PDA

View Full Version : Ivory Coast knocked out - when does bamba come back?

Cameron1875
24-01-2010, 08:55 PM
or does he stay till tournament is over?

Capt Mainwaring
24-01-2010, 09:00 PM
Back immediately, but think he might need a week's rest at least

zlatan
24-01-2010, 09:00 PM
The first match he'll be back for will be Montrose.

No chance he'll be back by Wednesday and he won't play against St Mirren if he returns later on in the week.

CropleyWasGod
24-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Depends if he flies home by Latapy-Bougherra Airlines.... in which case, I'd say about March. :greengrin

monktonharp
24-01-2010, 09:02 PM
naw.he hings aboot,hoping some big English mob meets him in the foyer of his hotel and offers him an unbelievable deal ,then phones Yogi,hey boss,can I leave. Ipswich Town want me,and they'll gie ye 200,000 quid if you throw in wee Wotherspoon.:yawn:

greenlex
24-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Depends if he flies home by Latapy-Bougherra Airlines.... in which case, I'd say about March. :greengrin
:tee hee:

--------
24-01-2010, 09:07 PM
naw.he hings aboot,hoping some big English mob meets him in the foyer of his hotel and offers him an unbelievable deal ,then phones Yogi,hey boss,can I leave. Ipswich Town want me,and they'll gie ye 200,000 quid if you throw in wee Wotherspoon.:yawn:

And Yogi would have him swinging gently in the breeze from the roof of the West Stand if he tried that on.

IC goal disallowed for 'offside'. 'TV replays suggest otherwise' according to the Beeb.

They think it's all over.....

..... it is now. :devil:

greenlex
24-01-2010, 09:09 PM
And Yogi would have him swinging gently in the breeze from the roof of the West Stand if he tried that on.

IC goal disallowed for 'offside'. 'TV replays suggest otherwise' according to the Beeb.

They think it's all over.....

..... it is now. :devil:
Not even close to being offside.

Capt Mainwaring
24-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Sol's packing his bags now. 3-2 final score Algeria

--------
24-01-2010, 09:11 PM
Not even close to being offside.

The ref wasn't Ian Brines, by any chance? :cool2:

CropleyWasGod
24-01-2010, 09:12 PM
The ref wasn't Ian Brines, by any chance? :cool2:

Wis Yogi.....:wink:

Winston Ingram
24-01-2010, 09:14 PM

Judging by his defending of for the last 2 Algerian goals I reckon naebody will be waiting for him in the foyer

monktonharp
24-01-2010, 09:28 PM
Judging by his defending of for the last 2 Algerian goals I reckon naebody will be waiting for him in the foyerjoking aside mate,never saw it,or heard. did he have a mare? looked the business last week in the games I did see.

Capt Mainwaring
24-01-2010, 09:30 PM
joking aside mate,never saw it,or heard. did he have a mare? looked the business last week in the games I did see.

He did - but only to the same extent as all the IC defence and goalkeeper.

greenlex
24-01-2010, 09:30 PM
joking aside mate,never saw it,or heard. did he have a mare? looked the business last week in the games I did see.
Defo culpable at the equaliser in injury time but the left back was walk about for the winner IMO. One piece of suicidal defending that came to nothing other than that solid enough.

TornadoHibby
24-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Judging by his defending of for the last 2 Algerian goals I reckon naebody will be waiting for him in the foyer

Although it pains me to say it, I have just watched the goals and have to agree with what you say! :agree:

"Could have done better" would have been the message on his report card from that game! :wink:

blackpoolhibs
24-01-2010, 11:18 PM
There is no excuse for him to hang about out there now. It was the quarter final they lost, so no 3rd and 4th place game for them to play. I'd be angry if i was Yogi, if he's not back in the country by Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest.

Phil MaGlass
25-01-2010, 06:55 AM
How bad was he in their defence? lets hope he takes a few days before he gets back.Cant see that game helping his chances of a big move?

mjhibby
25-01-2010, 07:20 AM
I think it will be odds on he will be back wednesday and in the squad for the st mirren game unless of course their is a problem with communication then the cup tie it is.:thumbsup:

MB62
25-01-2010, 07:26 AM
Big Sol was hopeless last night, but in saying that, he certainly wasn't alone in that catagory for the IC. He repeatedly gave away free kicks for his challenges in the air and was caught out a few times for pace too. I think he needs to get back to East Mains ASAP and get playing at his level again.

As disappointing as it was to watch Sol having a mare, I think if I was a Chelsea fan I would wondering what happened to Drogba? I thought he was useless in each game he played, didn't seem to be overly interested IMO.

sadtom
25-01-2010, 08:25 AM
Back immediately, but think he might need a week's rest at least

SB has only played 3 competative games since he left. If he had stayed he would have played 4. Yesterday was his 1st game in over a week so the only thing that may add to his fatigue would be the heat and the travel. Otherwise he should be ready to rumble.

Andy74
25-01-2010, 08:45 AM
There's something wrong if he's not playing on Saturday.

Part/Time Supporter
25-01-2010, 08:53 AM
Big Sol was hopeless last night, but in saying that, he certainly wasn't alone in that catagory for the IC. He repeatedly gave away free kicks for his challenges in the air and was caught out a few times for pace too. I think he needs to get back to East Mains ASAP and get playing at his level again.

As disappointing as it was to watch Sol having a mare, I think if I was a Chelsea fan I would wondering what happened to Drogba? I thought he was useless in each game he played, didn't seem to be overly interested IMO.

They seemed to have a very negative mindset.

