PDA

View Full Version : McBride

Mikey
23-01-2010, 06:48 PM
What a difference having him back. He allowed Miller to get on with his own game.

It could be no coincidence that our bad spell happened when he was missing.

lucky
23-01-2010, 06:49 PM
KM is key to this Hibernian team, again he out very good. He gives cover for others and allows them to play. He is my POY so far

RickyS
23-01-2010, 06:52 PM
KM is key to this Hibernian team, again he out very good. He gives cover for others and allows them to play. He is my POY so far

my player of the year too, Miller seems to be happier playing next to him. still can't work out why the Falkirk fans hated him. its no coincidence that performances suffered when he was injured.

forthhibby
23-01-2010, 06:52 PM
was thinking that throughout the game and notice miller had his best game in ages as well, no coincidence

lapsedhibee
23-01-2010, 07:06 PM
Let me be the first to say that it's no coincidence. :agree:

Dashing Bob S
23-01-2010, 07:10 PM
Scotland's best midfielder in that role.

MyJo
23-01-2010, 07:13 PM
and the team went totally to pot and lost all its shape and organisation when he was subbed :agree:

RickyS
23-01-2010, 07:22 PM
and the team went totally to pot and lost all its shape and organisation when he was subbed :agree:

True, but I also thought we looked weaker without big nish.

Jonnyboy
23-01-2010, 07:47 PM
What a difference having him back. He allowed Miller to get on with his own game.

:agree: :top marks

fife hfc
23-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Mcbride was excellent today and as mentioned above allowed Miller to go further forward. Miller played much more forward today with Mcbride providing cover, something he has not done as he has sat too deep recently.

Cabbage1875
23-01-2010, 08:53 PM
Absolutely key in our performance today I thought, he allows Liam Miller to play and I think Miller just feels like he can play with more of freedom having the security of McBride there. He obviously trusts him much more than the unfortunate Rankin. We all saw today what Liam Miller can do, and this is massively down to the inclusion of McBride for me.

Very very important player for us in more aspects than simply what he does himself on the ball. Top signing by Yogi!

The Voice Of Reason
23-01-2010, 08:55 PM
McBride is a poor man's Brian Kerr.

Come back Brian - all is forgiven !

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-01-2010, 09:07 PM

When he has been missing though, we have not replaced him like for like. That surely has had an impact. I woud happily not see another player come into ER this season, if I picked up up the morning paper to read that a three year contract for McBride had been offered and signed.:agree:

Hiber-nation
23-01-2010, 09:14 PM
McBride is a poor man's Brian Kerr.

Come back Brian - all is forgiven !

Has the muppet who uttered this pish on here ever been back?

BroxburnHibee
23-01-2010, 09:47 PM
The Miller & McBride show was a joy to watch today :thumbsup:

matty_f
23-01-2010, 09:53 PM

:agree:

I suppose the whole shape of the team was different today, so it's probably unfair to attribute the performance solely to the return of McBride, but I have to say that Miller and McBride were outstanding in the middle today. Absolutely outstanding.:thumbsup:

NAE NOOKIE
23-01-2010, 11:01 PM
McBride was excellent today and it certainly is beginning to look like we are a mutch better team with him in it.

For a guy who has been out injured for so long he put in a great shift.

blackpoolhibs
23-01-2010, 11:10 PM

I suppose the whole shape of the team was different today, so it's probably unfair to attribute the performance solely to the return of McBride, but I have to say that Miller and McBride were outstanding in the middle today. Absolutely outstanding.:thumbsup:

Surely not, Yogi is far too stubborn to change things so we are told?

hfc rd
24-01-2010, 12:04 AM
Whenever he plays, we play. Simply outstanding from Mcbride! :thumbsup:.

Saorsa
24-01-2010, 12:41 AM

It could be no coincidence that our bad spell happened when he was missing.I really cannae be ersed typing much so I'll go with this :agree:

AFKA5814_Hibs
24-01-2010, 12:50 AM
Yep. No place for Zemmama in the team tbh. Zouma can be a great player but Our midfield needs more of a bite about it which McBride gives.

danger1875
24-01-2010, 01:17 AM

:top marks night and day with him back

The Harp Awakes
24-01-2010, 01:20 AM
Yes, McBride was the difference today for me. When Kevin is missing we are not the same team pure and simple.

Also Stokes was superb today as was Miller.

