PDA

View Full Version : Liam Miller and Stokes contracts

RoxburghHibs
24-01-2010, 05:47 PM
What length of contracts did we get both Liam Miller and Stokes on?

Who other than Ian Murray (hope we get him sorted) and Maka are out of contract in the summer?

dhmf
24-01-2010, 05:49 PM
think stokes is 3 and miller 2,could be wrong though

Dibben
24-01-2010, 05:49 PM

:agree:

BH.

hibee_girl
24-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Miller signed for 2 years and Stokes for 3 years

RoxburghHibs
24-01-2010, 05:52 PM

That's good news regards Stokes, but if Miller keeps up the form shown on Saturday we might be forced to cash-in on him in the summer.

Dibben
24-01-2010, 05:56 PM
That's good news regards Stokes, but if Miller keeps up the form shown on Saturday we might be forced to cash-in on him in the summer.

Miller is on record as saying he is happy here and would perhaps stay longer if things stayed that way. I reckon that we'll need to at least get into Europe next season to have a chance of him staying - and keep a hold of other quality players!!

Within reason, I'm sure money isn't a motivator for him as he's made a fair amout of £'s in his career so far!!

Would love to see RP extend his contract!!!

BH.

Edit: Miller happy to stay article here. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8349514.stm)

hibee_girl
24-01-2010, 06:00 PM
Is Benji's contract up this year?

madgoalie87
24-01-2010, 06:07 PM
What length of contracts did we get both Liam Miller and Stokes on?

Who other than Ian Murray (hope we get him sorted) and Maka are out of contract in the summer?

Bit of a thread hijack,but I think we shld start a tevez style, yogi sign him up song for ian murray.

Dibben
24-01-2010, 06:14 PM

Wouldn't be suprised if he left in the next week!!

BH.

BEEJ
24-01-2010, 06:16 PM
Yes.

The current contracts for Maka, Murray, Benji and Cregg all expire in June.

I'm_cabbaged
24-01-2010, 06:17 PM

Wouldn't care if he left in the next week!!

BH.

Dibben
24-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Yes.

I'm desparate for us to keep Murray, I wouldn't worry about letting any of the others go!

BH.

Bishop Hibee
24-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Yes.

Get Murray signed up. Maka's useless, Benji has gone backwards since Collins left as manager and Stevenson is a better player than Cregg as midfield cover.

BEEJ
24-01-2010, 06:27 PM

I'm desparate for us to keep Murray, I wouldn't worry about letting any of the others go!

BH.

Get Murray signed up. Maka's useless, Benji has gone backwards since Collins left as manager and Stevenson is a better player than Cregg as midfield cover.
:agree: Murray would be everyone's pick for a contract extension.

Surprised though at Cregg. Just hasn't worked out for him so far - not really shone on the odd occasion when he's had an opportunity to show what he can do.

Jamesie
24-01-2010, 06:40 PM

Wouldn't be suprised if he left in the next week!!

BH.

Hope so! :thumbsup: Use his wages to keep Murray. You could see even in the short period he was on yesterday Benji couldn't be arsed.

bingo70
24-01-2010, 06:44 PM
Bit off topic but i heard yesterday that Hearts are in talks to give Nade a 2 year extension :thumbsup:

Crazy *******s :agree:

JimBHibees
25-01-2010, 10:31 AM
Hope so! :thumbsup: Use his wages to keep Murray. You could see even in the short period he was on yesterday Benji couldn't be arsed.

:agree: Was in the FF and he wasnt exactly putting it in when Gareth Evans was making the subs do a few short sprints at half time?

Baw187
25-01-2010, 10:37 AM

I don't believe it's the case of not having the money to give Murray the contract he wants, simply that if Hibs do, he'll be up there with the top earners and it will set a precident for the others.

Why the others have to know, or why Hibs wouldn't feel justified in saying IM deserves to be a top earner, I don't know.

andudare2
25-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Miller is on record as saying he is happy here and would perhaps stay longer if things stayed that way. I reckon that we'll need to at least get into Europe next season to have a chance of him staying - and keep a hold of other quality players!!

Within reason, I'm sure money isn't a motivator for him as he's made a fair amout of £'s in his career so far!!

Would love to see RP extend his contract!!!

BH.

