PDA

View Full Version : HIBS v D Utd 3rd place

Sammy7nil
24-01-2010, 07:58 PM
A few weeks back I really fancied us for 3rd.
However defeat at tannidice and their run of form has shook my confidence.
Just had a glance at the fixtures and I am sorry to say Utd look favs to me :boo hoo:

Can anyone restore my confidence ? :confused:

greenlex
24-01-2010, 08:02 PM
Just had a glance at the fixtures and I am sorry to say Utd look favs to me :boo hoo:

How can they be favourites because of their Fixtures? We arn't that far through the season. Calm doon man. We still have to bring them to ER and have a game in hand on them. Plenty time. We might even get them back at ER depending on post split fixtures.(not ikely I know) but anyhoo time for calm heads.

givescotlandfreedom
24-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Dundee United have blown getting into Europe despite probably being favourites to qualify and with Harry Potter at their helm. Hopefully they'll do it again. Either way I think we're a better side than them so its in our hands.

MWHIBBIES
24-01-2010, 08:05 PM
We have NO chance we are ****ed we will be lucky to get in top 6 yams will win it.

zlatan
24-01-2010, 08:07 PM
We have NO chance we are ****ed we will be lucky to get in top 6 yams will win it.

I like the way Snrub thinks.

GloryGlory
24-01-2010, 08:08 PM

:agree: :agree: I'm really worried about Falkirk catching us up, we could be relegation material soon. Petrie, get it sorted. :grr: :grr:

:wink:

Jim44
24-01-2010, 08:09 PM

.....................and not even a 'smilie' in sight. My God, you're a bigger pessimist than me. :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
24-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Aim low and you do not get dissapointed.

Aim high and you get mixu.

mglancy23
24-01-2010, 08:15 PM
I like the way Snrub thinks.

:faf:haha! loved that episode

iwasthere1972
24-01-2010, 09:22 PM

Look on the bright side - we will win the league next season. Look out Raith Rovers, Dunfermline and Partick Thistle. :greengrin

erin go bragh
24-01-2010, 09:35 PM

well the bookies had us as the 8/11 favs to finnish 3rd[before the utd game]

sleeping giant
24-01-2010, 09:36 PM
I've still not given up on second !

Alfred E Newman
24-01-2010, 09:36 PM
.....................and not even a 'smilie' in sight. My God, you're a bigger pessimist than me. :greengrin

and thats saying something Jim :greengrin

Sammy7nil
24-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Oh well thats a no then :wink:

Have a wee look at the next 8 games sorry but it will be tough and of course it is in our hands :agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Reading this post, you would think that finishing fourth would be a disaster:dunno:

Sir David Gray
24-01-2010, 09:41 PM
I think it will be nip and tuck between the pair of us between now and the end of the season. I really think it's too close to call at the moment and there's still a very long way to go as well.

In short, I believe it could go either way for 3rd place but I would be very disappointed if we finish any lower than 4th.

mim
24-01-2010, 09:47 PM
Reading this post, you would think that finishing fourth would be a disaster:dunno:

Third, fourth, whatever.
The Scottish Cup winners get a higher seeding in the Uefa League anyway. :cup: :lips seal

Sammy7nil
24-01-2010, 09:53 PM

okay not a disaster but a definate disappointment
We were 5 points clear with a game in hand 4 weeks ago

so tad disapointing would be fair :agree:

Sir David Gray
24-01-2010, 09:57 PM
Third, fourth, whatever.
The Scottish Cup winners get a higher seeding in the Uefa League anyway. :cup: :lips seal

Sorry for the hijack but that is absolutely ridiculous.

Winning five matches (some of them against diddy teams) over the course of four months should not give you a better placing in Europe than if you finish 3rd (or 4th) after 38 matches against the teams who are the best in your country, played out over the course of nine months.

The 3rd place team in the SPL should have the best placing in Europe, followed by 4th place and then the Scottish Cup winners.

One Day Soon
24-01-2010, 10:02 PM
WTF? Did I miss something? Is the season nearly over? Did I fall asleep in January last night and wake up this morning in April?

iwasthere1972
24-01-2010, 10:05 PM
Sorry for the hijack but that is absolutely ridiculous.

Winning five matches (some of them against diddy teams) over the course of four months should not give you a better placing in Europe than if you finish 3rd (or 4th) after 38 matches against the teams who are the best in your country, played out over the course of nine months.

The 3rd place team in the SPL should have the best placing in Europe, followed by 4th place and then the Scottish Cup winners.

