PDA

View Full Version : Hanlon

Mikey
23-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Looked good at centre half. Won't be long until he's playing there every week for us.

truehibernian
23-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Better second half then first today and got bullied by MAC all the time. Hogg was superb today and led Hanlon through the game like a captain should.

lucky
23-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Looked a different player to the plodder who had been playing LB. Courier gave him a hard game but he did very well. If Bamba goes he could be the answer. The defence look like it was more balanced with Ian Murray at LB. Overall a good performance from the defence

Malthibby
23-01-2010, 06:54 PM
Yup, best from Hanlon seen in some time, & Hogg put himself about well. The goal was just lack of concentration, but for an hour today we were superb. Just loved that third goal.
GG

Dashing Bob S
23-01-2010, 06:54 PM
Looked a different player to the plodder who had been playing LB. Courier gave him a hard game but he did very well. If Bamba goes he could be the answer. The defence look like it was more balanced with Ian Murray at LB. Overall a good performance from the defence

That defence looks a lot better with McBride sitting in front of it.

ronaldo7
23-01-2010, 07:06 PM
The back 5 played well today with young Hanlon playing his part at centre half, with Hoggy to the right and Nid on his left. Young spoony played a blinder on the right and Buzz was sceaming at them all through the match.

Well done the defence:thumbsup:

whiskyhibby
23-01-2010, 07:50 PM

Murray I have to say was fantastic, he got the boot in where it was needed and was willing to run at the Hamilton defence and put them on the back foot...........................Give him a new 4 year contract soon RP!!!

:top marks:pray::flying:

BT58
23-01-2010, 07:59 PM
thought the first half[25mins in] he was an acccident waiting to happen
but thats hibs style,,,,,,throw all yer players forward,dont bother with defence, jeez, even hogg was going forward,,,,,,
it takes time for players to meld,,,,cwertainly looks promising for the future
the GOALIE situation has improved 100%,even with that squealy voice, you know whos in charge of the defence:agree::agree:
hb

King Paddy
23-01-2010, 08:04 PM
IMHO Hanlon did ok today but at present he lacks the physical power to really impose himself on opposing forwards. If Bamba goe's then i feel we need to bring in an older more experienced centre back.

fife hfc
23-01-2010, 08:05 PM
hanlon had an excellent game against a very physical Courier and gave him as good as he got. he won his fair share of headers and stuck in even when Courier got the better of him. Hoggy and murray certainly helped him but he done a great job himself.

Jonnyboy
23-01-2010, 08:06 PM
hanlon had an excellent game against a very physical Courier and gave him as good as he got. he won his fair share of headers and stuck in even when Courier got the better of him. Hoggy and murray certainly helped him but he done a great job himself.

Nail, hammer, head :thumbsup:

EasterRoad4Ever
23-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Looked good at centre half. Won't be long until he's playing there every week for us.

:top marks Curier has been one of theform strikers in the SPL and is a handful for most defenders. Given Hanlon has hardly played this season, I was amazed at how well the lad did. Apart from one turn and shot, I'm struggling to think of another time when Halon let him off the hook. Really good perf :agree:

TornadoHibby
23-01-2010, 08:43 PM

:top marks

Definately looked more comfortable there and Curier is a formidable player for a young guy like Hanlon in terms of experience and physique to deal with but the youngster was excellent today I felt! :agree:

Felt that Hogg had an excellent game today too and supported his partner very well indeed! :agree: :cool2:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
23-01-2010, 08:45 PM
thought the first half[25mins in] he was an acccident waiting to happen
but thats hibs style,,,,,,throw all yer players forward,dont bother with defence, jeez, even hogg was going forward,,,,,,
it takes time for players to meld,,,,cwertainly looks promising for the future
the GOALIE situation has improved 100%,even with that squealy voice, you know whos in charge of the defence:agree::agree:
hb

Hamilton seemed content to sit very deep from the start and let us get into their half before pressing the ball, guess their exertions over the last couple of weeks has caught up with them cos that certainly wasn't the same team we played at Douglas Park....

Thought Hanlon did very well today considering Curier has been playing very well recently and is a big, strong laddie, and Hoggie did his bit talking him through the game.

PISTOL1875
23-01-2010, 09:15 PM

The first thing he will need to learn is to stop trying to get infront of the defender and winning the ball there.. He got rolled a few times by MAC and he was having a field day early on...

scoopyboy
23-01-2010, 09:18 PM
The first thing he will need to learn is to stop trying to get infront of the defender and winning the ball there.. He got rolled a few times by MAC and he was having a field day early on...

Do you mean trying to get in front of the attacker?