Edit: Miller happy to stay article here. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8349514.stm) i can confirm that your spot on in your thought,s & comments mate. i was told yesterday by a very good source (family member) that he feels happier at hibs than he has ever done at any other club. at present money is not an issue, he took a massive drop from what his best ever earnings were when he joined us , this however is now more than compensated by his enjoying his football again.:thumbsup::notworthy:

Sandy
25-01-2010, 11:22 AM
i can confirm that your spot on in your thought,s & comments mate. i was told yesterday by a very good source (family member) that he feels happier at hibs than he has ever done at any other club. at present money is not an issue, he took a massive drop from what his best ever earnings were when he joined us , this however is now more than compensated by his enjoying his football again.:thumbsup::notworthy:

That is great news, hope he is with us for a long time yet :notworthy:

mayo hibee
25-01-2010, 11:37 AM
IMO Murray is well worth a high wage at the club, but with so many contracts up next summer you can see how this one could really set the precedent for all the others.

If I'm right we've got something like 15 players out of contract next summer including Riordan, Miller, McBride, Zemmama, Smith and Stack (as well as Bamba, but he won't be staying) and I think we would want to keep all of those if possible. Murray's contract will likely set the trend for future contract negotiations, with players wanting an increase to match the teams improved performances.

CapitalHibs
25-01-2010, 03:03 PM
i can confirm that your spot on in your thought,s & comments mate. i was told yesterday by a very good source (family member) that he feels happier at hibs than he has ever done at any other club. at present money is not an issue, he took a massive drop from what his best ever earnings were when he joined us , this however is now more than compensated by his enjoying his football again.:thumbsup::notworthy:

Can only watch the highlights but I would very much agree with this line of thought. Every time we score, Miller seems totally delighted for the team and he's always one of the first to put his arm around the goal scorer and give them a huge amount of verbal encouragement.

Pretty Boy
25-01-2010, 03:09 PM
Can only watch the highlights but I would very much agree with this line of thought. Every time we score, Miller seems totally delighted for the team and he's always one of the first to put his arm around the goal scorer and give them a huge amount of verbal encouragement.

I noticed this when he scored against Aberdeen, you just can't fake the raw passion that was on his face when that went in.

He seems really pleased to be here, and as i said on another thread yesterday it's my understanding that money is no object for Liam Miller. He has no desire to return to Celtc, would never go to Rangers and would only leave Hibs for another crack at the EPL, possibly a top Championship side. He is not long away from starting a family though and loves being back in Scotland so may not want to unsettle that situation. He is also a huge fan of Yogi, the atmosphere around Hibs at the moment and is also very pleased with the way the fans have taken to him.

Hibernian Verse
25-01-2010, 03:23 PM
I noticed this when he scored against Aberdeen, you just can't fake the raw passion that was on his face when that went in.

He seems really pleased to be here, and as i said on another thread yesterday it's my understanding that money is no object for Liam Miller. He has no desire to return to Celtc, would never go to Rangers and would only leave Hibs for another crack at the EPL, possibly a top Championship side. He is not long away from starting a family though and loves being back in Scotland so may not want to unsettle that situation. He is also a huge fan of Yogi, the atmosphere around Hibs at the moment and is also very pleased with the way the fans have taken to him.

I hope the players read .net and the bounce, reading stuff like this can only make them feel better and more confident about their play, although it can work the other way I suppose á la Morais.

houston1875
25-01-2010, 08:12 PM
IMO Murray is well worth a high wage at the club, but with so many contracts up next summer you can see how this one could really set the precedent for all the others.

If I'm right we've got something like 15 players out of contract next summer including Riordan, Miller, McBride, Zemmama, Smith and Stack (as well as Bamba, but he won't be staying) and I think we would want to keep all of those if possible. Murray's contract will likely set the trend for future contract negotiations, with players wanting an increase to match the teams improved performances.

ive heard a rumour that celtic talking to a out of contract hibs player and a player fae ***********?:grr:

BEEJ
25-01-2010, 09:38 PM
ive heard a rumour that celtic talking to a out of contract hibs player and a player fae ***********?:grr:
Tony always did like Benji as a player. :wink:

joejoefaemexico
25-01-2010, 10:06 PM
Bit of a thread hijack,but I think we shld start a tevez style, yogi sign him up song for ian murray.

if it was upto yogi he would have him signed up long ago.

have it from a very good source that the only stumbling block is rodders playing hardball. ian is happy to sign up.

Jack
26-01-2010, 07:09 AM
have it from a very good source that the only stumbling block is rodders playing hardball. ian is happy to sign up.

I suspect if we had a source close to Rodders we might be hearing Rod would be happy to sign him but Ian is playing hardball.