Great to see Hibs playing like that again:thumbsup:

cannastar
24-01-2010, 02:15 AM
great performance from us today iv been championing mcbride from the start of the season and although i never like to see a captain demoted,if hoggy were to be relieved of it then i believe kev is the ideal guy to take on the role.looks very much to me like a future hibees skipper.:thumbsup:

Riordans Boots
24-01-2010, 02:22 AM

:agree: :top marks :notworthy:

Sandy
24-01-2010, 07:28 AM
Listening from afar :boo hoo: it did sound like Kevin dictated the pace of the game today, allowed Liam Miller to do what he does best - create chances for the forwards, and helps protect the defense as well, welcome back KM:notworthy:

Petrie's Tache
24-01-2010, 08:35 AM
Future Scotland international me thinks:agree:

HFC 0-7
24-01-2010, 09:49 AM
I thought he is just what the midfield has been lacking, but I am worrying about his fitness for the Celtic match. He looked absolutely knackered just before half time. I hope Yogi can get his fi5tness levels up a bit more for that match!

KWJ
24-01-2010, 09:58 AM
Having only seen him on the tv v Falkirk and maybe Hearts away and whilst pished at Ibrox it really is strange.

I amongst heaps of others said why are we signing this boy. Falkirk fans were laughing at us.

Are you all just taking the piss out of me as it is really difficult to believe!

Kevin McBride for Scotland, how ridiculous did that sound 6 months ago :greengrin

legends of 73
24-01-2010, 10:02 AM
was saying at half time yeasterday to those who cared to listen! that you could see the freedom that miller was getting as he knew that mcbribe was behind him covering up any lose ball.

it was back to how we were playing before his injury.

makes me a lot more confident for wednesday against the smelltic pish

forthhibby
24-01-2010, 10:02 AM
he looks a good organiser on the park as well and not afraid to shout at fellow players or yogi, seemed to be giving yogi grief during the game yesterday about leaving 3 up whilst defending corners as hamilton were going man for man and leaving us short in defence.

Dashing Bob S
24-01-2010, 10:15 AM
great performance from us today iv been championing mcbride from the start of the season and although i never like to see a captain demoted,if hoggy were to be relieved of it then i believe kev is the ideal guy to take on the role.looks very much to me like a future hibees skipper.:thumbsup:

Agree with that. Whoever has the armband, McBride showed that he's our de facto leader. All that shouting, organising, holding position, tracking back, protecting other players, making himself available for passes is a beautiful source of encouragement to all our players, particularly the younger ones. Hanlon was well-protected for his CH debut and D-Spoon had his best game in a while. Not co-incidental, methinks.

Incidentally, anyone else like D-Spoon as a better nickname than the moronic 'Spoony'?

Fifer
24-01-2010, 10:39 AM

He covers so much ground, and is alway's available when needed.:thumbsup:

Pedantic_Hibee
24-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Shows how much we know as football fans.....I can still hear the cries of despair when his signing was announced on the official website :greengrin

He's not only an integral part of our system in terms of his energy, work-rate and give and go passing style, his inclusion in the starting XI brings out the best in the centre-backs and most importantly, Liam Miller.

IMHO, having McBride in there negates the need for us to sign a destroyer the size of John Coffey. He's nippy, neat, intelligent, clever and destroys and creates better than anyone else in the league.

This Hibs system needs someone like that. As a follower of Newcastle, I can recall the impact David Batty made on them when he signed (if memory serves, he was MOTM 7 times in the first 8 games).

When you've got so many players horsing up and down the pitch and running out of position chasing the ball, you need one man in there to keep things ticking over, breaking up counter-attacks and tipping the balance in your favour again.

Get him signed up on a longer deal at the end of the season.

mayo hibee
24-01-2010, 11:08 AM
"McBride is a poor man's Brian Kerr"

Has the muppet who uttered this pish on here ever been back?

To be far a lot of people seemed to think that. Can't remember a player proving so many doubters wrong in such a spectacular way. This thread has probably been dragged back up before, but it's well worth a read. A well as the McBride bashing, special foresight awards should go to the posters who were worried the signing would result in Bamba switching to Centre Back and who were disappointed that we didn't go for Ian Black instead. :greengrin

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=154367 (http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=154367)

Hibby70
24-01-2010, 11:15 AM
IMHO, having McBride in there negates the need for us to sign a destroyer the size of John Coffey.

Signing Coffey would do away with the need for a physio though.:greengrin

cammy1969
24-01-2010, 11:17 AM
what i find with km playing that roll it also gives the full backs more room to push forward as they know that the cover is there dw played so far forward yesterday it was almost right mid he was playing until we made the subs late on

Silver Fox
24-01-2010, 11:32 AM
surprised no one else mentioned it but Rankin played better too with having McBride back in the team, quite noticeable imo. :agree: