PDA

View Full Version : Last week of the January window.

Spike Mandela
24-01-2010, 08:26 PM
As we enter the final week of the window I'm sure there will be the usual last minute deals.

We may bring one or two in maybe even a surprise or two who knows?

However, there is usually the last minute release of fringe players and maybe even a first teamer being sold if a big fee comes in.

There's been nothing in the press about a big Bamba bid or anything like that so far but I'm sure there might be a surprise or two yet

So any guesses as to what is going to happen??

bingo70
24-01-2010, 08:32 PM
As we enter the final week of the window I'm sure there will be the usual last minute deals.

We may bring one or two in maybe even a surprise or two who knows?

However, there is usually the last minute release of fringe players and maybe even a first teamer being sold if a big fee comes in.

There's been nothing in the press about a big Bamba bid or anything like that so far but I'm sure there might be a surprise or two yet

So any guesses as to what is going to happen??

My guess is that no-one will sign or leave this window, possibly sign Barr on a pre-contract early in the week then try and put Falkirk under pressure to sell him on the cheap instead of losing him for nowt in the summer.

Wouldn't be too disapointed if this turns out to be the case, it's always nice to get new signings but team overhauls every transfer window cannae go on forever so at some point we'll need to let a side settle.

forthhibby
24-01-2010, 08:57 PM
i predict in the run up to the game with celtic the red tops will have our whole team sold and yogi will be the new manager of somebody

sleeping giant
24-01-2010, 09:28 PM
I have a feeling that all business has been done for this window.

basehibby
24-01-2010, 11:45 PM
I've no idea of what actually will happen but the right kind of signing would be a real shot in the arm and strengthen our push for third spot.

A quality right back is the priority IMO and I'd be surprised if moves are not made for one this window.

martin63
25-01-2010, 05:36 AM
I think if we don,t sign anybody or let anybody go then nothing else will happen this window.:devil:

rainman
25-01-2010, 06:14 AM
Isn't it nice to have a squad where any new signings will be adding to the quality.

We're all saying a right back and a centre half are necessities but we only need a right back so that we can move Wotherspoon (who is doing more than ok at right back) into an advanced position on the park. We may need a centre half for when Bamba leaves but right now, we have a good defensive pairing with a good few options as back up.

Changed days for your DVZ's and Shelton Martis'. That was when a right back and a centre half WERE necessities!