PDA

View Full Version : Eddie May sacked?

Spike Mandela
24-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Rumour on the Bounce that he has been sacked and Jeffries to be appointed new manager.:dunno:

matty_f
24-01-2010, 09:28 PM
Rumour on the Bounce that he has been sacked and Jeffries to be appointed new manager.:dunno:

Wouldn't surprise me. May hasn't really done anything of note while he's been in charge, and has generally come across badly in most of his interviews etc.

Jeffries was well liked at Falkirk until he jumped ship to the Yams, not sure how they'd take to him now.

Toaods
24-01-2010, 09:29 PM
considering he had no experience and was an internal recruit, he has had up to Xmas and it hasn't looked good, even worse this week.

I see him getting the bullet without any great complaint...as they say, that's football.

ronaldo7
24-01-2010, 09:36 PM
No real surprise if true.

He's burned his bridges too... Who would have him in an academy knowing he is watching points while the manager is away, only to turn on him at a later date.

You reap what you sow.

Sergey
24-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Pressley probably isn't devoid of blame as to Falkirk's current position.

How the pheck he got a job in the Scotland set-up truly beggars belief.

MyJo
24-01-2010, 09:52 PM
he's a welt and a sour-pussed one at that.

Pedantic_Hibee
24-01-2010, 09:54 PM
No real surprise if true.

He's burned his bridges too... Who would have him in an academy knowing he is watching points while the manager is away, only to turn on him at a later date.

You reap what you sow.

This.

monktonharp
24-01-2010, 09:56 PM
I've felt that his [osition was really under pressure over the last couple of games. bit of a novice,in SPL terms,plus the fact that it's his first job,in managerial terms. Looks like the Falkirk board pressed the gamble button...........and lost. :cb

Leithenhibby
24-01-2010, 09:57 PM
If true, this could be a good move for them..

I think most people have the same Hymn sheet when it comes to EM..:cool2:

NOLA
24-01-2010, 10:04 PM
really liked EM as a player while at Hibs, always remember the cup game v celtic, 4-3, but since then he has become a right bitter man

Jim44
24-01-2010, 10:25 PM
Eddie May.................but probably won't now. :greengrin I'd love to see the bitter and twisted nyaff get the heave ho.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-01-2010, 10:26 PM
JJ leaves Killie, goes to Falkirk and steadies them and they stay up while Kilie go down.

Leithenhibby
24-01-2010, 10:32 PM
JJ leaves Killie, goes to Falkirk and steadies them and they stay up while Kilie go down.

No beyond the realms of possibility...:cool2:

That would be funny.:greengrin

Toaods
24-01-2010, 10:41 PM

much dislike as I have developed for Eddie May this season, he done a job for the Hibs unlike that fat Jambo Bassa Jeffries. No way I want that git coming out looking good.

Eddie May has had his punishment by losing the job - thats all that's needed.

Leithenhibby
24-01-2010, 10:45 PM
much dislike as I have developed for Eddie May this season, he done a job for the Hibs unlike that fat Jambo Bassa Jeffries. No way I want that git coming out looking good.

Your going soft in your old age...:greengrin

Sir David Gray
24-01-2010, 10:48 PM
It wouldn't be a surprise to me at all and if Falkirk want to stay up, I think they have to remove him.

Any time I've heard him interviewed, he just doesn't come across as an authoritative character and actually looks quite weak. Basically, he is everything that their previous manager wasn't.

I also think he's burnt his bridges with his players after publicly slating them after today's defeat.

WindyMiller
24-01-2010, 10:49 PM

Left Back in the 0 v 7.
Manager for the 6 v 2.
Manager in the L.C. Final 5 v 1.
He's done his bit. :agree:

Toaods
24-01-2010, 10:53 PM
Your going soft in your old age...:greengrin

nah, I'll never forget his part in the May/Harris game v Celtic at ER...:thumbsup:

Left Back in the 0 v 7.
Manager for the 6 v 2.

I see what you've done there....:wink:

--------
24-01-2010, 10:56 PM
Left Back in the 0 v 7.
Manager for the 6 v 2.

Agent Jeffries - The Yam Who Came In From The Cold...... :eyes:

RickyS
25-01-2010, 12:15 AM

so is it confirmed then ?

snooky
25-01-2010, 12:36 AM
Taken from tomorrow's (Monday's) Herald (interview with Eddie May 27/9/09)

"Falkirk bought into May’s managerial concept lock, stock and barrel and gave him a three-year contract which effectively included an agreement that he could not be sacked in the first 18 months."

Hmmmmm...

iwasthere1972
25-01-2010, 12:42 AM

"Falkirk bought into May’s managerial concept lock, stock and barrel and gave him a three-year contract which effectively included an agreement that he could not be sacked in the first 18 months."

Hmmmmm...

So in effect May could take Falkirk down to the 2nd division, get sacked and be compensated for the remaining 18 months of his contract. FFS he's a better negotiator than Mr Romanov. :top marks

RickyS
25-01-2010, 12:43 AM

Hmmmmm...

has to be a load of gash, no manager has a cast iron guarantee that he can't be sacked.
mind you, mibbee Shabby has one tae?

Perspective
25-01-2010, 12:45 AM
Well, I'll be in the minority again but I like him.

I think they've turned the corner recently and will be fine - though today was clearly a bad one. Kilmarnock are a poorer team and I'm convinced they'll go down.

Eddie May, for me, is a breath of fresh air. I don't really see him as bitter, though some of his comments about Yogi have been ill-advised and naive. I think that's dawned on him, though, because he's softened on that front lately.

He says what he thinks and isn't afraid to ruffle a few feathers. Too many other managers up here sook up to each other and hide behind cliches and established protocol. Just listened to his post-match comments and his passion shines through.