What are they? Never heard of it. :devil:

Sammy7nil
24-01-2010, 10:16 PM
WTF? Did I miss something? Is the season nearly over? Did I fall asleep in January last night and wake up this morning in April?

No it is called debate or discussion mate
Thats the reason fo forums, I think

James Connolly
24-01-2010, 10:22 PM
well the bookies had us as the 8/11 favs to finnish 3rd[before the utd game]

Latest odds without the Weegie disease;

Hibs - Evens
Arabs - 6/4
Freaks - 9/2

crewetollhibee
24-01-2010, 10:26 PM
Don't forget that so far, we haven't beaten Hearts, Rangers, Dundee Utd or Celtic this season. And when we do, starting Wednesday hopefully, then who knows ? I have thought for years that the only real thing holding us back, is our inconsistency when we play the so-called smaller teams. Now that we seem to have sorted that out, let's go get the rest of them !!!!!! GGTTH.

Sammy7nil
24-01-2010, 10:26 PM
If Hearts finish 3rd I will dance rounf the pink bus shelter naked :greengrin

Not a pretty site :cool2:

iwasthere1972
24-01-2010, 10:28 PM
If Hearts finish 3rd I will dance rounf the pink bus shelter naked :greengrin

Not a pretty site :cool2:

Admin: Can we have a sticky on this please. :thumbsup:

Think simply the best has done this before.

YouTube - Streaker (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOmOFBcm678)

One Day Soon
24-01-2010, 10:33 PM
No it is called debate or discussion mate
Thats the reason fo forums, I think

Yes, that's what I was doing. Its called sarcasm. Maybe you didn't notice.

Sammy7nil
24-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Yes, that's what I was doing. Its called sarcasm. Maybe you didn't notice.

Nope :greengrin

thought you had been sleeping for months mate :wink:

One Day Soon
24-01-2010, 10:43 PM
Nope :greengrin

thought you had been sleeping for months mate :wink:

Tee hee. Must get up soon.

Dashing Bob S
25-01-2010, 07:59 AM
Don't think it's a two-horse race. Hearts could boringly grind out 1-0's at home and 0-0's or 1-1's away if they don't get too decimated in the transfer window and survive Feb. I fancy A'deen to be strong from here on in for some reason.

United look good. They're both physically strong and decent footballers, which is an asset at this stage of the season, the way the pitches are. A lot depends on how their management/financial issues settle over the window. An Arab pal tells me there might be key losses in the transfer window.

mjhibby
25-01-2010, 09:55 AM
How can they be favourites because of their Fixtures? We arn't that far through the season. Calm doon man. We still have to bring them to ER and have a game in hand on them. Plenty time. We might even get them back at ER depending on post split fixtures.(not ikely I know) but anyhoo time for calm heads.

Surprise surprise we are going to have to get three away after the split thereby playing someone away three times whether well or the dons are 6th.Utd fixtures work out fine if well are sixth e if not then they will be at home three times to somebody.Have this nasty feeling we will be 3 times at tannadeechee which could well decide third spot.

H18sry
25-01-2010, 10:09 AM
Dundee United have blown getting into Europe despite probably being favourites to qualify and with Harry Potter at their helm. Hopefully they'll do it again. Either way I think we're a better side than them so its in our hands.

:hmmm: Have I missed something here :hmmm:

HibbyAndy
25-01-2010, 11:06 AM
Injury's and suspensions will bey a key factor as to who will take 3rd place.

Could do with Utd losing Gomis and Bauben for the rest of the season, Two top drawer players.

Danderhall Hibs
25-01-2010, 11:08 AM
Surprise surprise we are going to have to get three away after the split thereby playing someone away three times whether well or the dons are 6th.Utd fixtures work out fine if well are sixth e if not then they will be at home three times to somebody.Have this nasty feeling we will be 3 times at tannadeechee which could well decide third spot.

At the most we can be at Tannadice twice this season (in the league). We play them for the last time pre-split in a few weeks at ER.

iwasthere1972
25-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Injury's and suspensions will bey a key factor as to who will take 3rd place.

Could do with Utd losing Gomis and Bauben for the rest of the season, Two top drawer players.

Maybe we should follow Celtic's philosophy and buy the pair of them in this transfer window and stick them on the bench.

Weaken the opposition - that's the way forward. :agree:

3rd place therefore guaranteed.

Simples. click click.

wick hibby
25-01-2010, 12:28 PM
Third, fourth, whatever.

100% agree:thumbsup: