PDA

View Full Version : Formation

totalfootball
24-01-2010, 03:05 PM
I haven't seen it posted any where but can someone tell me how we lined up yesterday? Did Stokes play wide right in a front 3 or did Rankin play slightly right with Deeks on the left of a 4? Agree with a few posters that Zemmama does slow up a lot of attacks and by the sounds of it we did much better without the wee man yesterday? still rate him but I wonder when he is fit,should he be given a spell on the bench?

greenlex
24-01-2010, 03:08 PM
What I did notice yesterday was a definate 3 at the back when we were in posession and 4 when Hamilton had the ball. :thumbsup: Worked a treat with Hogg moving right and Spoony going forward.. :agree:

totalfootball
24-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Mcbride dropping in to make it a 3 or Ian Murray?

What I did notice yesterday was a definate 3 at the back when we were in posession and 4 when Hamilton had the ball. :thumbsup: Worked a treat with Hogg moving right and Spoony going forward.. :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
24-01-2010, 03:13 PM

Murray, Hanlon and Hogg.

greenlex
24-01-2010, 03:15 PM
Smith
Hogg Hanlon Murray
Spoony Mcbride Miller Rankin
Nish
Stokes Deeks

Type of formation. Althopugh I did see Murray bombing up the right at one point in the second half. :wink:

MyJo
24-01-2010, 03:19 PM
looked like a 4-3-3 to me with Stokes on the right, Deeks on the left and Nish sitting a bit deeper through the middle.

Rankin was on the left of the midfield, Miller on the right and McBride, again sitting a bit deeper than the other two, in the middle. Spoony and Murray bombed up the flanks a lot and some of the play, overlapping and passing down the right between Spoony, Miller and Stokes was superb :agree:

looked like this:

______________Smith

Spoony____Hogg____Hanlon____Murray

_____________McBride
_____Miller_____________Rankin

______________Nish
____Stokes____________Riordan

Winston Ingram
24-01-2010, 03:37 PM
I haven't seen it posted any where but can someone tell me how we lined up yesterday? Did Stokes play wide right in a front 3 or did Rankin play slightly right with Deeks on the left of a 4? Agree with a few posters that Zemmama does slow up a lot of attacks and by the sounds of it we did much better without the wee man yesterday? still rate him but I wonder when he is fit,should he be given a spell on the bench?

I have no idea. Maybe it was total football:greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
24-01-2010, 04:17 PM
we seemed to change our shape constantly, moving from a 4-4-1-1, to a 4-3-3, to 3-5-2 to 2-4-2-2.

Was great to see and is obviously where yogi wants the team to go

CropleyWasGod
24-01-2010, 04:21 PM
we seemed to change our shape constantly, moving from a 4-4-1-1, to a 4-3-3, to 3-5-2 to 2-4-2-2.

Was great to see and is obviously where yogi wants the team to go

Phew... thought it was just me.

I was confused, too, about the line up. At times it was like watching kids play.. everyone all over the place. Spoony on the left at one time, Murray on the right, Nish at the back. The only two who seemed to be in the same position for the whole game were Deek and Smith.

Was very refreshing to see, and the mark of a team of comfortable footballers.

Cocaine&Caviar
24-01-2010, 04:44 PM
Just seemed like the regular 4-2-3-1 to me, but with Miller playing in the RW role a bit deeper with Wotherspoon overlapping very often as mentioned. With the usual duo in the middle, this week being Rankin and McBride.

A tad surprising as he put Rankin RW vs Hearts at Tynecastle, and this would have allowed the McBride/Miller duo to re-form, but who's complaining after that performance? :agree: