PDA

View Full Version : Question Parkhead

FraserHFC
25-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Do we get kept back after the final whistle like we do at Ibrox ?

Thanks

iwasthere1972
25-01-2010, 06:44 PM

Thanks

No - You get chucked out by Strathclydes finest long before the match has ended. Ask anyone on here they will back me up. :greengrin

FraserHFC
25-01-2010, 06:45 PM
No - You get chucked out by Strathclydes finest long before the match has ended. Ask anyone on here they will back me up. :greengrin
:top marks

oconnors_strip
25-01-2010, 07:38 PM
yes we do get kept back for about 20mins, the length of time also depends on the result.

Keith_M
25-01-2010, 07:42 PM
yes we do get kept back for about 20mins, the length of time also depends on the result.

So how long will it be if Hibs win 5 - 0? Will they keep everybody in all night?

:greengrin

lyonhibs
25-01-2010, 07:45 PM
If you've sat meekly in your seat without being harassed by any of the self-officious berks that Celtc employ/Strathclyde's finest, then you have the pleaseure of hanging about for 20 minutes or so, trying to avoid catching the plethora of airborne 1920's diseases which I'm sure circulate in that pigsty.

THEN, in an act of extreme generosity, you get turfed out without so much as a streetmap back to the 21st century, and are expected to find your way past the slavering beasts that pass for locals, all the time agawp at the fact that the last time any council spend ha'penny farthing on the street lighting or pavements was around the time of Jack the Ripper.

Then you tick Parkhead off your "World Tour of Unspeakable hovels" and never go again, except in the contingency of a exceedingly important SC game.

GGTTH

oconnors_strip
25-01-2010, 07:46 PM
So how long will it be if Hibs win 5 - 0? Will they keep everybody in all night?

aye maybe, party in darkheid sounds good:greengrin

Billy Whizz
25-01-2010, 07:48 PM

Thanks

Always. But we don't mind when we get a result which...............................
isn't often.:bitchy:

.Sean.
25-01-2010, 07:49 PM
You don't always get kept back. You generally get kept in if the match has been especially hostile and/or you get a result.

If Celtic or Rangers pump ye though, the Polis cannae wait to let you go :grr:

.Sean.
25-01-2010, 07:52 PM
Always. But we don't mind when we get a result which...............................
isn't often.:bitchy:
Recent games in Glasgow we didn't get held back were the 1-0 loss at Ibrox last year, and 2/3-0 at Celtic park, the 3-1 last season and also the 4-2 game.

There'll be more.

Allant1981
25-01-2010, 09:32 PM
I have compo's so for the game from the celtic physio, only hope i manage to sit on my backside if and when hibs score:thumbsup:

Keith_M
25-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Description of the area surrounding Celtc Park from a Rapid Vienna supporting friend who went there to their recent game:

"It looks like the photos you see of Hiroshima after the Nuclear Bomb was dropped, only with a football stadium in the middle".

Pretty Boy
25-01-2010, 09:46 PM
Description of the area surrounding Celtc Park from a Rapid Vienna supporting friend who went there to their recent game:

"It looks like the photos you see of Hiroshima after the Nuclear Bomb was dropped, only with a football stadium in the middle".

The stadiums an absolute hole as well. It might look good on the TV but inside it looks like it was built on the cheap.:agree:

Antifa Hibs
25-01-2010, 09:51 PM
As someone else pointed out getting kept back depends on if we get a result or if there is a bit aggro, some hostility etc.

The area is a *****hole and so is the ground, but we're going to watch the cabbage, we are not on a cultural expedition :wink:

Cabbage East
25-01-2010, 10:03 PM
If you've been to Celtic park and never been emptied before full time you're doing well.

CalgaryHibs
26-01-2010, 03:27 PM
It called Celtic Park or still parkheed ?

Sir David Gray
26-01-2010, 03:45 PM
Can anyone tell me if there's a designated away fans car park, like there is at Ibrox?

If not, are there any *safe places to park your car that is within walking distance of the ground?

*Relatively speaking, of course! :wink:

I'm quite sure that there's several areas that you could park and get one of the locals to "watch yer car, mister" for a couple of quid but I would like to avoid this, if possible. :greengrin

CalgaryHibs
26-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Can anyone tell me if there's a designated away fans car park, like there is at Ibrox?

If not, are there any *safe places to park your car that is within walking distance of the ground?

I'm quite sure that there's several areas that you could park and get one of the locals to "watch yer car, mister" for a couple of quid but I would like to avoid this, if possible. :greengrin

FH- Is any there "safe" places period in Glasgow ?

JackRegan
26-01-2010, 04:01 PM
It called Celtic Park or still parkheed ?

It always has been and always will be Celtic Park.

Carheenlea
26-01-2010, 04:09 PM

I always park in Cuthelton Street, it is not close to ground, but it`s as close as I`ve got! Not sure about designated areas for cars, would assume there will be an area set aside for buses, but I`m not aware of anywhere for cars, certainly nowhere like we get at Ibrox.

Cuthelton Street is never any bother, always parking available, no neds asking for dough, 10 minutes to Stadium. Check it out on googlemaps.

Sir David Gray
26-01-2010, 04:16 PM
I always park in Cuthelton Street, it is not close to ground, but it`s as close as I`ve got! Not sure about designated areas for cars, would assume there will be an area set aside for buses, but I`m not aware of anywhere for cars, certainly nowhere like we get at Ibrox.

Cuthelton Street is never any bother, always parking available, no neds asking for dough, 10 minutes to Stadium. Check it out on googlemaps.

Cheers for the info.

Is the walk from Cuthelton Street to the stadium on the flat or are there any hills to walk up?

It's just that I'm in a wheelchair so I don't really fancy a 10-15 minute push up a massive hill. I'll be knackered before I get there!

Carheenlea
26-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Cheers for the info.

Is the walk from Cuthelton Street to the stadium on the flat or are there any hills to walk up?

It's just that I'm in a wheelchair so I don't really fancy a 10-15 minute push up a massive hill. I'll be knackered before I get there!

Nothing too drastic, a very slight slope (200 yards or so) down to London Road, then flat to ground, then a slight slope of maybe 50 yards up to turnstiles.

If you do use this area to park, I would recommend crossing over London Road and using pavement on other side as there are 2 pubs, London Road Tavern and Springfield Vaults which are on busy corners with not a lot of room on pavement for wheelchairs.

iwasthere1972
26-01-2010, 06:27 PM
It always has been and always will be Celtic Park.

Outside of Celtic I think a lot of people called it Parkhead and not Celtic Park. Well that's what I recall from those mad days of the late 60's and 70's. Think TV coverage from that time would maybe back me up but not entirely sure. Anyway it's still a dump. :greengrin

I'm well aware that Parkhead is the area where Celtic Park is. :wink:

Sir David Gray
26-01-2010, 11:10 PM
Nothing too drastic, a very slight slope (200 yards or so) down to London Road, then flat to ground, then a slight slope of maybe 50 yards up to turnstiles.

If you do use this area to park, I would recommend crossing over London Road and using pavement on other side as there are 2 pubs, London Road Tavern and Springfield Vaults which are on busy corners with not a lot of room on pavement for wheelchairs.

Cheers for your help.

Much appreciated. :thumbsup: