PDA

View Full Version : Yogi Must Go

Gus Fring
23-01-2010, 09:16 PM
...all the way with this team surely? :greengrin

We're by no means perfect i'll admit, but today was much better and I think yogi is doing a bang up job. Much like some members of the board get on players backs no matter how well they play im the opposite with JH. He hasnt done much wrong.

Also did anyone see not long before full time when he pulled stokes over for a tactical talk and stokesy tried to knee him in the nuts? Shows the banter thats in the team and the relationship between them. He even gave the east a wave when sung at as well.

He's doing a bangup job IMO and right now he has 100% of my trust. No doubt.

bathhibby
23-01-2010, 09:25 PM
Right on - Yogi is da man

blackpoolhibs
23-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Anyone else sick of all this challenging for europe? It was far more exciting when we had our battles with motherwell, and aberdeen and the likes, for that 6th place spot. :devil:

joe breezy
23-01-2010, 09:44 PM
I find being a Hibs fan difficult, if we get beat it's crap and when we do well I start fearing other clubs buying our players, cannae win, emotionally anyway

This season is our best chance to come at least 2nd and I'm still disappointed at the recent needless implosion

blackpoolhibs
23-01-2010, 09:46 PM
I find being a Hibs fan difficult, if we get beat it's crap and when we do well I start fearing other clubs buying our players, cannae win, emotionally anyway

This season is our best chance to come at least 2nd and I'm still disappointed at the recent needless implosion

Eh, we lost to Dundee utd and Rangers, hardly an implosion. :confused: We wont win every game, surely you never expected us to win the league, as thats what it seems like?

Pretty Boy
23-01-2010, 09:52 PM
Eh, we lost to Dundee utd and Rangers, hardly an implosion. :confused: We wont win every game, surely you never expected us to win the league, as thats what it seems like?

I think what the OP is meaning is had we played as we did today against Hertz, Rangers and Dundee Utd we could easily have been 6 or 7 points better off.

Now i understand this is Hibs and we will always have sticky patches and periods of underperformance however it is a pity we couldn't have negotiated our way through late December/early January just a wee bit better. In saying that i am still very happy with our progress under Yogi and 3rd or 4th this season with a decent cup run would be a great platform to build on.:thumbsup:

joe breezy
23-01-2010, 09:53 PM

Rangers were good against Hibs as they had their full team and everything clicked. This is the best group of players we've had for a while and Celtic and Rangers are rubbish. I think we could have at least come 2nd by having a better attitude, far too happy with getting draws for the sake of being 'unbeaten'. We were rubbish against Hearts too...and that was Hearts reserves

blackpoolhibs
23-01-2010, 09:58 PM
I think what the OP is meaning is had we played as we did today against Hertz, Rangers and Dundee Utd we could easily have been 6 or 7 points better off.

Now i understand this is Hibs and we will always have sticky patches and periods of underperformance however it is a pity we couldn't have negotiated our way through late December/early January just a wee bit better. In saying that i am still very happy with our progress under Yogi and 3rd or 4th this season with a decent cup run would be a great platform to build on.:thumbsup:

Of course we could have taken more points this season, but we have been very lucky apparently too in some games. :wink: Considering were we were last season, to were we are now, its fantastic,and we have done very well up to now, probably a lot better than any of us have expected. So to talk of implosions is wrong imho, we have lost a couple of games.

Gus Fring
23-01-2010, 10:00 PM
far too happy with getting draws for the sake of being 'unbeaten'. We were rubbish against Hearts too...and that was Hearts reserves

Do you honestly think at any time Yogi or the players wanted a draw? We always played for the Win in those games. I really dont think the team gives a flying Nade about maintaining the unbeaten run, its just a pleasant bonus.

I honestly dont think anyone would be completely content in the dressing room at full time thinking "never mind, one point and we're still unbeaten, im happy with that"

As my mate always says "Points dont win prizes, 3 points does"

blackpoolhibs
23-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Rangers were good against Hibs as they had their full team and everything clicked. This is the best group of players we've had for a while and Celtic and Rangers are rubbish. I think we could have at least come 2nd by having a better attitude, far too happy with getting draws for the sake of being 'unbeaten'. We were rubbish against Hearts too...and that was Hearts reserves

I'd swap both old firm squads for ours, what does that say about our team?

Pretty Boy
23-01-2010, 10:03 PM
Of course we could have taken more points this season, but we have been very lucky apparently too in some games. :wink: Considering were we were last season, to were we are now, its fantastic,and we have done very well up to now, probably a lot better than any of us have expected. So to talk of implosions is wrong imho, we have lost a couple of games.

I agree that talking of implosions is unfair. From the mood around ER this time last year to today is like night and day. I do think that some peoples expectations have run away with them slightly given the 12 game unbeaten run and the media hype around us challenging for the league.

I honestly believe with the right additions in the next 2 or 3 transfer windows we really can be looking to push on and close the gap between us and the OF. Until then i think we should all acknowledge how well this season has gone thus far and accept a 3rd or 4th place finish is an acheivement not a failure considering the mess we were in just a few months ago.

blackpoolhibs
23-01-2010, 10:04 PM
I agree that talking of implosions is unfair. From the mood around ER this time last year to today is like night and day. I do think that some peoples expectations have run away with them slightly given the 12 game unbeaten run and the media hype around us challenging for the league.

I honestly believe with the right additions in the next 2 or 3 transfer windows we really can be looking to push on and close the gap between us and the OF. Until then i think we should all acknowledge how well this season has gone thus far and accept a 3rd or 4th place finish is an acheivement not a failure considering the mess we were in just a few months ago.

:top marks :agree:

hfc rd
23-01-2010, 11:52 PM
We are definately going places with Yogi at the helm. Think back to this time last season, when we were struggling to make the top 6, and now this year competing and in the driving seat for third place. Yogi has definately turned us around in barely 6-7 months.