Went 1-0 up early on and Algeria were all over the shop => IC sit in and let them back in the game

Got a great goal in 89' to seemingly win the game => IC start defending their own six yard line with no sign of the goalkeeper coming out, anyone stopping crosses or the opposite full back tucking in

Worst of all, they go 3-2 down in extra time and most of them chucked it after that.

Mystifying how so many of their players can play at such a high level and yet have such mental weakness in a tournament knockout match.

:confused:

Bamba was really exposed for the 2nd and 3rd goals, but they weren't fighting for each other / covering each other. I would be surprised if they don't change the manager before the World Cup, because that was a complete shambles. A bit like Hibs getting horsed off 10 man Killie last season.

Dashing Bob S
25-01-2010, 08:54 AM

I kind of hope he's not, cause if he's not selected, it'll mean that Hanlon had a great game against Samaras, rather than the nightmare I worry about.

truehibernian
25-01-2010, 09:06 AM
Drogba and both Toure brothers were hopeless last night, far poorer than Sol. Drogba should be continually booked for his acting and feigning injury......utterly pointless and brings shame on the game if ref's don't get tough on players like him. Brilliant player on his day, shocking play actor at all times.

JimBHibees
25-01-2010, 09:26 AM

Totally agree. Should be back Wednesday or Thursday and ready to play on Saturday unless he claims some sort of injury.

EskbankHibby
25-01-2010, 09:36 AM
Drogba and both Toure brothers were hopeless last night, far poorer than Sol. Drogba should be continually booked for his acting and feigning injury......utterly pointless and brings shame on the game if ref's don't get tough on players like him. Brilliant player on his day, shocking play actor at all times.

I agree with this but did you seee the Algerian goalie?

Seemingly knocked unconscious but manages to rouse himself for the subsequent corner, ridiculous piece of play acting.

Thought Bamba was part of a very poor defensive unit, no tucking in from the full backs and a shocking goalie.

truehibernian
25-01-2010, 09:57 AM
Agreed bud, but Drogba was singled out because he is known for it, and he is a high profile player who kids watch and copy. Now that my son plays football, you see youngsters as young as 10, rolling about the floor purely because it's what they see their heroes doing on the TV. It's a mans game and the tackling and fun is going out the game, much of it due to players like Drogba who stop play and do tumbleturns on the deck when they have not been touched. Send them off and the problem stops. Ref's need to get tougher and let the art of tackling return to the game. The Algerian keeper was a disgrace the way he acted.

lapsedhibee
25-01-2010, 10:29 AM
I think if I was a Chelsea fan I would wondering what happened to Drogba? I thought he was useless in each game he played, didn't seem to be overly interested IMO.

they go 3-2 down in extra time and most of them chucked it after that.

Maybe big Didi was on a wedge to get back to the EPL asap? Not exactly known for his sense of fair play and honesty.

Jim44
25-01-2010, 10:36 AM
I agree with this but did you seee the Algerian goalie?

Seemingly knocked unconscious but manages to rouse himself for the subsequent corner, ridiculous piece of play acting.

Thought Bamba was part of a very poor defensive unit, no tucking in from the full backs and a shocking goalie.

I mentioned this in another post. He play-acted twice for a total of ten minutes and still didn't have to leave the pitch. In the first 'incident' there was no contact whatsoever with the IC player yet he was at death's door. You'ld have thought he was chancing his luck when he tried it on a second time but the ref was completely indifferent or oblivious to his feigning injury. He also even fooled the commentators. The Ivory Coast team certainly didn't do themselves any favours with their attitude to the game but I certainly think there was a bit of a conspiracy going on in relation to the goalkeeper's circus act.

EskbankHibby
25-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Agreed bud, but Drogba was singled out because he is known for it, and he is a high profile player who kids watch and copy. Now that my son plays football, you see youngsters as young as 10, rolling about the floor purely because it's what they see their heroes doing on the TV. It's a mans game and the tackling and fun is going out the game, much of it due to players like Drogba who stop play and do tumbleturns on the deck when they have not been touched. Send them off and the problem stops. Ref's need to get tougher and let the art of tackling return to the game. The Algerian keeper was a disgrace the way he acted.

Aye, it's the leap off the ground and fully arch your back thing that Drogba does that cracks me up.

He is a giant of a man as well but manages to go to ground after a wee tug of his shirt, embarassing.

EskbankHibby
25-01-2010, 10:44 AM
I mentioned this in another post. He play-acted twice for a total of ten minutes and still didn't have to leave the pitch. In the first 'incident' there was no contact whatsoever with the IC player yet he was at death's door. You'ld have thought he was chancing his luck when he tried it on a second time but the ref was completely indifferent or oblivious to his feigning injury. He also even fooled the commentators. The Ivory Coast team certainly didn't do themselves any favours with their attitude to the game but I certainly think there was a bit of a conspiracy going on in relation to the goalkeeper's circus act.

It just makes me cringe when you see grown men behave this way.

I have always wondered where you go to learn stuff like this or the Drogba theatrics. If you tried any of that ******* at the Jack Kane Centre or any of the other pitches i played on 'when i were a lad' you would get filled in, probably by your own team mates.

Pretty Boy
25-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Keita(of Mali, not Ivory Coast) played for Barcelona on Saturday after going out in the group stages on the Monday.

I would hope to have Sol back for next Saturday,not a huge time difference and he's only played 2 games in the last 10 days(15 days by saturday) so shouldn't really have too much excuse for needing a rest etc etc.

johnbc70
25-01-2010, 12:10 PM
Lets hope he comes back with the right attitude. After spending 3/4 weeks with players who earn in a week what he earns in a year he better come back with the right frame of mind to play well and get his move to the so called big time.

blackpoolhibs
25-01-2010, 12:12 PM
SSN saying the chelsea players are on their way home, i hope Bamba is too.