PDA

View Full Version : Worst. Match report. Ever.

Part/Time Supporter
25-01-2010, 07:22 AM
http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/hamilton-academicals/hibernian-5-hamilton-academical-1-smith-overshadowed-by-hibs-attacking-prowess-1.1001103

Graeme Smith, the player in question, prevented a Hibs hiding from becoming a thrilling draw

Chris Hogg and Ian Murray formed the central partnership against Hamilton

:wtf:

Were you at the game, caller?

Danderhall Hibs
25-01-2010, 07:30 AM
West coast media complimenting the performance of a Hibs goalie?

Where are our conspiracy theorists?

hibsbollah
25-01-2010, 07:36 AM
West coast media complimenting the performance of a Hibs goalie?

Where are our conspiracy theorists?

The conspiracy says 'once a Hibs keeper makes his first mistake he will be forever smeared with it by the media'. Smith hasnt made a mistake yet, just watch what happens when he does. (hopefully a long time away).

Hibstrooper
25-01-2010, 08:02 AM
The reporter says it could have been a thrilling draw because Smith made 4 good saves - making the score 5 - 5.

If he is taking Smith's saves away why does Cerny get to keep his? He made some good saves as well (e.g. Stokes before we scored).

So if he is going to apply his logic it should apply to both teams, not just one to suit his article, therefore the score would be something like 8 - 5 to Hibs!

Danderhall Hibs
25-01-2010, 08:04 AM
The reporter says it could have been a thrilling draw because Smith made 4 good saves - making the score 5 - 5.

If he is taking Smith's saves away why does Cerny get to keep his? He made some good saves as well (e.g. Stokes before we scored).

So if he is going to apply his logic it should apply to both teams, not just one to suit his article, therefore the score would be something like 8 - 5 to Hibs!

He's probably trying to unsettle us before the game on Wednesday. Or something.

Dashing Bob S
25-01-2010, 08:08 AM
Read the report, and one very much doubts that the dipstick in question was at the game. It seems culled from the radio.

Hibbyradge
25-01-2010, 08:14 AM
Apart from saying that Murray was in central defence, I don't think there's a lot wrong with that report.

Smith was outstanding. But for him, we would have been 2 down before Nishy scored.

Whether it could have been 5 - 5 or 8 - 5 to us is irrelevant.

Jack
25-01-2010, 08:21 AM
Having a go at the tightest defence we have ever put up in a season; up until recently the best defence in the UK (and would still be if it hadn’t been for the one day we didn’t turn up). Aye, all different variations of our defence just go to prove Hibs just don’t have it, not just on Saturday but throughtout the season so far :yawn:

Dan Sarf
25-01-2010, 08:34 AM
It may be a shaky report but it contains an extremely insightful quote from our new goalie...

“I used to come here with Motherwell and, while our ability was maybe not as great, that team meant a lot because we were so close that we would go anywhere and stand up to anyone,” Smith explained. “When we came to places like this we weren’t intimidated and you don’t realise until you leave a club how close you are to your team-mates. I knew when I walked out on the park with 10 guys from Motherwell that they’d have my back.

“At Hibs, we’ve great ability but it’s about developing those other parts; digging in, working hard for each other, fighting and scrapping for each other and being a team. I’m sure if we do that and get a little luck we can go places.”

Hibs7
25-01-2010, 08:40 AM
Chris Hogg and Ian Murray formed the central partnership against Hamilton and didn’t convince, the bustling Antoine-Curier tormenting them for much of the match,

Definately wasn't at the game as Hanlon marked MAC all day, and did a very good job of it as well.

Part/Time Supporter
25-01-2010, 08:41 AM
Apart from saying that Murray was in central defence, I don't think there's a lot wrong with that report.

Smith was outstanding. But for him, we would have been 2 down before Nishy scored.

Whether it could have been 5 - 5 or 8 - 5 to us is irrelevant.

Hibs could also have been 2-0 up before Nish scored. (Stokes 1v1 saved and Riordan offside) The idea that Hamilton were unlucky on Saturday is ridiculous. They could have scored a goal or two, but Hibs could also have done that and shut down completely with about 30' to go. It also ignores the point that Alex Neil would have been sent off if the scoreline had been remotely competitive.

Smith had a good game, but there was only one really good save, where he tipped one round the post when about three Hamilton players looked offside. By that time it was already 2-0.

freddie m
25-01-2010, 10:07 AM
Apart from the Murray/Hogg quote, I thought the report was pretty accurate, also I'd much prefer the media talking positively about our goalkeeper than the last 5 or 6 goalkeepers (& I use that term very loosely) we have had (Stack excluded). Smith will easily be the number one when all of the goalkeepers are fit.
Glory glory
:flag::flag::flag:

blackpoolhibs
25-01-2010, 10:23 AM
I ofter here this quote, if it was not for the keeper it would have been so different. Are there many games were teams play without keepers? No zibi or maka jokes please.

ancient hibee
25-01-2010, 10:39 AM
"If the goalkeeper hadn't made saves goals would have been scored".Can I have a job reporting on football matches please?

MartinfaePorty
25-01-2010, 12:12 PM
They also rated the game only 3 out of 5 stars; the same as Huns v Hearts??? NHC, the reporter on the Saints v Celtic game gave Smith, the Saints keeper, mom, but the ratings only gives him 6!

JimBHibees
25-01-2010, 12:28 PM
Hibs could also have been 2-0 up before Nish scored. (Stokes 1v1 saved and Riordan offside) The idea that Hamilton were unlucky on Saturday is ridiculous. They could have scored a goal or two, but Hibs could also have done that and shut down completely with about 30' to go. It also ignores the point that Alex Neil would have been sent off if the scoreline had been remotely competitive.

Smith had a good game, but there was only one really good save, where he tipped one round the post when about three Hamilton players looked offside. By that time it was already 2-0.

Would disagree with that. His save when Curier backheeled it and the excellent shot by McArthur late on were both excellent saves IMO. That is about it though to say Hamilton were worthy of a draw is rot as you outline above.