PISTOL1875
23-01-2010, 09:18 PM
Do you mean trying to get in front of the attacker?

Yeah .. My mistake...

hfc rd
23-01-2010, 11:45 PM
He had Curier in his back pocket today. He looks very comfortable at CB and if this is the way he is going to play then Bamba is going to have to work extremlely hard to win back his place. :top marks.

Pretty Boy
23-01-2010, 11:50 PM
Unfortunately wasn't at the game today but having watched the HI highlights, listened to the radio and spoke to few people at the match it seems to me he took about 10-15 minutes to settle but after that had a very decent game. Maybe made a couple of silly mistakes/lapses in concentration but at the end of the day thats to be expected from a 19 year old.

matty_f
23-01-2010, 11:53 PM
The whole defence looked much more comfortable today. Having Murray back at left back makes a massive difference, but we couldn't have done it without a great performance from Hanlon.

As mentioned above, Hogg was key in getting the best out of Hanlon today - he talked him through the match very well.

Curier would have been a tough opponent to come up against, but Hanlon did very well against him.:thumbsup:

PISTOL1875
24-01-2010, 11:44 AM
He had Curier in his back pocket today. He looks very comfortable at CB and if this is the way he is going to play then Bamba is going to have to work extremlely hard to win back his place. :top marks.

What game were you watching ??? Hanlon was having a bad time against MAC today.. Diving infront of him at every opportunity to try and win the ball when standing his ground would've been a better option...

blackpoolhibs
24-01-2010, 11:52 AM
I have to say i was never a fan, i thought he was an ordinary left back, with not enough pace, and certainly not strong enough to play centre half at this moment in time. As he seemed to do well yesterday, i am happy to be wrong on this occasion. :top marks:thumbsup:

truehibernian
24-01-2010, 11:53 AM
I agree with that, I thought MAC bullied young Paul throughout the game and used his body strength to his advantage. To be fair, Hanlon improved as the game went on with his clearances and composed passing, but for me he now needs to concentrate on building up some body strength and getting on the practice pitch to practice his timing and heading ability. Looks a very composed centre half in the making though who has the right temperament, and have to say, for being bullied all the time, didn't give any free kicks away that I could remember, which has to be a huge positive. Never in a million years is he a left back though.

EasterRoad4Ever
24-01-2010, 12:15 PM

You missed the :wink: of course. Bamba is a £3-4m player.

hibsbollah
24-01-2010, 12:57 PM
I agree with that, I thought MAC bullied young Paul throughout the game and used his body strength to his advantage. To be fair, Hanlon improved as the game went on with his clearances and composed passing, but for me he now needs to concentrate on building up some body strength and getting on the practice pitch to practice his timing and heading ability. Looks a very composed centre half in the making though who has the right temperament, and have to say, for being bullied all the time, didn't give any free kicks away that I could remember, which has to be a huge positive. Never in a million years is he a left back though.

I thought Hanlon was excellent throughout, as was Hogg.

truehibernian
24-01-2010, 01:17 PM
I thought Hogg was excellent yesterday and put in his best performance this season, not only footballing wise, but leadership wise. Hanlon was led through the game at all times by Hogg and it was good to see. I am a big critic of Hanlon, and yes he is young, but he needs to quicken up his reactions, build up his physique and add a yard of pace. There is no doubt when he has time on the ball he has talent and is composed. His main attribute is his workrate and that his tempermant is superb, never letting his head get too down. Still not convinced by him though (only my opinion). If you could have a mix of McCormack's pace and steel (given he is a centre half), and Hanlons composure and temperament, then that would be some young centre half prospect.

JimBHibees
24-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Thought PH showed a lot of potential however Wednesday will be a massive test against Samaras and Fortune. Thought he looked like he might be a serious player in that position however very early days and think he needs a better Centre back than Hogg to get the best out of him.

Andy74
24-01-2010, 10:26 PM
I have to say i was never a fan, i thought he was an ordinary left back, with not enough pace, and certainly not strong enough to play centre half at this moment in time. As he seemed to do well yesterday, i am happy to be wrong on this occasion. :top marks:thumbsup:

I had the same impression of him but he did okay yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised

Toaods
24-01-2010, 10:51 PM
he was getting slughtered by Yogi for diving in and being turned, one particular time showed massive inexperience.

I was very happy with his performance over the 90 minutes as he fought his corner well against an inform player who has been around the block and back. To suggest he had MAC in his back pocket is quite frankly, laughable.

He will have learned a heck of a lot more yesterday than he will have playing against the old firm/hearts at left back.

Has pushed himself ahead of McCormack in the reckoning I would suggest.