I think, given time, he'll prove to be a good manager but often in football people seem to go for knee-jerk reactions rather than look at the bigger picture.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
25-01-2010, 12:52 AM
It's must be tempting for their board to bring back Jeffries as his tenure was the last time they had a really competitive side. If he'd lost 4-1 to Hamilton or Kilmarnock I'd be more worried for May. I hope he stays as I do beleive he'll keep them up.

Jim44
25-01-2010, 08:17 AM
This may be nothing but a rumour but his post-match comments in the Scotsman reflect a guy who is losing the plot and the dressing room.

MB62
25-01-2010, 08:37 AM
I was amazed that Falkirk appointed him as manager. I predictated he would be the first SPL manager out the door (got that one wrong eh!) and didn't think he would last until Christmas (got that one wrong too :greengrin). I don't think he has done anything so far to justify his appointment and was even more surprised when he said recently that, no matter how well or otherwise he does, he will walk away from management and back in to coaching in 3 years time maximum. He sounds to me like a bitter, grumpy twat that doesn't really know what he is doing in management.

Dashing Bob S
25-01-2010, 08:46 AM
Well, I'll be in the minority again but I like him.

I think they've turned the corner recently and will be fine - though today was clearly a bad one. Kilmarnock are a poorer team and I'm convinced they'll go down.

Eddie May, for me, is a breath of fresh air. I don't really see him as bitter, though some of his comments about Yogi have been ill-advised and naive. I think that's dawned on him, though, because he's softened on that front lately.

He says what he thinks and isn't afraid to ruffle a few feathers. Too many other managers up here sook up to each other and hide behind cliches and established protocol. Just listened to his post-match comments and his passion shines through.

I think, given time, he'll prove to be a good manager but often in football people seem to go for knee-jerk reactions rather than look at the bigger picture.

After our BK jousts, this will come as a shock to both of us (it certainly has to me) but you're not in a minority of one, I agree with every word you've written here.

Perspective
25-01-2010, 08:52 AM
After our BK jousts, this will come as a shock to both of us (it certainly has to me) but you're not in a minority of one, I agree with every word you've written here.

I'm sure normal service will be resumed shortly!

To be fair, I think Kerr is the only subject I remember is disagreeing over.

Dashing Bob S
25-01-2010, 09:00 AM

Yes, I think we also agreed on Maka.

Sudds_1
25-01-2010, 09:56 AM

think you two better find a room...........:wink::greengrin

Dashing Bob S
25-01-2010, 09:58 AM
think you two better find a room...........:wink::greengrin

Unfortunately Blackpool Hibs's girlfriend isn't into threesomes. It's all I can do to distract her from the room service menu.

JimBHibees
25-01-2010, 10:29 AM
Wouldnt be surprised by this. Wonder what impact it may have on any potential Barr move this month though.

Keith_M
25-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Boy did he slate his team in today's papers!

After what he said (about not caring about losing the Dressing Room when it was filled with players like that) is surely the final nail in the coffin.

IWasThere2016
25-01-2010, 12:31 PM

After what he said (about not caring about losing the Dressing Room when it was filled with players like that) is surely the final nail in the coffin.

HIS - stress his - team werenae up for it!

A chance - even a point would have done - to get off bottom spot and they were utter mince!

Irvine Meadow are better than May's Falkirk ffs! :greengrin

iwasthere1972
25-01-2010, 12:35 PM

:agree: Think he'll be as welcome in the dressing room as George Michael would be in the gents lav at the Tron. :greengrin

Joe Baker II
25-01-2010, 03:30 PM
Remember May for his succession of last minute cup goals in 1986 to be honest, has he really said anything that upsets anyone other than the easily/want to be offended? Though if I were Falkirk fan would jump at Jefferies.

iwasthere1972
25-01-2010, 03:48 PM
So is the sacking a bit premature or is it just simply a false alarm?

AK86
25-01-2010, 05:36 PM
I was in in Eddie Mays company a few times (friend of a friend thing) when he played for Hibs. A more quiet, polite, pleasant guy you couldn't have met
He does seem to have turned into a bit off a erse

hibiedude
25-01-2010, 05:44 PM
Eddie may became a little hitler at Falkirk and why he got to involved in the Barr transfer circus is strange because players move all the time but he was given out daily briefings to anybody who would listen

Keith_M
25-01-2010, 05:49 PM
has he really said anything that upsets anyone other than the easily/want to be offended?

Well, that depends if you think his own players are easily offended or not. If I was one of them, I don't think I'd be best pleased with his comments in today's papers.

He also publicly criticized Hibs 'alleged' offer for one of his players, surely which should have been discussed in private between the clubs.

He sounds like a man not coping with the stress to me.

Toaods
25-01-2010, 10:43 PM
:agree: Think he'll be as welcome in the dressing room as George Michael would be in the gents lav at the Tron. :greengrin

from what I've heard*, a visit from George Michael would be openly welcomed by the clientele in the bogs at the Tron...:jamboak:

* used to work in The Roal Mile.

Speedway
26-01-2010, 09:20 AM
It's Tuesday, it would seem Eddie May not be sacked after all.

TRIALIST
26-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Eddies got issues, reported in this mornings paper. Thanked hertz for not complicating Darrens career by trying to buy him now, it lets Darren fullfill his promise to help Falkirk until the season end....as if hertz had the money.
Says hes made the right decision going to a good club, a big club....is this a yammish dig ? him and yogi dont seem to be pals is my guess.

mjhibby
26-01-2010, 05:04 PM
Eddie may has come out of this whole episode looking like a complete buffoon.After their result on sunday and the performance of barr in that game id think most teams wouldnt have wanted to sign barr and the falkirk board must be seriously looking at mays position.Im sure the temptation to get jeffries in is getting greater by the day.