PDA

View Full Version : David Van Zanten

Jamesie
24-01-2010, 01:32 PM
Got it tight in terms of booing when he came on for Hamilton.

Am I missing something? Did he slag us off when he left? Or was it because he was just not up to the job at Hibs?!

lucky
24-01-2010, 01:42 PM
I think he got booed cos he was ***** at Hibs.

Bostonhibby
24-01-2010, 01:44 PM

Am I missing something? Did he slag us off when he left? Or was it because he was just not up to the job at Hibs?!

Dont think he was disrespectful at all, so it seemed unfair to give him stick, As I see it Mixu signed him, he had to take his chance at a bigger club, he tried and probably wasn't good enough, he certainly wasn't the worst to wear the jersey and I don't think he was ever a slacker or guilty of "unseen work" when he was picked so not sure he deserves any special attention from the fans.

maturehibby
24-01-2010, 02:13 PM
was in the lower west and it was a very Muted boo-ing and was promptly ignored afterwards - however MAC was just ignored as far as I could see and MIxu was proved right as he just didnt have it other than to prove a good learning lesson for Hanlon in how to handle him which as the game proceeded he showed who was the Boss

Jamesie
24-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Dont think he was disrespectful at all, so it seemed unfair to give him stick, As I see it Mixu signed him, he had to take his chance at a bigger club, he tried and probably wasn't good enough, he certainly wasn't the worst to wear the jersey and I don't think he was ever a slacker or guilty of "unseen work" when he was picked so not sure he deserves any special attention from the fans.

To be honest, that was my take on it as well.

matty_f
24-01-2010, 02:18 PM
I thought the booing was very harsh. DVZ wasn't up to it at Hibs, but he never hid in a game, and never put in less than 100%.

MyJo
24-01-2010, 02:48 PM
there wasn't any booing in the east......just some mildly sarcastic cheering :greengrin

hibeeleicester
24-01-2010, 02:49 PM
Jealousy.

Speedway
24-01-2010, 02:51 PM
If he was boo-ed by the west, no-one would have heard it in the surrounding seats nevermind DVZ.

judas
24-01-2010, 03:12 PM

You are missing something: The fact that there is a substantial proportion of morons in almost every clubs support.

marinello59
24-01-2010, 03:18 PM
I thought the booing was very harsh. DVZ wasn't up to it at Hibs, but he never hid in a game, and never put in less than 100%.

Spot on :agree:

.Sean.
24-01-2010, 03:32 PM
DVZ doesn't merit any kind of booing. He wasn't a great player for us but was steady enough I thought. My season ticket is for the West this year, and he was quite heavily booed when he was in front of us. The West has a fair share of ignorant idiots, from the snobby English guys along from me that talk about anything but the game for 90 minutes to the posh boy behind me who berates Nish non-stop and calls him 'Big Single' at any given opportunity.

Back to the East next year like :agree:

fife hfc
24-01-2010, 03:37 PM
No need to boo him imho, but was stunned to see him so far up the pitch as at one point he was on the edge of our box for a few minutes. Never seemed to go over the half way line when with us. Anyway I felt he done okay for us especially in derbies and would still be happy to have him as a squad player.

hibee_girl
24-01-2010, 03:59 PM

:agree:

Toaods
24-01-2010, 04:03 PM
DVZ doesn't merit any kind of booing. He wasn't a great player for us but was steady enough I thought. My season ticket is for the West this year, and he was quite heavily booed when he was in front of us. The West has a fair share of ignorant idiots, from the snobby English guys along from me that talk about anything but the game for 90 minutes to the posh boy behind me who berates Nish non-stop and calls him 'Big Single' at any given opportunity.

back to the East - less 'ignorant idiots ' and snobby English toffs then IYHO...:greengrin

Mibbes Aye
24-01-2010, 04:09 PM
DVZ showed up rather well against the strongest wingers in the league when he played for us. I would argue the defence was what dragged us into the top six under Mixu and he played his part in that.

He isn't anywhere close to as good a player as Whittaker and he wouldn't likely flourish the way Hughes likes to play, but he can be happy enough with what he gave when he was wearing a Hibs jersey IMO.

.Sean.
24-01-2010, 04:10 PM
back to the East - less 'ignorant idiots ' and snobby English toffs then IYHO...:greengrin
Absolutely...

A fair folk around me would seem more suited to a Scotland rugby game :greengrin

PISTOL1875
24-01-2010, 04:18 PM
DVZ gave his all for Hibs and was booed rather harshly yesterday.. He didn't slate us when he left so there was no need for the stick he received..

Sir David Gray
24-01-2010, 05:02 PM
there wasn't any booing in the east......just some mildly sarcastic cheering :greengrin

I'm in the West Stand and that's what I heard as well. Not really any booing.

Jamesie
24-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Absolutely...

A fair folk around me would seem more suited to a Scotland rugby game :greengrin

So you're not allowed to go to both then? :wink:

Perspective
24-01-2010, 05:03 PM
You are missing something: The fact that there is a substantial proportion of morons in almost every clubs support.

Agreed.

.Sean.
24-01-2010, 05:33 PM
So you're not allowed to go to both then? :wink:
Naw :devil:

CallumHibs07
24-01-2010, 05:42 PM
Am I the only one who thinks DVZ wasn't that bad at Hibs?

Hibs Class
24-01-2010, 07:37 PM
Am I the only one who thinks DVZ wasn't that bad at Hibs?

No - I share your view, and he didn't let himself down with poor comments after he left either

truehibernian
24-01-2010, 08:21 PM
Possibly would have seen a better DVZ under Yogi and given the style he wants his teams to play. Van Zanten was let down by the fact he was a defender in an awful Mixu side which because it had no midfield and the play bypassed this area, the defence were constantly under pressure throughout a game (home and away). Hard worker, didn't shirk even when playing badly.

Woody1985
25-01-2010, 12:09 AM

At the Irvine Meadow game there was some ****** from dan saf in front of us. When we scored the first he was doing 'the twirl' or whatever the **** they call it in jambo land. Obviously a guy who never had the first idea about Hibs (he had a hibs scarf). Him and his two mates left at half time, I suspect it was because of the cold. :faf: