PDA

View Full Version : Hat Trick's

H18sry
23-01-2010, 08:14 PM
With Deek's and Stokesie both getting doubles today, somebody in our company asked, who were the last 2 Hibs players to score hat tricks in the same game, any body know [ it's Jonny time] :greengrin

Jonnyboy
23-01-2010, 08:23 PM
With Deek's and Stokesie both getting doubles today, somebody in our company asked, who were the last 2 Hibs players to score hat tricks in the same game, any body know [ it's Jonny time] :greengrin

Ah'm no tellin ye :greengrin

madabouthibs
23-01-2010, 08:26 PM
Hmmm.....
Cowan and Durie?

wazoo1875
23-01-2010, 08:35 PM
Hmmm.....
Cowan and Durie?

Would that be against Motherwell around 85 . Possibly in the league cup.

Jonnyboy
23-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Would that be against Motherwell around 85 . Possibly in the league cup.

Cowan - 3
Durie - 2
McBride - 1

:greengrin

The Hibee Harp
23-01-2010, 08:42 PM

16/12/72 Hibernian 8 Ayr United 1
Scorers: Gordon (3), O'Rourke (3), Cropley, Stanton

Jonnyboy
23-01-2010, 08:45 PM

:thumbsup:

Crops opened the scoring after 40 seconds IIRC and Hibs had beaten Celtic 2-1 in the League Cup Final a week earlier :greengrin

H18sry
23-01-2010, 08:45 PM

If thats right that, then I was closest cheers as I said it was around then when we were spanking everybody with 6 7 and 8 goals :greengrin

Mag7
23-01-2010, 08:53 PM
Cowan - 3
Durie - 2
McBride - 1

Did we not score six two weeks running in the Skol Cup that season? IIRC Cowan got a hat-trick in the Motherwell game and Durie got three in the other game. Or did Cowan get back-to-back hat-tricks? Either way, I definitely know we got all the way to final and beat both the Old Firm on the way, yet barely put a point on the board in the league during that time. In fact I think we may have lost our opening five games.

Jonnyboy
23-01-2010, 09:00 PM
Did we not score six two weeks running in the Skol Cup that season? IIRC Cowan got a hat-trick in the Motherwell game and Durie got three in the other game. Or did Cowan get back-to-back hat-tricks? Either way, I definitely know we got all the way to final and beat both the Old Firm on the way, yet barely put a point on the board in the league during that time. In fact I think we may have lost our opening five games.

We beat Cowdenbeath 6-0 in the 2nd round then Motherwell 6-1 in round 3. Then drew 4-4 with Celtic at ER in the quarters and won a penalty shoot out thanks to Pierce O'Leary :greengrin Beat Rangers 2-1 on aggregate in the semi and lost 3-0 to the sheep in the Final. We lost the first six league matches too.

Barney McGrew
23-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Then drew 4-4 with Celtic at ER in the quarters and won a penalty shoot out thanks to Pierce O'Leary

The penalty that nearly hit the old electronic scoreboard above the shed :greengrin

We put them out the Scottish that season too, 4-3 at ER.

Jonnyboy
23-01-2010, 09:03 PM
The penalty that nearly hit the old electronic scoreboard above the shed :greengrin

We put them out the Scottish that season too, 4-3 at ER.

That's the penalty I enjoy recalling aye :greengrin

Aye Celtic were p!sh in those days :faf:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
23-01-2010, 09:04 PM

Crops opened the scoring after 40 seconds IIRC and Hibs had beaten Celtic 2-1 in the League Cup Final a week earlier :greengrin

THATS NO NATURAL!

we were walking home from the game today struggling to remember who scored the goals! :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
23-01-2010, 09:14 PM
We beat Cowdenbeath 6-0 in the 2nd round then Motherwell 6-1 in round 3. Then drew 4-4 with Celtic at ER in the quarters and won a penalty shoot out thanks to Pierce O'Leary :greengrin Beat Rangers 2-1 on aggregate in the semi and lost 3-0 to the sheep in the Final. We lost the first six league matches too.

