PDA

View Full Version : Can we please keep things realistic this week?

Pedantic_Hibee
23-01-2010, 05:03 PM
After last week's OTT reaction following our narrow defeat away to our closest rivals for 3rd place where 44% of the board wanted Yogi, Rankin, Nish and everyone else out the team; can we please not go overboard after today's result and dig out the passports whilst slapping a £15million price tag on Stokes?

Great result, good performance by all accounts and nice to see us finally notching up a convincing win.

Let's enjoy this victory and keep our feet on the ground at the same time.

We're still a work in progress and whilst one defeat doesn't mean we're at crisis levels, one win doesn't mean we'll be hoisting the SPL flag at the first home game of next season.

In Yogi I trust - onwards and upwards, slowly but surely.

hibiedude
23-01-2010, 05:08 PM
I'll 2nd that

But this is Hibs.net :greengrin

It seems that the head Doctor earned his money and the confidence going into the Celtic game must be sky high

Nailrod
23-01-2010, 05:12 PM
I'll third it. A good performance and a good score. But based on the HI commentary Hamilton had plenty of the game (BBC stats have them equal on possession).

18Craig75
23-01-2010, 05:18 PM
I was critical of the team last week, deservedly so I feel, I'm so glad they've put it right today but!

This is what being a Hibs fan is all about! A terrible performance and poor result one week and a thumping victory and great performance the next! Take the highs with the lows. In Yogi I'm confident we have the man to reduce the amount of lows and make the highs higher!

GGTH
:thumbsup:

PaulSmith
23-01-2010, 05:18 PM
I'll third it. A good performance and a good score. But based on the HI commentary Hamilton had plenty of the game (BBC stats have them equal on possession).

Oh well, lets get tore into the Hibs for that then. There had to be something or someone to pick to pieces.

Nailrod
23-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Oh well, lets get tore into the Hibs for that then. There had to be something or someone to pick to pieces.I wasn't aware that I was getting tore into them. Maybe you could make all my posts in future to keep me straight.

joe breezy
23-01-2010, 05:50 PM
We're gonnae win the league :thumbsup:

hibbie02
23-01-2010, 06:06 PM
Where do you get 44% from??? Sauce???

Great result today against a tricky team to beat. HI were saying Hanlon had a bit of a mare. So who's going to start the thread? :greengrin

HibbyAndy
23-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Celtic on Wednesay night now seems a little less daunting. They're nowt special.

Hibby Bairn
23-01-2010, 06:24 PM
To be fair most of the extreme reaction comes from posters who never seem to go to a game. Always interesting to see who was contributing on the official match thread esp. those who live in and around Edinburgh.

BroxburnHibee
23-01-2010, 06:25 PM
After last week's OTT reaction following our narrow defeat away to our closest rivals for 3rd place where 44% of the board wanted Yogi, Rankin, Nish and everyone else out the team; can we please not go overboard after today's result and dig out the passports whilst slapping a £15million price tag on Stokes?

Great result, good performance by all accounts and nice to see us finally notching up a convincing win.

Let's enjoy this victory and keep our feet on the ground at the same time.

We're still a work in progress and whilst one defeat doesn't mean we're at crisis levels, one win doesn't mean we'll be hoisting the SPL flag at the first home game of next season.

In Yogi I trust - onwards and upwards, slowly but surely.

Yer Erse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

****** disgusted with that last half hour :grr: ****** gave up

I'm not wasting any more money on that shower

Total wasters the lot of them

I'll no be back till Yogi sorts them oot.

Endof.

totalfootball
23-01-2010, 06:54 PM
So your saying you have to be from Edinburgh area to pass a good judgement on the team. cos thats bollocks! Im from north of Inverness and I always make between 15-20 games a season, couldn't make it today but delighted with the result and no one wants to see Hibs winning games more than me! However I do agree that a lot of the posts do appear to come from people living abroad etc ( which imo are way ott) who are only giving an opinion on what they have read or seen highlights off. Anyway just putting you straight! GGTTH

To be fair most of the extreme reaction comes from posters who never seem to go to a game. Always interesting to see who was contributing on the official match thread esp. those who live in and around Edinburgh.

TornadoHibby
23-01-2010, 07:12 PM

:top marks

Noticed that myself and the mischief makers usually never retract the rubbish that starts off the particular 30 page thread that it started! :grr:

Best to ignore them! I've started doing that and it has been very therapeutic! :wink: :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
23-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Why?

hfc rd
23-01-2010, 11:33 PM
A superb win. Now lets go to Darkheid and get something. If the yams can beat them, then surely can we.