25-01-2010, 06:33 PM
... another couple signed pre-contracts at the Pink Bus Shelter
- according to a reliable Dons sauce !!

Cabbage East
25-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Please let it be true :greengrin

Toaods
would make sense as I friggin hate Miller , though not as much as the ****bos, so to buy one ticket and kill two birds with the one stone is excellent.

Sumner
the Dons fan who phoned is HOPING it aint true, but what he's been told

Sumner
25-01-2010, 06:39 PM
Meeko :bye:

hey, let's hope it's all pash, but we'll see?

Part/Time Supporter
Mulgrew doesn't make any sense whatsoever unless they are selling Wallace and/or Driver.

AugustaHibs
mulgrew is an alright player :agree:

PeterboroHibee
Mulgrew doesn't make any sense whatsoever unless they are selling Wallace and/or Driver.

Wallace must surely be off if this is true.

Sumner
25-01-2010, 06:40 PM

takes a great free-kick in ChampManager !! :agree:

CB_NO3
25-01-2010, 06:47 PM
Not as good as Ian Murray, may I add.

fiolex1
25-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Wallace must surely be off if this is true.

Celtic after a new left back if Fox is away :agree:

I'm_cabbaged
25-01-2010, 06:54 PM
Not as good as Ian Murray, may I add.

Or Shotgun Wallace. :wink:

sleeping giant
25-01-2010, 07:02 PM
WTF:grr:

Billychaotic182
25-01-2010, 07:04 PM
Good signings for them if true. But would like to think we are going to sign better player than them

RickyS
25-01-2010, 07:06 PM
Good signings for them if true. But would like to think we are going to sign better player than them

widnae take miller but I like mulgrew. the clock is ticking for us

PeterboroHibee
25-01-2010, 07:08 PM
widnae take miller but I like mulgrew. the clock is ticking for us

Why is that? Because we didnt sign Barr?

We have strikers who are all far better than Lee Miller, and Murray is a better LB than Mulgrew, so dont see why they are a particular loss.

Hakim Sar
25-01-2010, 07:09 PM
Mulgrew is rubbish and lee miller is perfect for them

I STILL don't know about Barr

he doesn't look particularly great!?!?!?!

Billychaotic182
25-01-2010, 07:14 PM

We have strikers who are all far better than Lee Miller, and Murray is a better LB than Mulgrew, so dont see why they are a particular loss.

Yeah he is not better than murray but its always good to have backup

As for Miller. He might be an a.hole but he is a good player and would do well for them. Cant see him going tho as he hates them about as much as we do

.Sean.
25-01-2010, 07:16 PM

As for Miller. He might be an a.hole but he is a good player and would do well for them. Cant see him going tho as he hates them about as much as we do
Does he? :confused:

fife hfc
25-01-2010, 07:19 PM
Too be honest they are signing players that are of not the same quality as they are going to lose. Barr for goncalves and Mulgrew for Wallace.

RickyS
25-01-2010, 07:26 PM

the clock is tickin aint it? im looking for a CH in this window and now one is crossed off the list. which means less time to look at the next option. thats the only point I was making, not that I was going to greet maself to sleep over Barr and Miller:hnet:

bingo70
25-01-2010, 07:30 PM
the clock is tickin aint it? im looking for a CH in this window and now one is crossed off the list. which means less time to look at the next option. thats the only point I was making, not that I was going to greet maself to sleep over Barr and Miller:hnet:

I think we could have done with short term cover for while Bamba was away, not a massive fan of Hogg but he's good enough for 3rd place in the SPL.

I think we could do with a right back but if we don't get one i won't be too upset, we've got a good defensive record when Bamba plays anyway.

Hibs07p
25-01-2010, 07:31 PM

Bamba will be back next week. :agree:

Part/Time Supporter
25-01-2010, 07:34 PM

Mulgrew wouldn't sign for Hibs (or Hearts, for that matter) as a backup player.

Crazyhorse
25-01-2010, 07:40 PM
I reckon this is just a sign of Heart coming down to earth and starting to pay fairly low wages (although probably a bit higher than aberdeen!). Miller is garbage and Mulgrew is a fairly composed but average ability player who stood out amongst mediocre and at times completely brainless team mates. I am suprised that players are advised to go to the Yams by agents because although there is a lot of idle speculation about their demise obviously they are probably one heart attack/or more likely a sectioning under the Lith Mental Health Act away from real problems.

Part/Time Supporter
25-01-2010, 07:42 PM
I reckon this is just a sign of Heart coming down to earth and starting to pay fairly low wages (although probably a bit higher than aberdeen!). Miller is garbage and Mulgrew is a fairly composed but average ability player who stood out amongst mediocre and at times completely brainless team mates. I am suprised that players are advised to go to the Yams by agents because although there is a lot of idle speculation about their demise obviously they are probably one heart attack/or more likely a sectioning under the Lith Mental Health Act away from real problems.

It's a win-win for the player.

If they don't go bust, they get crazy wages.

If they do go bust, they get crazy wages until that happens, and then they can sign for another club and make the same amount of money they would have done in the first place anyway.

Andy74
25-01-2010, 07:47 PM

If they do go bust, they get crazy wages until that happens, and then they can sign for another club and make the same amount of money they would have done in the first place anyway.

Correct!

Crazyhorse
25-01-2010, 07:48 PM

I suppose you're right its largely about the individual desire for money rather than joining a team and helping build toward some success which usually requires some stability at a club.

Sprouleflyer
25-01-2010, 08:50 PM
... another couple signed pre-contracts at the Pink Bus Shelter
- according to a reliable Dons sauce !!

Nothing to worry about for this season.

