fee's for someone who I dont really think would make any difference to us.

Dashing Bob S
26-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Couldn't give a toss about Yams signing Barr, but would be very, very concerned if we paid a wage to the fossilised imposter that is Christian Dailly.

Speedway
26-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Nope speedway. He hasn't.

Any details yet?

No Big F, he has.

1875godsgift
26-01-2010, 01:40 PM
Interesting quote from Shabby:

"I hope that we can still add to the squad someone who can be more offensive," added Laszlo.

I would have thought Michael Stewart fitted in to that role perfectly?

Danderhall Hibs
26-01-2010, 01:45 PM
Interesting quote from Shabby:

"I hope that we can still add to the squad someone who can be more offensive," added Laszlo.

I would have thought Michael Stewart fitted in to that role perfectly?

I'm hearing that Roy Chubby Brown is quite high up on Shabby's list. They're looking to get him in ASAP so they can fatten him up in time for next season.

Big Frank
26-01-2010, 04:14 PM
No Big F, he has.

Nope again Speedway. He hasn't.

However, I have read your posts from this a.m on the Barr thread, and you have given much more details, including your guess of £1800 pw with top ups etc.:wink:

matty_f
26-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Nope again Speedway. He hasn't.

However, I have read your posts from this a.m on the Barr thread, and you have given much more details, including your guess of £1800 pw with top ups etc.:wink:

I think if you read many of Yogi's comments about Barr, it is clear that he remained hopeful of a deal being done right up until the deal was confirmed with the Yams.

I don't know how we could dismiss the point that Yogi was after Barr for a while as speculation, when there has been so much said - including comments from Yogi - that clearly indicate that he was after him. :confused:

weonlywon6-2
26-01-2010, 05:51 PM

:top marks:thumbsup:

Jack
26-01-2010, 06:18 PM
They beat us to Black, whose team were doomed to relegation, last season under pretty much the same circumstances. All I can say to that is ‘thank goodness’ :wink:. I suspect I’ll be saying the same this time next year about Barr.

Whitz fir ye ill no go by yi :greengrin