Which sums up the conundrum wrapped up in an enigma that is Hibs :greengrin - [apologies go Hardeep Singh-Koli]

IberianHibernian
23-01-2010, 09:50 PM
A lot of good memories reading this thread . Programme cover of 8v1 Ayr United game in 1972 with Pat Stanton at a snowy ER with League Cup from previous week . Ayr were a good team at that time so 8v1 was a great result . The 6 goal LC wins in 1985 though I didn`t remember losing first 6 league games . The LC penalty win against Celtic is one of my all time favourite matches . I remember we lost to them in league 0v5 at ER just 3 days later and both teams had same starting XIs (Gordon Rae sent off early on for tackle on Murdo MacLeod) - we just had no physical or mental energy left after cup win . Returning to original question about double hattricks , did it not happen in 8v1 v Killie in early 80s , 8v1 in SC v Forfar in 71 , 9v2 v St J in LC in mid 70s or 7v0 v Livingston or big LC win against Montrose a few years ago ? Quite a few hattricks in friendlies (Ally MacLeod against Leicester, Benny Brasil against Celtic , Willie Irvine against Chelsea but maybe not double hattricks ) .

Deeklipse
24-01-2010, 11:21 AM

Still are

Siralbertkidd
24-01-2010, 11:53 AM
If thats right that, then I was closest cheers as I said it was around then when we were spanking everybody with 6 7 and 8 goals :greengrin

Yep, spanked some rubbish by seven clear goals at their patch just a fortnight later :greengrin

sadtom
24-01-2010, 12:09 PM

I remember that game so well even though i wasn't at it. It was my 7th birthday and i had asked to go to the game. My mum had already booked me into the graphic (sogat) clubs xmas party for the kids so i had to go there. I was already of the attitude that i was to 'old' to be going to 'stupid kids party' so you can imagine how peaced off i was when i heard the score.

Part/Time Supporter
24-01-2010, 12:24 PM

Don't tell Jack Regan that, ra Sellick were good in the 80s doncha know byraway?

jae
24-01-2010, 02:11 PM

My 1st time watching the Hibs.

My dad took me along as hibs were perading the cup. Cant remember if it was before or after the game.

Most abiding memory was hibs getting a corner and my Dad saying
"Watch this, big Alan Gordon will head this into the net"
Voila right in the onion bag

We never seem to have had a player with that threat ever since, as far as I can remember

Bunter
24-01-2010, 02:16 PM
IIRC We played Celtc in the league on the Saturday right after this game and got pumped 5-0.

Which sums up the conundrum wrapped up in an enigma that is Hibs
Indeed.

Hibrandenburg
24-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Don't tell Jack Regan that, ra Sellick were good in the 80s doncha know byraway?

Can remember a 3 hat trick game against them. Dogleash and Dean for them and fat Joe H for us :boo hoo:

brog
24-01-2010, 08:33 PM

Ally MacLeod of Tartan Army fame had Ayr clap us onto the park & we were 5-0 up at half time. Incredibly we scored 5 goals in a half on 6 occasions that season: Against Dundee United & Airdrie in the League Cup, both away from home & both coming from behind, against Sporting Lisbon & FC Besa in Europe & against Ayr & a minor Edinburgh team in the league. I think 01/01/73 may have been the date for the last occasion!
PS, my fav stat of all time;
From January 1 1973 to the end of the 1972/73 season Hibs scored more league goals at Tynecastle than Yams!! A classic! :thumbsup:

Hibs On Tour
25-01-2010, 12:37 PM
IIRC We played Celtc in the league on the Saturday right after this game and got pumped 5-0.

Indeed.

:agree: Wis that no right after thingy from that manky lot got caught trying to sell knock-off tracksuits! Seem to remember giving the cant pelters that day.