Who knows what Hibs will do for the remaining Jan transfer window and the summer transfer window.

Bamba will be back and I can't really see him going in this window, our CH position is sorted with Bamba and Hogg with Hanlon and Thicot as back up.

Would really have liked a RB this window that would allow Wotherspoon to push up into midfield, suppose Barr may have fitted in there but is he not a more recognised CH?

Yogi got the most important position soreted out at the start of the Jan window with the signing of Smith, anything else during this window will be a bonus (as long as Bamba, Stokes, Riordan or Miller don't leave).

HibbyAndy
25-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Mulgrew wont be signing for Hearts anytime soon.

jgl07
25-01-2010, 09:20 PM

He is hardly a prolific goalscorer.

Three league goals this season to date.

That is a Nade scoring rate. Perfect replacement.

29 goals in 114 appearances for Aberdeen.

Biggie
25-01-2010, 09:27 PM
They shouldn't be allowed to sign anyone until they get their debt in order...are fifa not meant to "govern" the game ?.....

Winston Ingram
25-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Mulgrew is a great free-kick taker but a shocking defender

PeterboroHibee
25-01-2010, 10:09 PM

We have back up in Hanlon, and Stevenson can play there.

As for Miller, hes an okay player at what he does, but hes not going to get you many goals; Hearts have too many of that sort of forward, would be a ridiculous signing if true.

As I have said, every one of our strikers is more useful than Miller.

But we dont desperately need one. Barr may be one crossed off the list but he isnt what we need; we need some height in the team, and he isnt any bigger than what we have. Dundee United towered over most of our players, as do other teams, that needs to be sorted.

And theres no point in signing guys if they arent improving the squad. A weeks a long time, we still have a while to bring in more players if Yogi can find the right guys.

The_Horde
25-01-2010, 10:11 PM
AND he's no a striker. :greengrin

marinello59
25-01-2010, 10:21 PM

Barr was crossed off Yogi's list early on in the transfer window. I never got the hype surrounding him in the first place. I can only assume that Hearts are still paying Championship wages. If Barr had any ambition that is where he would have gone. His motivation to improve now will be nil. Maybe he will be sent out on loan to Kaunus.:greengrin

Sprouleflyer
26-01-2010, 05:30 AM
Barr was crossed off Yogi's list early on in the transfer window. I never got the hype surrounding him in the first place. I can only assume that Hearts are still paying Championship wages. If Barr had any ambition that is where he would have gone. His motivation to improve now will be nil. Maybe he will be sent out on loan to Kaunus.:greengrin

No Championship teams were ever interested in Barr.

Any talk of him going South was to try and inflate his value for a transfer in January.

Phil MaGlass
26-01-2010, 07:07 AM
Barr such a waste of talent,will be wasted in a team of cloggers.

Hibs7
26-01-2010, 07:28 AM
I would like a bck 4 of Hogg, Bamba, Hanlon, Murray. with McCormack and Thicot as back up.

Speedway
26-01-2010, 08:13 AM
They shouldn't be allowed to sign anyone until they get their debt in order...are fifa not meant to "govern" the game ?.....

They were going to impose sanctions on Hearts until Sepp Blatter's grandchildren suddenly went missing from school and a note with a lithuanian postmark was sent to Blatters office advising him to back off.

Now FIFA are 'monitoring the situation' with regard to Hearts.

Why do you think Real Madrid never get Transfer embargos placed on them?

Viva_Palmeiras
26-01-2010, 08:47 AM
They were going to impose sanctions on Hearts until Sepp Blatter's grandchildren suddenly went missing from school and a note with a lithuanian postmark was sent to Blatters office advising him to back off.

Now FIFA are 'monitoring the situation' with regard to Hearts.

Why do you think Real Madrid never get Transfer embargos placed on them?

WFT? :fishin:

JimBHibees
26-01-2010, 04:31 PM
Looking like Shotgun's days are numbered.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_5886678,00.html

Hainan Hibs
26-01-2010, 04:49 PM

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_5886678,00.html

I would say that Wallace is better holding out for a good offer down south but if he has aspirations of being a Scotland regular a move west is a good option after the muppet Fox got a game just for moving to Septic Park.

JimBHibees
26-01-2010, 04:58 PM
I would say that Wallace is better holding out for a good offer down south but if he has aspirations of being a Scotland regular a move west is a good option after the muppet Fox got a game just for moving to Septic Park.

I would predict that Fox wont appear in another Scotland squad.

Cropley10
26-01-2010, 06:26 PM
I would predict that Fox wont appear in another Scotland squad.

Where's Fox away to then??

Hiber-nation
26-01-2010, 06:28 PM
Where's Fox away to then??

Burnley apparently.

Sergey
26-01-2010, 06:29 PM

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_5886678,00.html (http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_5886678,00.html)

Won't happen. Vlad has said publicly that he won't sell players to the OF.

:faf:

Hainan Hibs
26-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Won't happen. Vlad has said publicly that he won't sell players to the OF.

:faf:

Yep, and he also guaranteed nae 5-0 humpings to the Old Firm, and that hasn't happened either :greengrin

IWasThere2016
26-01-2010, 06:44 PM
Burnley apparently.

Was talking to them last night. Cellic making a profit on him too :grr:

Dibben
31-01-2010, 09:58 AM
Looks like Lee Miller is moving to Middlesborough in a pre deadline £500k deal... according to SSN.

Has Strachan lost the plot???

BH.

matty_f
31-01-2010, 10:02 AM
Looks like Lee Miller is moving to Middlesborough in a pre deadline £500k deal... according to SSN.

Has Strachan lost the plot???

BH.

Ridiculous signing at a ridiculous price. Strachan's not got a clue.